It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sorry Ben Carson Critics: Obama Also Referred to Slaves as Immigrants

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   
It's only OK when we do it. Or that is the way it looks when Ben Carson made reference to slaves and immigrants. It turns out so did Obama.

Wonder if Samuel Jackson who was so upset about Carson's for his comment was outraged when Obama said almost the same thing?

Secretary of Housing and Urban Development Ben Carson was roundly criticized by celebrities like Samuel Jackson after he referred to the slaves from Africa as immigrants with dreams and hopes for their children’s futures

Obama made very similar comments to Carson's. This "outrage" only applies to certain people and at certain times.
The liberal ideology is a wonder isn't it?

Here is Obama in 2015:

Certainly, it wasn’t easy for those of African heritage who had not come here voluntarily and yet in their own way were immigrants themselves. There was discrimination and hardship and poverty. But, like you, they no doubt found inspiration in all those who had come before them. And they were able to muster faith that, here in America, they might build a better life and give their children something more.
www.breitbart.com...

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

So...

Are you surprised by the selective outrage and double standards?

LOL

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Do you just silence that little voice of reason in your head or what. Did you read both statements made and decided 'this is the truth, what i want to think' ... Just for the sake of what exactly?

I can present both arguments to someone in the remote mountains of the Himalayas who has never seen the english language and ask them to try to deduce differences between statements solely by word for word translation, and they would make you look like what you probably already do.
edit on 7-3-2017 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

That sounds like a lot of travel plans to point out the comments are similar.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I wish I was.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Samuel Jackson like all the other idiots in Hollywood think they can play politics but we all know them they need to keep themselves to TV fantasy because they suck at anything else.

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Doesn't matter.

Dr. Ben Carson is a racist and Obama was a wonderful unicorn-rainbow sunshine-happiness flower.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   
they are both idiots

yay?

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy
Fake outrage s always funny.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

That sounds like a lot of travel plans to point out the comments are similar.

Nope, it sounds like your mental capacity is to create hyperbole when its obvious people are taking Carson's comments out of proportion.
Which makes you your avatar unequivocally.

I can put the words immigrants and slaves in a multitude of sentences and the meaning and context will vary. You know this...
your re trying to push the ideas the left are 'hypocrites ' when Carsons innocently motivated comments is stretched by mentalist left wings just like youre trying to stretch Obamas comments like a mentalist right wing... youre a walking talking oxymoron....

The hypocrisy is mind boggling...
edit on 7-3-2017 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   

I think the fact that Ben is a conservative (something I am not) is getting liberals upset when Obama said basically the same thing in 2015.

And let's not forget the personal insults, the play book of the left is so old and can be spotted so easy. Worn out.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Maybe they are both dumb?

Bloody stupid thing to say no matter who said it.

Though you have to be mad to think anti Trump people won't jump on every little thing that might previously have passed them by when someone on the MAGA team does or says it.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
Maybe they are both dumb?

Bloody stupid thing to say no matter who said it.

Though you have to be mad to think anti Trump people won't jump on every little thing that might previously have passed them by when someone on the MAGA team does or says it.

Agreed.
But if this bickering exists in our highest offices of governance, we're all fubar

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Not the same comment. Not even close. Socially, Carson operates at the level of a 12 year old.

His social skills are poor, so I don't really blame Carson for it sounding how he said it.

edit on 7-3-2017 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   

I think the fact that Ben is a conservative (something I am not) is getting liberals upset when Obama said basically the same thing in 2015.

I think people are focusing on the wrong part of the statement. Slaves were in fact immigrants but they didn't travel with the hope of prosperity and happiness mentioned by Carson. That part was plain stupid.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Hypocrisy is what I hope people get out of the thread.

My team is better than your team no matter what. Tired and over done, your team needs to know when they are being stupid.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Fpr those of you who either think both of them are fine to say that or wrong to say it, I commend you.

For those of you saying there are big differences in what Obama and Carson said, please explain the differnce to me?

I thought the criticism was calling slaves immigrants. Both clearly do that.

Its not like Carson is disparaging slaves. He is saying they worked harder than others.

So could one of you please explain to me why Obama calling slaves immigrants is ok, but Carson doing it is bad?

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

The statements are similar.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

I think people are focusing on the wrong part of the statement. Slaves were in fact immigrants but they didn't travel with the hope of prosperity and happiness mentioned by Carson. That part was plain stupid.

But Obama said a very similar thing.

But, like you, they no doubt found inspiration in all those who had come before them. And they were able to muster faith that, here in America, they might build a better life and give their children something more.

So saying that they traveled with hope of happiness is stupid, but Obama saying they had inspiration in those before them, and they had faith they would build a better life for thier families is somehow acceptable?

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Straws, simply straws.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join