It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Wick 2....review

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   
A stunningly beautiful film filled with plenty of killin, blood, people getting stabbed, run over by cars, cars getting run over by cars, delicious choreographed violence. Not much of a script or story but the good guy, bad guys scenario is more than enough for Keanu Reeves to do his majic anti hero deadpan. I think this film needs the big screen to get the full effect of fantastic locations and stunning camera work and fantastic stunt work.

edit on 7-3-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

It sucked compared to 1.

It started out fine, felt like it was going to be funny like the first, then went full retard and turned into Rambo 3.

Entirely different vibe. first 5-10 minutes were good but just turned into a mindless blood fest after. Poor production in my opinion. Lost the magic 1 had for sure.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Anything Keanu is in is stunningly beautiful.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Keanu must go back to the roots. We need another Bill & Ted adventure.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Can´t even understand the hype for the first part.
Some well done fighting choreographies, but even those didn´t prevent me from sleeping away.
Tried it two times, slept two times away.

But i can watch movies like, for example The Sting(orthousands of other movies), in the middle of the night, tired as hell, and don´t sleep away, even if i watched that movie a hundred times before and know what´s happening.

A good movie needs good dialogues, a good story/script, good actors, a good movie director, a believable storyline and tension, imho.

This can´t be replaced with non-stop action, to make a good movie, imo.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   
In JW1 he was getting revenge for someone killing his puppy- anyone can understand that and go along with it. In the second film he is just an assassin killing people and even though it was just as stylish as the first movie, I thought his character was much less sympathetic. Sitting there in the theater I felt like I just wanted the movie to be over with. So JW2 just didn't do it for me. Its always good to see Keanu in a movie but I prefer to see him as the hero rather than a character like John Wick.

Sal

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   
This one looks good.

I will definitely be adding this one for later.

top topics

join