It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sorry Ben Carson Critics: Obama Also Referred to Slaves as Immigrants

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
Are you saying that the slaves that O talked about had dreams and the slaves that Carson talked about didn't?

I'm saying that the slaves that reached the US in the bottom of slave ships were not immigrating for a better life so they were probably not dreaming of anything like that.

Obama's statement refers to slaves "of African heritage" not those who came of the ships.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   

a reply to: SprocketUK

Hypocrisy is what I hope people get out of the thread.

My team is better than your team no matter what. Tired and over done, your team needs to know when they are being stupid.

More hope than real expectation though, isn't

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Regardless of what either man said, slaves wanted to have their children do better.

Maybe not be slaves-just spit balling there.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Sure but, did those in the bottom of ships think that because of the land they were being taken to?

That is the other part of the statements, "America land of opportunity".

No, african slaves fresh off the ship couldn't have had that idea.
edit on 7-3-2017 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   
The left love Obama because he fits their political ideal.
Doesn't matter what he is.
They prefer black politicians that don't look black.
They love things that make them feel good without being challenged.
They would have hated MLK because his message does not fit their narrative.

And these people act like they are fighting for somebody... They ain't fighting for nothing but they own misguided agenda because it makes them feel good.

They don't care about anything but what they want people to think they care about.

edit on 2017-03-07T20:55:28-06:002201707America/Chicago3 by c2oden because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   

So you contend that Carson was thinking the slaves were in the bellies of the ships cheering about going to America?

His statement said they worked longer and harder, but had a dream. So you think they were working longer and harder on the ships? I think he was talking about working in America.

I still fail to see your point.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   

So you contend that Carson was thinking the slaves were in the bellies of the ships cheering about going to America?

That is how the statement is worded.

His statement said they worked longer and harder, but had a dream. So you think they were working longer and harder on the ships? I think he was talking about working in America.

Yes, fresh off the ship and working and still had no idea where they were or what it was called or that it was the "land of opportunity".

The generations that came after, "those of African heritage" probably did find inspiration in those that came before...

ETA: The point is that these statements are different enough so that your claim of hypocrisy is not backed up by them.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: c2oden

I always find it amazing when people pretend they know stuff about large groups of people who they dislike and never spend time with.

Your statements are so small minded, short sighted and generalized and so massively biased I find it amazing that you would actually write them and expect anyone to take you seriously.

Do you even realize how lame you sound saying that stuff?? It's the kind of thing you'd expect from Fred Phelps or a similar type of delusional crackpot who lives a very closed off life filled with fear and anger and ignorance.

I mean, just read the stuff you've been saying here and honestly try and convince anyone else that you don't need serious mental help.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   
And one more thing, nobody wants your help.
You are making things worse.
Your solidarity is superficial.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Sorry, Carson's statements never say that they were fresh off a ship.

And if is a universal that you humans want their children to do better.

Still fail to see your point.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

I always find it amazing when people pretend they know stuff about large groups of people who they dislike and never spend time with.

Your statements are so small minded, short sighted and generalized and so massively biased I find it amazing that you would actually write them and expect anyone to take you seriously.

Do you even realize how lame you sound saying that stuff?? It's the kind of thing you'd expect from Fred Phelps or a similar type of delusional crackpot who lives a very closed off life filled with fear and anger and ignorance.

I mean, just read the stuff you've been saying here and honestly try and convince anyone else that you don't need serious mental help.

Wow.
I don't know where that came from, but OK.
We can discuss this.

edit on 2017-03-07T21:08:26-06:002201707America/Chicago3 by c2oden because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: c2oden
And one more thing, nobody wants your help.
You are making things worse.
Your solidarity is superficial.

And your madness is entertaining.

And I'm not offering you any help. You need a professional for that.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

He did say that they came in the belly of ships so, it does sound like he means first generation, just in case you think fresh off the ship could only mean within the last couple of days.

The point is that the statements are worded so that one can cause liberal rage and the other gets a pass.

If you still fail to see the point then you probably won't, no matter what I say.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Sorry if it was harsh. I do that sometimes.

But you sound like a mad man.

Defining "The Left" like some crazed maniac and making accusations that are based on nothing but you wanting to demonize people. I mean what is that???

What do you even consider "The Left"?? Because that should be a first step. I say this as someone on the left who wouldn't fit with anything your describing.

Other than maybe the statement that "We like what makes us feel good." Because I'm pretty sure that would apply to everyone.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   

So first generation slaves wanted worse for their children? That is foolish, of course they wanted freedom and a better life for their offspring.

Your argument is weak.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

Are you saying that the slaves that O talked about had dreams and the slaves that Carson talked about didn't?

I'm saying that the slaves that reached the US in the bottom of slave ships were not immigrating for a better life so they were probably not dreaming of anything like that.

Obama's statement refers to slaves "of African heritage" not those who came of the ships.

What are you talking about?

Here is Obamas statement.

Certainly, it wasn’t easy for those of African heritage who had not come here voluntarily and yet in their own way were immigrants themselves. There was discrimination and hardship and poverty. But, like you, they no doubt found inspiration in all those who had come before them. And they were able to muster faith that, here in America, they might build a better life and give their children something more.

See that, those the "came before them". And how did they come here? By ships!

So again, why is Carsons statement bad but Obamas good?

Oh and to edit.

I see you are trying to say those of African heritage means they weren't first generation slaves. You have no proof of this. The fact that is says "did not come here voliuntarily" means that they did come here. If he met second generation he would not have said "come"here, he would have sai born here.
edit on 7-3-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   

So first generation slaves wanted worse for their children? That is foolish, of course they wanted freedom and a better life for their offspring.

Your argument is weak.

No, first generation slaves didn't even know they were in the land of opportunity so Carson's speech misses the mark.

The statements are different enough so that your argument that anyone who is upset about one but not the other is a hypocrite is weak.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I have to call the people who can only see one side something.
I say the left, or sometimes the lunatic left.

I should act offended.

edit on 2017-03-07T21:37:43-06:002201707America/Chicago3 by c2oden because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
See that, those the "came before them". And how did they come here? By ships!

Already covered, I think.

So again, why is Carsons statement bad but Obamas good?

Who said either was good or bad? Not me.

They are both just groups of words to me. I'm discussing the claim that if someone is upset by one but not the other it is an example of hypocrisy.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Of course they knew they were in a great nation, the industrial rev was going strong.

Knowing or nor knowing that the US was a nation filled with opportunities means nothing. Even if there where no opportunities the slaves would still want better for their kids.

I still fail to see your point.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join