It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Podesta Received 170K From Russia's Biggest Bank To End Obama Sanctions

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

But don't hire people from DC to build the wall, it will be full of loopholes and cost the taxpayer way too much.

THIS!

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   
These Leftists are a bunch of fu*king cockroaches.
Grambler...of course the Leftists would have a complete meltdown if the situation was reversed and it was Bannon's brother.
Every brain dead Dem would be on all the Leftist MSM shows calling for everyone in Trump's administration to resign immediately.
Pretty much like they are doing now, except everything they are spewing now is a total fabrication.
Tick tock....the clock is ticking down on these retards.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: Grambler

We need surveillance on Podesta, everyone involved in the Hillary campaign, Obama, and all democrats that worked with Podesta.

I'm going to guess that Tony Podesta's communications with Russian banking officials have already been captured as part of some sort of surveillance of either him directly or surveillance of the Russian bankers with whom he's in contact.

I'm all for investigating Tony Podesta and his links to Russia and if there is something questionable that took place, go after him and if it leads to his brother, so be it, go after him too. If he or they or others are guilty of something, prosecute and imprison them. The same goes for all those in Trump's circle. I wouldn't lose a wink of sleep to see them all locked up (if they're guilty) together in adjoining cells.

It's not an either or situation as far as I'm concerned.

I find you to be quite a reasonable person, and I appreciate and believe you when you say you would want all wrong doing punished, no matter what political side.

However, the standard you set here is different than what has been applied to Trump by the democrats. For example, the sessions meetings with russians were all on the books, yet further inquiry is apparently needed. What are his supposed illegal dealing with Russians that would warrant that?

For Trump, everyone in his circle must have their past gone through with a fine tooth comb to look for russian connection. And why? because he and members of his team had fincial connections to Russia?

So this is the standard that should be applied to Hillary and the democrats. The podesta group was heavily involved in the Hillary campaignn and worked with many members of the DNC. And we now have evidence of their finanical ties. Further more, we know they were attempting to get sanctions lifted. Bith of these were only accused of Trump, yet we have proof with the Podestas.

Given that, I see no reason why every claim the dems have given to why Trump and his team should be investigated shouldn't apply to Hillarys campaign. In fact it seems to in some ways be a stronger case.

As far as Tonys meetings already being none, I highly doubt they have full transcripts of their conversations. yet thats what they got on Flynn. And apparently flynns conversations wasn't to nefarious as there is going to be no prosecution of him.

So even if Tonys conversations have been recorded, that didn't stop the investigation into Trump, so why shuld that be a reason not to have an investigation of Hillarys team?

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

Good find!

"Democratic super lobbyist Tony Podesta failed to register under the Foreign Agent Registration Act (FARA) when he agreed to represent ______.

This seems to be a continuing magic trick, Podesta group does this
on a rolling basis. You can also google "Podesta FARA" and violation, failed,
not registered. This will pull up the many repeat offenses.

But Russians! And Trump!!!

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: MysticPearl

The hypocrisy from the left knows no bounds it seems. While they fabricated this Trump/Russia nonsense, the DNC themselves have been wheeling and dealing with Russia behind the scenes. We already know about Hillary and the uranium, now we have this, Podesta received 170K from Russia's largest bank to end Obama's sanctions.

1. What is fabricated about the Trump campaign and Russia? you just assume that everything you don't want to hear is a fabrication and that anything that you might is damning evidence of the crime of the century?

2. What do you think you "already know" about "Hillary and the uranium?" Chances are, it's wrong. 99% of Trump supporters who bring it up have no idea what they are talking about because they're simply repeating inaccurate rhetoric.

3. Why did you leave off the first paragraph of the excerpt? Could it be because that's the part that specifies which Podesta runs the Podesta Group? I'll assume you're not trying to conflate the two but for those for whom it wasn't clear: the Podesta in question is Tony Podesta, not John. Tony Podesta is a lobbyist.

Is it illegal for Tony Podesta to take money to lobby for a Russian bank? Is it unethical for Tony Podesta to lobby for a Russian bank? Did Tony Podesta have any involvement with the Clinton campaign?

If there is good reason to believe that he did something wrong, it should be investigated. If Tony Podesta did something wrong, he should be punished. The same goes for all those members of the Trump campaign.

You should try getting on the right side of this thing instead of simply looking to score points. Also, just a matter of personal preference: you might consider citing Daily Caller instead of Pamela Wingnut Hatemonger Gellar citing Daily Caller. It's always better to get right to the source if they're not beyond a paywall or something like that.

