It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello all. I decided to join after a decade of just reading.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Hello everyone. So as the thread title says, i have been reading for a long time here, and now decided to join. I am from Finland (northern Europe, Scandinavia). So my native language is Finnish so if there is some weird goofs in my English please be understanding.

Conspiracies? Well, basically i was in the mainstream way of thinking until i turned like 20 years old. I am 35 now. It has been a long ride and seems like there is no turning back. I do not mean to say that i have sunk too deep, i try to maintain critical thinking. It is just something i have been shown and there is no way to erase that. 9/11 was quite likely the tipping point. I was taking a few midday beers at my local bar and had arranged to meet my friend, his home was just a cigarette-long walk from the bar. So i got there. A bit buzzed, but not drunk. My friend (a brother of my girlfriend back then) opened the door with a pale face and a serious look and said "Listen now". So he was basically a positive guy who would never harm no one, but then he was dead serious, so i said nothing and listened. "Come and watch the TV, something horrifying has happened in U.S.A. and i think the world war three has started" so i sat down, lit up a cigarette and watched the second tower collapse. Something inside me told me this is a setup, a great act of massive evil, although i wished to not accept it. I wanted to stay in the bubble.

So there it began. Investigating. Building seven what's up with that? and the new world order and the aliens and the illuminati and all? It all interested me a lot and keeps me still interested. The unknown. Or the untold? Those google searches got me here in the first place and i am grateful for that, i like to see that a site with as massive membership count as this can still be polite and tirelessly continue to investigate for the truth.

Although... Lately, like last 1-2 years (my sense of time passing is not accurate due to mental disorders, i can google the dates but only subjects that i really care about are those that sticks in my head) there has been some rock throwing due to Trump vs Clinton final election in the U.S.A. I do not care too much about that, not about the rock throwing or the election. But if anyone has read this far and cares anything, about the whole presidential elections i have this to say: Trump is not that good. But Hillary would have been worse. The best choice for the American people and their wellbeing would have been Sanders but i am not an expert on this subject. Or any subject whatsoever.

So this was my introduction. There is a high possibility that i will not be starting any threads but if i feel like i have something to contribute to the vast number of existing threads i just might reply.

Thanks for the site administration and the members for keeping my mind boggling instead of rotting in rust for all of these long years.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 04:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

Welcome friend !!

A fresh change of wind direction to see your thoughts. 10 years? I couldn't have lasted that long and not replied to something.
but suffice to say, since 2003 I've been observing the forums here.

Don't mind the sometimes slow response to the forums, seems to be bad of late, and I have even thought some people are not contributing or responding to threads due to the frustration of the lag.

Hope that is resolved soon.

Pull up a pew, loads of good stuff here, as I am sure you are aware. And never say never about making a thread. I don't, often, as I prefer to add my 2 cents (sometimes, more often than not, I get change) but you never know !!

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Welcome Finspiracy

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Happy to see more scandinavians.
Funny it took almost a decade before i joined too,but i still only read. (almost)
Remember to have the lag in back of your head if you go into a real time debate,
you might be looked at as ruud because no answer.
Get yourself an avatar then it is easy for me to remember you

A friendly advise forget Sanders.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Hi Fin! I have been cruising around ATS since 2008 and only started chatting after the recent swing in U.S. politics. The times they are a changin' I have a feeling many more lurkers will start to slowly weigh in in the year of our dog 2017. I feel like barking at the moon most nights I am 37 and already believe the time of my generation has passed with the direction the world is taking nowadays I feel old fashioned.

Greetings from South Africa

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Welcome and enjoy the site.

There is a wealth of data and knowledge waiting to be shifted and analysis for you to bring up your own personal views and interpretations of the threads you walk into.

Prepare to go deep into the rabbit hole

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   
A decade of only reading on this site? That, my friend, takes the sort of self control and patience most humans simply don't possess. How many times did you almost cross over in ten years?

Welcome!

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Hello from me, I look forward to reading your contributions.
I'm opinionated and can be like a dog with a bone in debate, but if you enjoy robust discussion feel free to challenge me if you ever think I'm posting a load of crap!
I will challenge you in similar circumstances.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Welcome Fin - glad to have you among us.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Welcome Finland!

I have never looked into the 911 thing because I may not like what I find. And UFO & JFK are already such monumental studies, that when you add the Clinton Death List and Obama Bin Laden to Atlantis and Bigfoot, well who has the time for another mystery?

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: usernameconspiracy

Well i think about 2500 times. The site is interesting, and as the warm welcome replies show, people are nice and cool here.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS, Finspiracy!

Lurking is OK but there are moments when you have to say something. I lurked for some six years because I thought I had nothing new to contribute either. One thing I can say... it is wayyyy better being a member than it is lurking!

Hope you enjoy your time here on ATS!

top topics

join