It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Should Have 817 Happy Birthday Threads per Day (on Average)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 04:13 AM
link   
I'm sick of the discrimination...

This forum has 298,250 members. Therefore, we should have an average of 817.1 happy birthday threads per day.

That's the only thing that comes to mind when I see happy birthday threads anymore. It's pure discrimination.

While we're at it, we should have almost as many happy anniversary threads per day on average.

Those approximately 1634 threads per day would swamp all of ATS and make it all unusable.

The happy birthday and happy anniversary threads are pure discrimination.
edit on 8-3-2017 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 04:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion
I'm sick of the discrimination...

This forum has 298,250 members. Therefore, we should have an average of 817.1 happy birthday threads per day.

That's the only thing that comes to mind when I see happy birthday threads anymore. It's pure discrimination.

While we're at it, we should have an average of another 817.1 happy anniversary threads per day.

Those 1634 threads per day would swamp all of ATS make it all unusable.

The happy birthday and happy anniversary threads are pure discrimination.

I don't even know who the last one was for, but seems others do.

Very cliquey around here some times... Oo

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 04:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Happy belated ATS anniversary . Feel better .

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 04:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

Happy belated ATS anniversary . Feel better .

You need 816 more of them. What about the 816 others.

I like christmas too, I think we should have it every year.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Shouldn't this be in jokes, puns and pranks?

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 04:35 AM
link   
a reply to: savemebarry

Cliquey? It's not a thing management does. Night Star tries to keep up...VOLUNTEERING her time to research and make the threads.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Was there a thread for your anniversary?

edit on 8-3-2017 by reldra because: (no reason given)

Uh oh.
edit on 8-3-2017 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Personally i am quite fond of fridays as they come once a week . On a serious note although ATS has nearly 300k members i am pretty sure the active members is quite lower . For instance there are only 120 members online at the moment . And i for one never log out .

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 04:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

Cliquey? It's not a thing management does. Night Star tries to keep up...VOLUNTEERING her time to research and make the threads.

It's extremely cliquey...ahem...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 04:42 AM
link   

We are all conspiracy geeks. If there are cliques, we are the lowest of the low lol

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 04:47 AM
link   

If there are cliques, we are the lowest of the low lol

That's how I feel.
edit on 8-3-2017 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Profusion,

It is my birthday on the 20th of this month. I know that some people in my town are going to do something about that fact. Some of them will be family, others friends. You know who will not do anything about it? My customers at my work place, the people to whom I speak in the street every morning, but share no personal correspondence of any depth with.

The same thing happens here. If someone knows it is ones birthday, they might be motivated, if they wish to pass on some sort of greetings, to create a thread to wish one a happy birthday. If, however, one is not socially active enough to have shared ones day of birth with members, then one can reasonably expect not to receive birthday celebrations in the form of a thread.

Its not cliquey, its simply the case that, as in life, if you share these things with others, if you commune, then you will be celebrated, as is the way of these things.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 04:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

Personally i am quite fond of fridays as they come once a week . On a serious note although ATS has nearly 300k members i am pretty sure the active members is quite lower . For instance there are only 120 members online at the moment . And i for one never log out .

I never log out, but I do find that the lag with the forums in posting or replying, may considerably cause some to log out in sheer frustration.

We need to celebrate every time a post is sent in under 1 minute.

I think we'll need a bigger cake.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Oh it is cliquey, always has been. Why there was even a facebook group made for it, a secret one. Till I let myself out.

And there are still people here now who fan-star each other... seen it recently. Not because of content, but affinity.

Who mentioned that member anyway? I sure didn't. I don't have any issues with them, nor their posts. I just didn't know who the member being merrily celebrated was, but saw others with real life names mentioned that did.

Not cliquey? Good thing I'm a lone wolf.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 05:08 AM
link   

fan-star

Love it .

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 05:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: savemebarry

Oh it is cliquey, always has been. Why there was even a facebook group made for it, a secret one. Till I let myself out.

And there are still people here now who fan-star each other... seen it recently. Not because of content, but affinity.

Who mentioned that member anyway? I sure didn't. I don't have any issues with them, nor their posts. I just didn't know who the member being merrily celebrated was, but saw others with real life names mentioned that did.

Not cliquey? Good thing I'm a lone wolf.

A FB group? If you got in and not me, I don;t find that cliquey. I find that a few ppl wanting to make a group, lol.
I star things I like.

Who was merrily celebrated? You mean Night Star? She takes the time to look up anniversaries and birthdays on her own. In this MASSIVE membership.

If one feels they may be looked over, they can PM her. It would actually help. I think she feels bad if she misses one.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 05:23 AM
link   

A FB group? If you got in and not me, I don;t find that cliquey. I find that a few ppl wanting to make a group, lol.

You may have just missed it, this was in 2013, it's still there now, but they have to vote on who gets in. And I think it's a skeleton of what it was. Back when there was a lot of attacks on ATS, and ATS still had live chat.. I thought they were trolling me when I was invited lol.. It is what it is, or was...

I star things I like.

Who was merrily celebrated? You mean Night Star? She takes the time to look up anniversaries and birthdays on her own. In this MASSIVE membership.

If one feels they may be looked over, they can PM her. It would actually help. I think she feels bad if she misses one.

No, I think she made the thread, but it's not about her or me, I just didn't even know the member, but there were certainly others who did. not a big deal, just seems like if people here are familiar with each other so intimately, there would be a clique.

Not a bad thing, I don't think. just seen it before, and know how it goes... I'm just noise in the wind. never mind me, on this subject.

*scampers back into the forest*

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 05:25 AM
link   

A FB group? If you got in and not me, I don;t find that cliquey.

I just realised you sneakily just insulted me.

Low blow..

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Almost 300,000 members.. lol.. i think you will find that is far lower of people participation... 1000 of those accounts were probably Bernard alone..

I'd say a couple of thousand active members on here at the moment.. now do your maths, hiw many birthday threads a day do we need to make everyone feel special. .

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Misterlondon

I'd say a couple of thousand active members on here at the moment.. now do your maths, hiw many birthday threads a day do we need to make everyone feel special. .

Would one work that number out based on a normal year or a leap year . Because context matters .
edit on 8-3-2017 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join