Aww ante is just mad that he wasted months of his life mocking people about how hillary was going to win then when she didn't he rode the russian collusion bs for a few months and wikileaks today put the final nail in that coffin of a story with the vault 7 leak which explains that they have software vulnerabilities made to look like another country hacked someone. Then this podesta story and the fact that fisa's exist where obama was trying or did order a wire tap on his political opponent.

Honestly its like someone consistently poops in his cornflakes everyday he wakes up since her/his hillary lost the election and the dems lost everything else. To be honest it isn't looking good for them on all levels now. I heard that 3rd grade student presidents are switching to a more republican platform in fear of being being considered corrupt just by association and by the off chance anthony weiner asks to skype them for work related material!

edit on 7-3-2017 by digital01anarchy because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-3-2017 by digital01anarchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Going back to that article from last year, the amount
is staggering. I am not sure who gets the carbon credit
money, but it goes through the DOJ.

Fine listed at 27 million. Wow, for a broke Glencore
where did they find this money?

Carbon credits listed at over 71 million in Carbon Credits.

Chemoil will have to retire some 65 million renewable fuel credits in the settlement, the Justice Department said. It has already retired 7.7 million.
www.reuters.com...

I will dig into this, love to hear from anyone else who knows.

edit on 7-3-2017 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   
The article makes it seem like it's about John Podesta when it's about Tony. Tony's a lobbyist. I'm not seeing the story.

If John were lobbying on behalf of Russia then yes, absolutely it would be important but just because your brother is a lobbyist for a company which has accepted Russian funds means every single democrat (and Republican) cannot complain about Russia? I'm going to need that one explained.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhateverYouSay
The article makes it seem like it's about John Podesta when it's about Tony. Tony's a lobbyist. I'm not seeing the story.

If John were lobbying on behalf of Russia then yes, absolutely it would be important but just because your brother is a lobbyist for a company which has accepted Russian funds means every single democrat (and Republican) cannot complain about Russia? I'm going to need that one explained.

I thought I did a decent job explaining it. You can read my last three posts if you are interested.

+4 more 
posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I know there are still people that have supported an investigation into Trump on here.

Why do they have nothing to say on this, or for that matter my thread on Obamas admin sabotaging Trump to foreign governments?

Surely if they are interested in logic and truth as opposed to just being partisan some of them would have something to say on these threads?

Or maybe they would just sooner they go away...

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Your circle does not include family members. Sins of the father has been done away with for thousands of years. Mitch McConnells father in law had a bunch of coke found on his boats, do you think that implicates Mitch McConnell?

Obviously some of the Trump allegations are over hte top with just any particular connection somehow generating press, but the allegations in the dossier of Michael Steele are pretty serious and directly alleged against Trump, and every single person that is close to him is then judged to add credence to it if they show connections to Russia, whether or not those connections in and of themselves are shocking (for instance, in reference to the current thread being evidence of not shocking connections). However, if there had been a dossier of extreme importance been alleged against Hillary Clinton then the story would be different, but it's not.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
I know there are still people that have supported an investigation into Trump on here.

Why do they have nothing to say on this, or for that matter my thread on Obamas admin sabotaging Trump to foreign governments?

Surely if they are interested in logic and truth as opposed to just being partisan some of them would have something to say on these threads?

Trust me...I feel your frustrations. When you actually research and post a well thought out thread and nobody debates you on it...it sucks. It does tell you one thing though....few here actually research...most are knee jerk reactions to the snippets an OP clips from an already biased source...

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhateverYouSay

Your circle does not include family members. Sins of the father has been done away with for thousands of years. Mitch McConnells father in law had a bunch of coke found on his boats, do you think that implicates Mitch McConnell?

Obviously some of the Trump allegations are over hte top with just any particular connection somehow generating press, but the allegations in the dossier of Michael Steele are pretty serious and directly alleged against Trump, and every single person that is close to him is then judged to add credence to it if they show connections to Russia, whether or not those connections in and of themselves are shocking (for instance, in reference to the current thread being evidence of not shocking connections). However, if there had been a dossier of extreme importance been alleged against Hillary Clinton then the story would be different, but it's not.

First off, you are putting alot of weight on the "Golden shower" dossier?

Wow.

