It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finger picking some country blues.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I've never shared something to such a large community but I thought what the hell.

I play some fingerstyle blues. I had a few pints and thought I would record something. It's recorded off my iPhone so there is a tiny sound quality issue but whatever.

What I get more time I thought maybe I would record some cleaner tracks and when the summer comes around maybe busk for some cash at a local park.

This is like a few samples of what I love to play.

soundcloud.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

Very nice.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

Thank you very much!

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Can’t really hear the playing, but the recording quality is pure Robert Johnson.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I would so love to see video, that sounded really good, puts me to shame and I've put so many rubbish things on facebook lol.

few drinks and I can't help it sometimes..

much to the chagrin of everyone unwittingly click play... But I do come from an electric guitar thrash metal background, where chords are not as delicate, so in the past 3 or so years, playing acoustic and having to actually get each note in time, is like teaching an old dog new tricks. with fingers like mine, chords (or chord structure when finger plucking) is often hit and miss..

Hope you do more, will keep an eye on your soundcloud !!!!

Cheers for the tune

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 06:33 AM
link   
i just bought a new les paul the other day, as a raw player on the front porch, your playing I can connect with. its all about having that home in your heart for your playing

spare me a cig sir, am za broke this evening

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: savemebarry

There's no video just a background pic of me sitting on a rock in Bermuda. But thanx, I appreciate it.
edit on 8-3-2017 by TheAlleghenyGentleman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

"I hobo myself sometimes" - Bukka White.

Thank you sir but unless you got booze stay away from my cigar!

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   

See, that's some fingerpickin' blues I like. Sounds old school and awesome, and I agree with the Robert Johnson comparison. Definite porch music, lol.

I've only recorded two blues songs, one is in the style of Skip James, but I absolutely cannot fingerpick. lol

Mostly I write alternative and acoustic rock type stuff, though I love blues.

What's your guitar?

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

I would love to hear you twang some stuff out. I used to play on a Martin HD-28V. A fancy expensive beautifully balanced guitar. But I sold it to make rent! Hahaha only got half of what I paid for it. Ahhhh life

I bought and love my recording king raj-126.
600 bucks. I took it to a luthier to get setup. 75 bones. It's the poor mans gibson j-45.

What guitars do you have?

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Pretty sweet my man..

love the "old style" sound no matter what the quality was...

Thanks for sharing that...

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: baddmove

Thank you!

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   

I'll send you a couple of links.

I bet that Martin was difficult to give up, lol. That sucks. I'd love to find a vintage D28 or 18 if I could afford it.

My main acoustic is an Epiphone Hummingbird Pro. I love it, it's balanced, mellow, and sings so sweetly.
My main electric is a MIM STrat, and then I have a various collection of low-end guitars (both acoustic and electric) I've acquired over the years, nothing special.

new topics

top topics

join