It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Podesta Received 170K From Russia's Biggest Bank To End Obama Sanctions

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: SoulSurfer

Edit: I bet you will find much more in Hillary's closet.
No way you find me in that hags bedroom closet ....well maybe my dead body but it would of have to been drug there

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 01:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

The big Democrat circus is over.

Sorta like Ringling Brothers, eh? Where do all the animals go?
edit on 3/8/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: WhateverYouSay
The article makes it seem like it's about John Podesta when it's about Tony. Tony's a lobbyist. I'm not seeing the story.

If John were lobbying on behalf of Russia then yes, absolutely it would be important but just because your brother is a lobbyist for a company which has accepted Russian funds means every single democrat (and Republican) cannot complain about Russia? I'm going to need that one explained.

Arne you serious? Tony has been running errans for John since forever. Back when the saudis needed to better their appearence in the World, who was it that came to their rescue after their meeting with Clinton.... podestas firm.
edit on 8/3/17 by flice because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 01:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: digital01anarchy

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: MysticPearl

The hypocrisy from the left knows no bounds it seems. While they fabricated this Trump/Russia nonsense, the DNC themselves have been wheeling and dealing with Russia behind the scenes. We already know about Hillary and the uranium, now we have this, Podesta received 170K from Russia's largest bank to end Obama's sanctions.

1. What is fabricated about the Trump campaign and Russia? you just assume that everything you don't want to hear is a fabrication and that anything that you might is damning evidence of the crime of the century?

2. What do you think you "already know" about "Hillary and the uranium?" Chances are, it's wrong. 99% of Trump supporters who bring it up have no idea what they are talking about because they're simply repeating inaccurate rhetoric.

3. Why did you leave off the first paragraph of the excerpt? Could it be because that's the part that specifies which Podesta runs the Podesta Group? I'll assume you're not trying to conflate the two but for those for whom it wasn't clear: the Podesta in question is Tony Podesta, not John. Tony Podesta is a lobbyist.

Is it illegal for Tony Podesta to take money to lobby for a Russian bank? Is it unethical for Tony Podesta to lobby for a Russian bank? Did Tony Podesta have any involvement with the Clinton campaign?

If there is good reason to believe that he did something wrong, it should be investigated. If Tony Podesta did something wrong, he should be punished. The same goes for all those members of the Trump campaign.

You should try getting on the right side of this thing instead of simply looking to score points. Also, just a matter of personal preference: you might consider citing Daily Caller instead of Pamela Wingnut Hatemonger Gellar citing Daily Caller. It's always better to get right to the source if they're not beyond a paywall or something like that.

Aww ante is just mad that he wasted months of his life mocking people about how hillary was going to win then when she didn't he rode the russian collusion bs for a few months and wikileaks today put the final nail in that coffin of a story with the vault 7 leak which explains that they have software vulnerabilities made to look like another country hacked someone. Then this podesta story and the fact that fisa's exist where obama was trying or did order a wire tap on his political opponent.

Honestly its like someone consistently poops in his cornflakes everyday he wakes up since her/his hillary lost the election and the dems lost everything else. To be honest it isn't looking good for them on all levels now. I heard that 3rd grade student presidents are switching to a more republican platform in fear of being being considered corrupt just by association and by the off chance anthony weiner asks to skype them for work related material!

Exactly what I noticed too. "Wrong" after "wrong" after "wrong".
And I would imagine, a lot more wrong to come yet.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Like you said...he makes millions per year. What's more valuable, a nominal monetary transaction to show you aren't covering up a meeting or deal with a massive backing or bill being passed that nets you or you company/affiliate a massive contract, or money?

Or winning the White House which would be worth God only knows how much to everyone involved?

a reply to: Grambler

But I think where you are going wrong is assuming that Podesta wasn't asking for favors. How do we know that? Perhaps he asked and was turned dow. Maybe he couldn't produce the goods to get Obama to lift the sanctions, so Russia didn't hold up their end of the bargain, and in fact released the hacked emails to get back at them. Maybe Podesta and Hillary just thought she had the election in the bag and didn't need Russias help.

Plausible.

Now I have no proof of any of this, its just speculation. But so is your scenario.

Ultimately, in both cases it's speculation but I'd say if we were using smoke as an analogy as in where there's smoke, there's fire, the Podesta smoke is a campfire's volume of smoke compared to the Trump campaign's forrest fire worth:

1. There's a strong case for Russian intervention in the election to favor Trump. There was nothing similar in favor of Clinton.

