It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On The Conspicuously Absent Enemy In The US War On Terror

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 04:59 AM
link   
To state it plainly, I think we've been sold a false bill of goods. 911, the World Trade Center buildings fall, reportedly at the hands of Muslim terrorists. Radical Islam has begun to wage war against America, and it's all downhill from here unless we pass this patriot act and go to war in Afghanistan and then Iraq. We needed the Patriot Act because 'sleeper cells' they said. Osama Bin Laden hates us forever, don't forget.

Yet in the years since, there has been remarkably little bloodshed at the hands of radical Muslim fundamentalists. The Boston Marathon bombing. The clinic in San Bernardino. The DC shooters. A couple shootings at military bases. The guy who lit his shoe on fire on a plane was also supposed to be trying to do something I guess. Did I miss any? I might have, but I can tell you I didn't miss many if I did, because there weren't many to begin with. That's my point.

I think it's safe to say that most apprehended terrorists would have been trotted out for the media, cases would have been reported if for no other reason than to justify some of the insane laws we'd passed in the knee jerk to 911. Certainly anytime anyone did anything remotely suspicious anywhere near an airport we sure heard about it from the media, which did serve to justify the heightened security that we had adopted in our knee jerk to 911.

I know I know, 'they hate us because of our freedom.' Sure. More realistically, journalists who have interviewed anti American jihadists have documented that they are simply following their religious teachings to the letter with the holy war that they are waging. Some experts claim that the motivations are more political than religious, that they war against us because we bomb them and meddle in their affairs.

The United States is a huge collection of targets. We have very large borders. A determined enemy with any resource would not have too much trouble gaining entry to the US, then it would be game on for them. What about the sleeper cells? Did the Patriot Act scare them off or something? I don't think so. I don't think they were here in the first place. If they are or were, I don't think they had or have the desire to war with us. The 'sleeper cells' weren't really sleeper cells at all, or that order to attack America was never given, or it was disregarded when it was given.

Whatever the reasons, we have not seen battle here in the US as one would expect had even half of the doom and gloom that was presented to the American people as the sales pitch for this horrible false bill of goods been true.

'We fought them over there so that we don't have to fight them here.' Don't buy it. It is true that by waging foreign wars we have created more enemies in the last fifteen years than we would've by staying out of there. We killed several hundred thousand Iraqi, many of them civilians, so that is I think a strong motivator for those who would attack us for political reasons. Can't say as I blame them. I'd be pissed too, if you killed a bunch of my family and friends who weren't even involved in the fighting.

That we had enemies over there prior to 911 I do not dispute. What I dispute is the notion that war would come here unless we passed draconian laws curtailing our rights and then proceeded to wage war in the middle east for ten years. That was a false notion in my opinion. We were sold a false bill of goods. If I were wrong, we would've seen more bloodshed and destruction here in the US. The fact that we didn't proves my point.

Discuss.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 05:05 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 05:12 AM
link   

"We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false."

link   
Double.
edit on 8-3-2017 by EartOccupant because: (no reason given)

link   
Fear is the tool used for gaining and maintaining power which results in wealth. There needs to be more than one product so people have to keep buying.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBadCabbie

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBadCabbie

We have been trolled to an epic degree

Patriot Act, NDAA, illegal surveillance programs, & they keep on comin!

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Thanks to everyone who has replied so far. Agreed to all, we have been duped by an epic troll, led by our fear, fooled by propaganda. PNAC. Yup. That document pretty much spells it out. I'm not saying these America haters don't exist, they do in my opinion. I am saying that their desire to war with us has been misrepresented to us, to justify hidden agendas that were the real reasons for our foreign wars and unconstitutional laws.

If these guys want a piece of America they could get it. They haven't. Plenty of easy targets here, plenty of gaping vulnerabilities, which a determined adversary could have easily attacked and exploited if they wanted to. It hasn't happened. If this threat were genuine, it would have long since happened.

Of course we've made a lot more enemies over the last fifteen years, so perhaps we will have a real problem in the future. It's interesting to me that by warring with the illusory threat we may well have inspired a genuine threat into being.
edit on 10-3-2017 by TheBadCabbie because: edit

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   
With Oligarchs, Oilmen, E. Prince and Giuliani
in charge, I'd say our chances for a civil right removing
false flag,and soon, would be color coded RED on the
Terror Alert Scale

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: UnderKingsPeak

You're probably right that this would be wise in order for them to preserve the illusion. I mean, I just made this epic thread, and it's gotten a whopping eight flags in the last week and a half...America's waking up, man!

Seriously though, you may well be right. If the globalists want to carry their agenda forward, they will probably need to fabricate a justification for that.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Another thread I made awhile back that I wanted to revive because I thought it never got the attention it deserved.

You're being duped America! The war on terror is not what it seems, never was. Recent history has borne this out. Foreign invasions would not have stopped the war from coming here had that been the 'enemy's' aim. It was not though, hence no real terror plots to speak of save those concocted by our FBI to entrap unstable individuals.

It's sad that we as a nation don't see this. We've killed millions since 2001, millions of people, for a threat that was fabricated from the start. Yellow cake, anyone?

Syria might be a worthwhile fight, there are real atrocities occurring there, yet we have justifiably become so war weary from a decade of spurious warfare that the peoples' will has wavered. I'm not so sure that Syria would have the problems it does today if not for all of our tinkering.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Or the agencies tasked with preventing those types of attacks doing their job well.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA
Or the agencies tasked with preventing those types of attacks doing their job well.

Riiiiight. Show me some evidence of that, please. You'd think they would want to do a little bragging every now and then about how all of our Orwellian trappings have made us safer, but I have yet to see real evidence of that presented...
edit on 9-3-2018 by TheBadCabbie because: (no reason given)

top topics

join