It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1 Terrorist Released by Obama is 1 to Many Lets do some real Fact Checking

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: conscientiousobserver
a reply to: Stevemagegod

Did anyone ever stop to think that maybe they let them go in order to follow them and gather further intel on the enemy???

Perhaps that was the case in the Bush Administration but Obama wanted to Close Gitmo by any means necessary. After all he did promise to close Gitmo in his 2008 Campaign.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   

How many innocent people are you willing to lock up to prevent 1 person rejoining the fighting? What is the acceptable ratio?

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

How many innocent people are you willing to lock up to prevent 1 person rejoining the fighting? What is the acceptable ratio?

If they are picked up on the Battlefield then they aren't innocent. Gitmo is a POW Camp and the trials are Military not civilian.
edit on 7-3-2017 by Stevemagegod because: spelling

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   

It's not a POW camp, part of the legalese excusing it's existace is that they are not prisoners of war. ( You couldn't treat pows that way).

Many in the camp were handed over by foreign governments. Have you got that much faith that there would be no other agenda there?

Come to think of it would you have that much faith in your own government?

People were held there for years without any opportunity to defend themselves via any legal process.

So how many people and for how long would you be willing to detain without trial to prevent a single attack?

edit on 7-3-2017 by ScepticScot because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 04:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

The Terrorist Sympathizer in Chief? Let it go. Your orange idiot won.

And now the former USA has Commander in Tweet...

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Another thread by you, that is slamming Obama and those that aren't Trump supporters...this is a shocker. Even more of a shocker that you didn't fact check your post. Majority of the detainees released were released under Bush's watch.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   

I see Captain Capslock is back with another hit piece on Obama.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Breibart even agrees that the republican party freed more.
Trump: ‘Terrible Decision’ by Obama to Free ‘Vicious’ Guantánamo Bay Jihadis

Nevertheless, former President Bush released more detainees (532) from Gitmo than Obama.

Did 122 Prisoners Released from Guantanamo Under President Obama Return to the Battlefield?

The majority of those detainees (113) were released under the administration of President George W. Bush, only 9 were transferred during the Obama administration.

According to a report from the Office of the Director of National Intelligence, 122 detainees released from Guantanamo Bay had afterwards “reengage[d] in terrorist or insurgent activities” as of 15 July 2016. But of that total, 113 were transferred out of detainment at Guantanamo prior to the January 2009 inauguration of Barack Obama — that is, under the administration of President George W. Bush:

Trump incorrectly claims 122 Gitmo detainees released under Obama returned to battlefield

Again the orange idiot is caught lying. How many lies must this moron spread before he loses credibility.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Guess this kind of thing is going to happen if you illegally snatch people, detain them without access to the law and torture them which is in contention of intetrnational law..

How many Al Quada or ISIS fighters where in Sryia before the illegal occupation... There where none.. IF you want to go for the terrorists go for those that caused this distablising mess in the first place..

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek

Another thread by you, that is slamming Obama and those that aren't Trump supporters...this is a shocker. Even more of a shocker that you didn't fact check your post. Majority of the detainees released were released under Bush's watch.

This is the Mud Pit Section Snowflake. And I did Fact Check my post with the Alt Left.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer

How many Al Quada or ISIS fighters where in Sryia before the illegal occupation... There where none.. IF you want to go for the terrorists go for those that caused this distablising mess in the first place..

Please provide your sources for that statement because last time i checked Al Q had branches all over the middle east..

Guess this kind of thing is going to happen if you illegally snatch people, detain them without access to the law and torture them which is in contention of intetrnational law..

en.wikipedia.org...

On 11 February 2008, The U.S. Military charged Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, Ramzi Bin Al-Shibh, Mustafa Ahmad Al-Hawsawi, Ali Abd Al-Aziz Ali and Walid Bin Attash of committing the September 11 attacks under the military commission system, as established under the Military Commissions Act of 2006 (MCA).

O ya everyone in Gitmo is innocent hu? We illegally snatch them up hu?

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mictain
Breibart even agrees that the republican party freed more.
Trump: ‘Terrible Decision’ by Obama to Free ‘Vicious’ Guantánamo Bay Jihadis

Nevertheless, former President Bush released more detainees (532) from Gitmo than Obama.

Did 122 Prisoners Released from Guantanamo Under President Obama Return to the Battlefield?

The majority of those detainees (113) were released under the administration of President George W. Bush, only 9 were transferred during the Obama administration.

According to a report from the Office of the Director of National Intelligence, 122 detainees released from Guantanamo Bay had afterwards “reengage[d] in terrorist or insurgent activities” as of 15 July 2016. But of that total, 113 were transferred out of detainment at Guantanamo prior to the January 2009 inauguration of Barack Obama — that is, under the administration of President George W. Bush:

Trump incorrectly claims 122 Gitmo detainees released under Obama returned to battlefield

Again the orange idiot is caught lying. How many lies must this moron spread before he loses credibility.

Just ask Hillary she should know the answer after all she got the popular vote didn't she?

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Please provide your sources for that statement because last time i checked Al Q had branches all over the middle east..

Published by the US government via wikieaks.. The only objective and verfiable news source..

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stevemagegod

This is the Mud Pit Section Snowflake. And I did Fact Check my post with the Alt Left.

First off, namecalling is well, so you...lol.

Second off, you obviously didn't do any fact checking.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   

So you dont like it when i post facts from Right Wing News Sources, you dont like it when i post stuff from Left Wing News Sources, and god forbid i fact check with Youtube and become a Youtube Warrior o my some one is living in denial if you dont trust your own left sources.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Maybe it's just you?

Too hard to resist that one.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   

So you dont like it when i post facts from Right Wing News Sources, you dont like it when i post stuff from Left Wing News Sources, and god forbid i fact check with Youtube and become a Youtube Warrior o my some one is living in denial if you dont trust your own left sources.

The joke is on you, because I'm neither right nor left. You're someone living in your own private Idaho with your fear colored glasses. I actually feel sorry for you because namecalling is all you have.

And who fact checks on youtube? lol

The only thing I'm denying is your sanity.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join