2. Trump openly fawned on Putin and expressed positions regarding Russia that would be favorable to the Kremlin. Clinton on the other hand was accused by Trump supporters (and a Russian politician or two) of being so hawkish on Russia that her election could lead to nuclear armageddon.

3. Remember this thread of mine?

WOW. Russia Confirms Contact With Trump Campaign

Coincidentally, you'll notice that my 2nd post in that thread is actually about the FISA warrants. But as for this third point, Russia’s deputy foreign minister, Sergei Ryabkov, stated that the Russian had close contact with multiple members of Trump's entourage. Notice also that at the time Hope Hicks flat out denied this. Following Ryabkov's statements, another Russian official characterized the contact as SOP but why then did Hicks deny it? What about the Clinton campaign? That same Russian official said that the Clinton campaign rebuked their efforts to establish communication channels.

4. The lying. Hope Hicks lied. Flynn lied, Flynn apparently lied to the administration which led VP Pence to say something to the American people that was either an unwittingly untruth or a lie. In either case, President Trump knew that it was a lie for weeks and was only spurred to act when a leak to the media revealed the truth. Trump's lawyer, Cohen, apparently lied about a back channel deal on Ukraine didn't he? Sessions lied to Sen. Franken during his confirmation hearings about contact with Russia. Now it's come out that Donald Trump himself lied and had in fact met with the Russian Ambassador personally at the end of April.

5. Speaking of Michael Cohen, there sure has been a lot of Russians dying all over the place with connections to this mess and the eigth (by some counts) was Cohen's brother's father-in-law, Alex Oronov, who the Cohen brothers were in business with in Ukraine and who Andrii Artemenko has claimed was a co-conspirator in Cohen's secret plan hatched with Russian officials to install Artemenko (a Ukrainian MP) as President of the Ukraine after blackmailing the current one out of power. Who else has died? That ex-KGB chief, Oleg Erovinkin , who was linked to the infamous "Trump dossier," was found dead in his car in December.

And where do the Russia links even END? Hell, all the posting I'd done about this topic and I didn't even have Cohen on my radar for his possible Kremlin ties until February. And why all the lying by those involved? I'm all for investigating Tony Podesta, John Podesta and up to Clinton if that's where the investigation goes but when it comes to Team Trump, it's just one thing after another — hell, one person after another — and they're acting sketchy as hell.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 01:41 AM
link   
There are direct links to the DOJ/EPA Settlement Records.

Chemoil being the Fuel Co. of Glencore, deal with Rosneft
Russian Owned Oil under Obama Administration and DOJ.

Chemoil Corporation Renewable Fuel Standard Settlement

(Washington, DC - September 29, 2016) EPA and the U.S. Department of Justice today announced a settlement with Chemoil Corporation that requires the company to retire 65 million renewable fuel credits to resolve alleged violations of the Renewable Fuel Standard (RFS) program. The current market value of the credits -- along with an additional 7.7 million renewable identification numbers (RINs) already retired by Chemoil in the lead up to this settlement -- is more than $71 million. Chemoil will also pay a $27 million civil penalty under the settlement, the largest in the history of the EPA’s fuel programs.

www.epa.gov...

The Department of the Treasury must be involved somehow.

edit on 8-3-2017 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I definitely concede that in the end, the hacks helped Trump as opposed to Hillary.

But again, this doesn't exclude the fact that Podesta tried to get snactions lifted, and was paid for it. In addition there appears to be some shadiness in how they filed this.

Trump fawning over Russia proves nothing. Obama talked favorably abvout groups like Hamas or the Musilim Brotherhood, but that by no means makes me think he is working for them. In fact, I think trying to establish relationships with our enemies is good.

On to point 3. First, it hilarious how many removed posts are on that thread. You really know how to bring out anger in people, lol! add point 4 to this. I don't know why there was lying. But maybe because they were worried about optics. But I do know that Clapper was DNI at the time, and he claims they have no evidence that Trump did any wrong.

Point 5. A lot of Russians seem to be dying. Could it not be possible that the deep state in the US (which obviously favored Hillary) is getting some vengeance?

As far as where the links end, you know better than me the insane cess pool that all sides in Washington have. Everyone is connected to everyone it seems, as you have shown with detailed work in some of your threads.

