It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN head, Jeff Zucker: politicians should defend the media from Trump's "attacks".

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 05:12 AM
link   

CNN chief: Politicians should oppose Trump's attack on media.

JERUSALEM (AP) — The president of CNN said Tuesday it was "shocking" to watch the political establishment's silence over President Donald Trump's attacks on the media, calling it an abdication of their responsibility.

Speaking at a media conference in Jerusalem, Jeff Zucker, president of CNN Worldwide, said Trump's labeling of the media as the enemy of the state was unfortunate and dangerous.

Zucker also said he was stunned politicians had not spoken out fiercely against Trump's assault on the free press.

Responsibility?

Its the responsibility of our public servants to defend for-profit media conglomerates who have decided that part of their job is to brainwash/influence the American people?

Not to mention their blatant attempt at subverting our political/election process through a ridiculously Left leaning bias...

Trump is only pointing out what many of us have known for years: that the corporate media is the fifth column of government, they have agendas, biases and are anything but impartial or trustworthy.

edit on 8-3-2017 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Yeah they politicians should oppose Trumps media attacks.

Like anyone with half a brain trusts what a politician says!

Politician + trust = oxymoron.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 05:23 AM
link   
It is shocking. I have seen some articles, but they really should be having a fit. I know I am.
I have CNN use some strong words and The NYT and The Guardian. But I think just strong editorials aren't enough at this juncture.

Politicians should be very loud about Trump's attacking the media. It is a constitutional issue. It should be brought before congress for a hearing.
It is incredulous that Trump keeps destroying the china shop.

edit on 8-3-2017 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 05:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Diisenchanted

Yeah they politicians should oppose Trumps media attacks.

Like anyone with half a brain trusts what a politician says!

Politician + trust = oxymoron.

Trump is the biggest politician in the room. The other ones are in greater numbers, though and should be doing something about this.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Yes, it is their responsibility to make sure we have a free press.

+16 more 
posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 05:42 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

It's incredulous that you keep defending CNN despite the proven bias and collusion they have been shown to be involved in.

Trump can say anything he wants, just like cnn can.

Being President doesn't eliminate 1st amendment rights.

+10 more 
posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 05:42 AM
link   

You just dont give up do you .

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 05:43 AM
link   

It isn't a free press when their bias is so shockingly apparent.

The MSM has been and is still in bed with Hillary and Obama.

The free press is nothing more than an opinion piece!

+7 more 
posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 05:43 AM
link   

You think we've had Free Press? We have a press that is nothing but the propaganda organ of one of the parties, the Democrat Party. Where was this concerned over attacks on the Press when Obama and the media were constantly attacking Fox?

If you actually want a free press it is imperative that we completely discredit the MSM Fox included. They all got to go.
edit on 8-3-2017 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Wait Ophra said that Trump wasn't a politician.

I just don't know what to believe anymore.

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
It is shocking. I have seen some articles, but they really should be having a fit. I know I am.
I have CNN use some strong words and The NYT and The Guardian. But I think just strong editorials aren't enough at this juncture.

Politicians should be very loud about Trump's attacking the media. It is a constitutional issue. It should be brought before congress for a hearing.

The only constitutional issue is you guys thinking Trump doesn't have a right to free speech. He can label them whatever he wants just like they label him and his supporters. Nobody is holding back freedom of the press. They are free to report whatever they want, but that doesn't mean anyone has to believe them.

What's next? Are conservatives in general not going to be allowed to be critical of CNN's reporting?

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 05:59 AM
link   
The problem with CNN is they have been and are so biased against Trump and pro Hillary, who thought this problem wouldn`t be here to begin with and Hillary would romp it in.

Now they are stuck like a broken record, that needs to be tossed out, or they have to admit how corrupt they have been.

I like Fox especially Tucker, they have been critical of Trump but see CNN etc giving Hillary a free ride. I find them to be pretty balanced, not in love with Trump and not Hating him. Like real journalism should be.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

yep by doing nothing, congress is doing just what they are suppose to, protecting freedom of speech. just because he's president doesn't mean he can't bad mouth the press like we do.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 06:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

Why should we give up? This is a Constitutional crisis. The Press is the watchdog for the American people and we count on them to hold politician and the government's feet to the fire and ask really hard questions.

Trump's darling, Fox News went to court and won the right to lie to the people. Where was your outrage then?

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 06:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

If that were true then you MSM apologists should all be picking apart this:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Instead we've seen pure feigned ignorance and cowardice from all but one single apologist across this entire site.

GOOD TIMES!

edit on 8-3-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

Trump's darling, Fox News went to court and won the right to lie to the people. Where was your outrage then?

Please please please some more fake UFO threads . ANYBODY .

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Yes, it is their responsibility to make sure we have a free press.

just what legal EO,or EA has trump signed that has limited the press? when and where has trump petitioned congress to limit what the press has to say?

bumping his gums, and tweeting is not unconstitutional. he is a U.S. citizen first, then president. he still has the right to freedom of speech.

just like you and i have the right to talk sh@@, so does he.
edit on 8-3-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

So when FOX does it, it's lying to the public, but when CNN does it it's a 1st amendment right?

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

originally posted by: hutch622

Why should we give up? This is a Constitutional crisis. The Press is the watchdog for the American people and we count on them to hold politician and the government's feet to the fire and ask really hard questions.

How has he inhibited the press?

In what way is this a constitutional crisis 2 months into his presidency?

Oh and actually it is the american peoples job to hold their feet to the fire... they lie vote them out... fail to follow through vote them out... we the people are the ones that allowed this to happen... the job of the press is to report these failures... not make them up, not shape them to fit the narrative they want to push... just report on it.

edit on 8-3-2017 by Irishhaf because: wrong word

edit on 8-3-2017 by Irishhaf because: additional thought

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Wait.. Bias? Are we talking about Breitbart, too?

Because thats fake news, too!

Everything is fake news. Everything.
Just because you like some media better than the other doesn't prove its authenticity!
edit on 8 3 2017 by ManFromEurope because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join