But secondly, I feel I have successfully proven Tony was more than just johns brother. You have just chosen to ignore that.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   
This is golden.
Burying the dastardly Dems with The Russians, priceless.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: Grambler

Trust me...I feel your frustrations. When you actually research and post a well thought out thread and nobody debates you on it...it sucks. It does tell you one thing though....few here actually research...most are knee jerk reactions to the snippets an OP clips from an already biased source...

I know. But its worth it for me for the people that actually want the truth and appreciate well thought out arguments.

If I posted a thread right now that was titled "Left wingers are all dumb" I would get tons of responses.

But I am not complaining. I know the people that care, even if they totally disagree with me, appreciate reading well researched posts.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
It seems that Washington DC attracts that kind of people. We should actually put a wall around it with guards so they can't get out. Trump is putting the wall in the wrong place.

But don't hire people from DC to build the wall, it will be full of loopholes and cost the taxpayer way too much.

Lol, perfect reply, so very true and super funny.

There seems no end to this political hypocrisy, and the fact that it is not world wide front page news and the alphabet agencies are not going in 'guns blazing' speaks volumes.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Fair enough. I'm sold. Investigate Tony Podesta, John Podesta and anyone else from the Clinton campaign. Why not? Personally, I find the whole lobbying for foreign leaders, governments and state-run companies/banks/etc to be the most troubling lobbying of all.

As I said in my last post and earlier in this post, I'm all for investigating the Podestas (and anyone else) but I will counter that your argument has some false equivalence. Consider the following:

Tony Podesta got paid by a state-controlled (51%) Russian bank to lobby for lifting of sanctions — or I'm guessing, more likely, an exemption for the bank. I find that disdainful even if it's legal. But do you think that $170k paid to Tony Podesta would have been enough to buy a lifting of sanctions from Hillary Clinton's admin if she'd won?

$170k is like .7% of he Podesta Group's yearly revenue pased on the 2015 numbers ($23 million). I just don't believe that's enough motivation for anything treasonous. What about the other side?

How much motivation for a campaign is winning the White House? If you could put a price tag on that, what would it be? A billion? $10 billion? I'm sure Russia would gladly pay more than that to put into place a pro-Kremlin administration. That's not to say that Trump himself was aware of it, approved of it, etc — that wouldn't be necessary if enough of the folks advising him were on board.

If audio emerged of one of Trump's inner circle making a deal with Russia to lift sanctions if the Russian government assisted Trump's campaign by releasing hacked emails from the opposition party/members of campaign through WikiLeaks, would you consider that treason?

Do you consider Tony Podesta taking $170k to lobby (ostensibly to lobby Congress which is legal) for the lifting of sanctions to really be on par?

I think that would be quite a stretch.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I'm pretty sure these guys don't deal in monetary transactions. To believe that is what they want is blind really.

Like you said...he makes millions per year. What's more valuable, a nominal monetary transaction to show you aren't covering up a meeting or deal with a massive backing or bill being passed that nets you or you company/affiliate a massive contract, or money?
edit on 3/8/17 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Theres a lot here. first to answer your question.

If audio was found that someone from Trump team bargain to get the Russians to release hacked amials for favors is that treason?

Yes. 100% without a doubt.

But I think where you are going wrong is assuming that Podesta wasn't asking for favors. How do we know that? Perhaps he asked and was turned dow. Maybe he couldn't produce the goods to get Obama to lift the sanctions, so Russia didn't hold up their end of the bargain, and in fact released the hacked emails to get back at them. Maybe Podesta and Hillary just thought she had the election in the bag and didn't need Russias help.

Now I have no proof of any of this, its just speculation. But so is your scenario.

Additionally, look at all of the clamoring for Trump to release his tax returns. (Something I want him to do by the way). Many people assume they will find large business deals with Russia. In other words, the implication is if Trump got a lot of money from Russia, it could show there is shadiness there.

So if sums of money from Russia are good enough to cast suspicion on Trump, why not Hillary?

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 12:38 AM
link   

This establishes a proven connection between Hillary campaign and Russia. The amount doesn't matter, it is the hypocrisy of them pointing the finger over at Trump when they were the ones with the connections.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

This establishes a proven connection between Hillary campaign and Russia. The amount doesn't matter, it is the hypocrisy of them pointing the finger over at Trump when they were the ones with the connections.

I know. But most Trump haters, especially dem politicians and the MSM will just ignore it.

Thats why I have to give props to Ante for not only discussing it, but agreeing that if the investigation into Trumps team is warranted, then perhaps one into podesta also is. It refreshing to see people that are consistent.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join