I will acknowledge you raise good points. But I think most of what you are thinking is based of the initial fact that the hacks helped Trump. From there we see Trump fawned over putin, Trumps people had connections and lied about it, etc. However, none of this proves guilt, especially when the DNI is saying there is zero proof.

Although these are connections worth exploring by us on ATS, given the wikileaks today, one could paint an almost identical picture starting with the assumption that the CIS framed Russia. The blaming of Russia hurts trump. The cia hates Trump. They have the tech to frame russia. The want to discredit wikileaks. They won't investigate Hillarys ties to russia. And so forth.

At the end, there must be consistency with these investigations. If the criteria for Trump is he may have offered to do things for the Kremlin for favors and had meetings with them, it should be the same for hillarys side.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: digital01anarchy

Aww ante is just mad that he wasted months of his life mocking people about how hillary was going to win then when she didn't he rode the russian collusion bs for a few months and wikileaks today put the final nail in that coffin of a story with the vault 7 leak which explains that they have software vulnerabilities made to look like another country hacked someone. Then this podesta story and the fact that fisa's exist where obama was trying or did order a wire tap on his political opponent.

"Mocking people about how Hillary was going to win?"

I don't even know what that's supposed to mean. I mocked plenty of people I suppose but I didn't mock them "about how Hillary was going to win." FTR, I was predicting a narrow victory for Clinton. And what is your point? I love how Trump supporters act like Trump winning proves them all clairvoyant. His own team didn't see him winning the morning of the election.

You're completely wrong about the next bit. Look at my posting history:

Oct 18 - Pence Says Evidence Points To Russian Hacking And Russia Should Face "Severe Consequences"

Oct 1 - Dissecting The WikiLeaks Russian Connection

Sep 26 - Who Is Carter Page And How Did He Come To Work For Trump's Campaign?

Notice the dates of those threads of mine? Hrmphf. They're all before the election. What you said was objectively false. You get that right? Just plain wrong. Not accurate. Not representative of reality. A complete fabrication. You want to point a finger at me for being wrong about the outcome of the election and you can't even get easily researched recent history right.

the final nail in that coffin of a story with the vault 7 leak which explains that they have software vulnerabilities made to look like another country hacked someone.

That's not true either. What was in the release was a collection of tools collected from the wild. There's nothing in the documents, notes, etc that says anything about misdirecting attribution, is there? No, just some leading text in the WL release which you're happy to keep repeating because you think it proves something it doesn't.

Honestly its like someone consistently poops in his cornflakes everyday he wakes up since her/his hillary lost the election and the dems lost everything else. To be honest it isn't looking good for them on all levels now. I heard that 3rd grade student presidents are switching to a more republican platform in fear of being being considered corrupt just by association and by the off chance anthony weiner asks to skype them for work related material!

That's cool. I was over the election on Nov 8th. You on the other hand seem to be dwelling on it like a 50 year-old who peaked in high school still trying to cram himself into his high school letter jacket. Have fun with that.

edit on 2017-3-8 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 02:31 AM
link   
So whoever paid him $170K to get sanctions lifted was a sucker...it didn't happen.

Bigliest loser ever. Like, the biggest.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 02:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
A bit more here.

Democratic super lobbyist Tony Podesta failed to register under the Foreign Agent Registration Act (FARA) when he agreed to represent Sberbank, Russia’s largest bank.

Sberbank allegedly has close ties to Russia’s intelligence services, The Daily Caller News Foundation Investigative Group has learned.

Marc Raimondi, the national security spokesman at the Department of Justice, confirmed to TheDCNF that Sberbank never registered with the department under FARA. It did not directly register nor was not registered through any other agency such as the Podesta Group.

David Marin of the Podesta Group told TheDCNF it acted “appropriately” by instead filing with the U.S. Senate under the Lobbying Disclosure Act — or LDA. He justified the move, in part, because its contract was with Sberbank’s New York branch.

“We filed appropriately under LDA because we were working for the U.S. subsidiary,” he told TheDCNF via email. Podesta’s firm received $170,000 to lobby on behalf of the Russian bank for six months in 2016.

That justification was flatly rejected by Ronald A. Oleynik, a partner at the Holland & Knight law firm, who represents foreign clients that face economic sanctions imposed by the U.S. government like Sberbank and VTB Capital.

“FARA is quite clear you can’t hide behind the fact that the U.S. subsidiary hired us rather than the foreign parent,” Oleynik told TheDCNF.

