It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is There A Legal Remedy To Our Corruption Problem?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBadCabbie
a reply to: enlightenedservant

TL;DR? What do you mean by that? Do you mean that you didn't even take the time to read my OP, even though you took the time to type out a lengthy answer, or are you trying to say something else?

The "TL;DR" was aimed at my own lengthy response. As in, "I know what I just typed was extra long. So if anyone wants a summary, here's the TL;DR version".

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

originally posted by: TheBadCabbie

TL;DR? What do you mean by that? Do you mean that you didn't even take the time to read my OP, even though you took the time to type out a lengthy answer, or are you trying to say something else?

The "TL;DR" was aimed at my own lengthy response. As in, "I know what I just typed was extra long. So if anyone wants a summary, here's the TL;DR version".

Ah I see. I thought it might have been that. Well thank you for your reply. Be the change...I agree, but that's not going to fix our problem. These corrupt officials and institutions will have to be dealt with. They're not all just going to suddenly turn over a new leaf, or decide to 'be the change'. I agree with you though, I don't want to burn it down either. If we wind up there, even if we win we've lost. Any legal solutions that you are aware of, that could be initiated by the people?

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBadCabbie

But it has to start with the individual. Otherwise we'll just replace corrupt officials with corrupt newbs.

Let's pretend that a specific local govt is viewed as "corrupt". So the people in the community wave a magic wand and all of those corrupt officials disappear. Who's going to replace them & what guarantee is there that the replacements won't be just as bad? If a citizen is a regular tax cheat, why should we expect him/her to do a govt's accounting properly or not funnel money on the side? If someone is abusive at home and to his/her neighbors, why should I suddenly believe that abusive person will treat the general public kindly if given a position of authority? I'd also expect a habitual liar to keep lying if given a bureaucratic job, & an adulterer to continue pursuing affairs if given a govt job.

Corruption is a global problem because people as a whole engage in corruption. And until people stop being corrupt, it won't matter what form of govt we have. Small town democratic districts have their own forms of corruption, as do mega cities, kingdoms, and dictatorships.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Agreed, but still doesn't answer my question. I shall restate it for you, as you seem to be missing the point of this thread.

Let's just imagine for awhile that I had the goods on everyone. Every corrupt institution, corporation, and person of significance, I have knowledge and sufficient evidence of their crimes. Imagine also that congress will do nothing, and that the DOJ and/or other executive authorities are also unwilling to act(that one's not too hard to imagine, I know). What then? File charges or bring suit in federal court? What if the judges are corrupt as well, and refuse to hear the case? Is there a people's grand jury that can be convened? Some other legal remedy? What is it? For purposes of answering this question, if anyone will seriously attempt to do so, please give a two part answer that assumes that I have either 100 billion dollars to wage this legal battle, or zero dollars.

While I appreciate the ideas expressed in your response, that is not the question. I am the change I want to see. I encourage others to do the same. I'm all about it, frankly. That is not the question or focus of this thread though.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   
C'mon, ATS! I know you can do better than this! All you conspiracy experts, all you concerned govt. eggheads and knee breakers, all you veterans, everyone, think about it...

If, short of government intervention that will not occur, there is no solution to this problem short of violent revolution, then short of government intervention that may not occur, there may be no solution to this problem short of violent revolution! Is that what you want? I'm not advocating anything of the sort, I'm trying to point out the reality of this situation!

You want to see fighting in the streets, your neighbors cut down for no good reason, our country devastated, set back half a century? Do you really want to see the subversives all marched off to gulags never to be seen or heard from again(these may include you and I), or see the subversives win but with the wrong people on top so that the America we were trying to fix goes away forever?

I could go on and on, painting ugly pictures with my words of doom and gloom, but that is not the point of this thread. If we go there, we might get lucky and have it all work out well for the people and the nation. More likely it would get pretty ugly though. There must be some legal remedy that can be pursued. I do not wish to see us resort to drastic measures as a nation. Please help.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join