“Someone thought they were doing that because they thought they were clever,” he said. “Shame on them, but it doesn’t change the requirement. It’s not a loophole in any way to say, ‘Oh I’m doing it for a New York corporation, not for the foreign parent.’”

As for a little more about the bank in question.

Sberbank was once known informally as the “KGB bank,” and now has a reputation for close ties to Russian President Vladimir Putin and to Russian intelligence services.

John Schindler, a former National Security Agency analyst and a former professor of the National War College, has charged Sberbank has operational ties to Russian intelligence.

Writing in an opinion article in the New York Observer last April, Schindler asserted that, “funds moving through Sberbank are regularly used to support clandestine Russian intelligence operations, while the bank uses its offices abroad as cover for the Russian Foreign Intelligence Service or SVR.”

“A NATO counterintelligence official explained that Sberbank, which has outposts in almost two dozen foreign countries, ‘functions as a sort of arm of the SVR outside Russia, especially because many of its senior employees are ‘former’ Russian intelligence officers,” he said. “Inside the country, Sberbank has an equally cozy relationship with the Federal Security Service or FSB, Russia’s powerful domestic intelligence agency.”

Obviously the Dems and those close to Hillary don't think the Russians are too evil to do business with. Hey, what's wrong with turning a profit?

Simply f'king amazing.

But why do they accuse Trump and his team for doing what these idiots themselves already have done?

It goes all the way back to calling him names like bigot, racist, misogynistic, narcissistic etc.

It's like mass confession going beyond hypocrisy.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 02:38 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

But why do they accuse Trump and his team for doing what these idiots themselves already have done?

They are obfuscating the issue, all they needed to do was to plant the seed, for many they believe the first thing they hear. Any redaction after the fact is ignored.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: WhateverYouSay

Your circle does not include family members. Sins of the father has been done away with for thousands of years. Mitch McConnells father in law had a bunch of coke found on his boats, do you think that implicates Mitch McConnell?

Obviously some of the Trump allegations are over hte top with just any particular connection somehow generating press, but the allegations in the dossier of Michael Steele are pretty serious and directly alleged against Trump, and every single person that is close to him is then judged to add credence to it if they show connections to Russia, whether or not those connections in and of themselves are shocking (for instance, in reference to the current thread being evidence of not shocking connections). However, if there had been a dossier of extreme importance been alleged against Hillary Clinton then the story would be different, but it's not.

Makes one think, right?

Makes one think, WHY, she and her posse haven't been put under the same microscope.

Btw, that dossier IS over the top and has no validity or truths.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 02:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
a reply to: theantediluvian

I'm pretty sure these guys don't deal in monetary transactions. To believe that is what they want is blind really.

Like you said...he makes millions per year. What's more valuable, a nominal monetary transaction to show you aren't covering up a meeting or deal with a massive backing or bill being passed that nets you or you company/affiliate a massive contract, or money?

Getting paid on the backend is better.

And isn't trying to get sanctions lifted some sort of violation of the Logan act?

They've accused Trump of that too, so I'd look into it and the emolument thing.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 02:55 AM
link   
So. The sanctions are still in place.
Podesta collected? Is alive?

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 03:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
So. The sanctions are still in place.
Podesta collected? Is alive?

I believe so.

Oh and Trump one the election, and sanctions are still there.

And he is still alive.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 03:12 AM
link   

won

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 03:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

won

yep. I need sleep.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

When Trey Gawdy starts it will never end. I am betting that half of Washington will be living in the UAE before all this is over.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Don't let me keep you up.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 05:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
a reply to: MysticPearl

Well lets get to the Fisa court!

We need surveillance on Podesta, everyone involved in the Hillary campaign, Obama, and all democrats that worked with Podesta.

We want info on all of their meeting with anyone in Russia. That means when Pelosi lied and said she never met with Russians she now needs to resign.

We need to share intel from these investigations with our European allies.

Trump needs to relax privacy restrictions so that all agencies can view what is learned in these reports.

And if this results in leaks to the press and all of the intel gets out to make these dems look bad, oh well its no big deal.

I am just waiting for all of the people on other threads I was on that feel there is no problem whatseover with Obama doing any of the above to Trump because of his ties to Russia to come in here and join my calls for action.

I am sure they will be here any minute....

I was thinking the same thing. Why aren't there investigations on EVERYONE on congress about who has had Russian contacts. Anyone who has, needs to resign, or be jailed for such a horrible offence. This needs to cover the whole government if it's this important.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join