It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA Can Hack Cars to Carry Out “Undetectable Assassinations”

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: SBMcG
a reply to: Rosinitiate

This is a great new take on the CIA/Hastings hypothesis...

The Heavy

I watched a video that had me semi sold that WL was compromised. In that same video it said Heavy was controlled opposition.

That was very good reporting IMO. The video I watched further illustrates what they are capable of. Our greatest intellectuals who control our national security use "I know you are but what am I"
As the go to to discredit their opponents.

How did pedophiles bullies get control of our government? I mean seriously, what the #!

O'Doyle does in fact rule! Me= genuinely speechless.

edit on 7-3-2017 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Do you all remember this one:

Vladimir Putin's official car is involved in a head-on crash in Moscow which killed the Russian president's 'favourite chauffeur'

Russian media has revealed that a head-on crash in which a man was killed involved Vladimir Putin's official black BMW.

However the Russian President was not in the car at the time when it was struck head-on by another vehicle which crossed over from the opposite side of the road.

At the time, I thought about Michael Hastings and wondered if this, too, was a similar hit.

I wondered if it was a warning to Putin or if they thought Putin was in the car at the time. The car that crossed over and headed for Putin's BMW was also a Mercedes

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   

2 killed in fiery crash near downtown Indy

The Marion County Coroner's Office identified the driver as Casey Speckman, 27.

The passenger, who later died at the hospital, was identified as Kevin McCarthy, 44. McCarthy was the president and CEO of'Case Pacer' and Speckman worked in case management software sales at the company. McCarthy graduated as Valedictorian from the FBI Academy and was the youngest FBI agent in the country at the time.

www.theindychannel.com...

'CASE PACER' was mentioned by Podesta in one of his emails.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

Over ride the engine management system, half of the newer cars have there transmission very much computer regulated (it can be over ridden too by the computer), the steering is fully under your control though but think then how easy it is to cause a driver to lose control.

Even the steering can be over ridden in some car's

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Double post removed.

edit on 7-3-2017 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
Do you all remember this one:

Vladimir Putin's official car is involved in a head-on crash in Moscow which killed the Russian president's 'favourite chauffeur'

Russian media has revealed that a head-on crash in which a man was killed involved Vladimir Putin's official black BMW.

However the Russian President was not in the car at the time when it was struck head-on by another vehicle which crossed over from the opposite side of the road.

At the time, I thought about Michael Hastings and wondered if this, too, was a similar hit.

I wondered if it was a warning to Putin or if they thought Putin was in the car at the time. The car that crossed over and headed for Putin's BMW was also a Mercedes

Perhaps, but Putin did awfully well the past two US terms, Crimea, secret uranium deal, Syria.....

Let's stop for a second and think collectively hard.

How did Putin achieve these victories all the while we are like "oh the sanctions" , yet we made a secret deal selling them like 20℅ of our uranium, losing in Syria and watching them take Crimea. Suddenly I'm like "wait, huh?".

Remember, actually nevermind, here:

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
Would someone please explain how it's possible to hack a car and do anything except turn it off? The brakes and steering are mechanicals, switch off the motor or shift into neutral removes the accelerator.

Agreed...

“consistent with a car cyber attack.”

Consistent with running at hi speed, late night, paranoid, watching his rearview mirror instead of that tree.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Not only the CIA.

The CiA lost control of the arsenal they built with tens of billions of taxpayer dollars.

God only knows the other bad actors who are also using these weapons now.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
Not only the CIA.

The CiA lost control of the arsenal they built with tens of billions of taxpayer dollars.

God only knows the other bad actors who are also using these weapons now.

The police would be using these "weapons" To protect life if they had them. Imo they are still endangering everyone with hi speed pursuits that go on for fifteen twenty minutes. Theres a plethora of them on YouTube from this month all over the US...

See for yourself. They use pit maneuvers to stop this vehicle. If they had a kill switch they would have used it.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Watcher777
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

It amazes me that so many of these occurrences that were deemed "conspiracy theories" are coming out as the truth. Yet there will still be the faction on here that will try to debunk this to death.

Even the CIA has limits. If the car has no servomechanisms on the steering, no one's going to be able to 'hack' the steering. If the car doesn't have CAN bus, it's unlikely that you can hack anything on it at all.

Some cars have a lot of 'modern conveniences', and the ones with parking assist and the like that actually CAN work the steering, and those are going to be the ones you can do a lot with. But no amount of hackery can do magic.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   
This is one of the reasons that I prefer classics (especially mid-60s Mustangs), and also along the lines of the reason that I paid an extra $2,000 to have on-star and other computer products from my new(ish) car. And yes when I was in the Army, we used the computer tech in cars to hack them.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

originally posted by: Watcher777
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

It amazes me that so many of these occurrences that were deemed "conspiracy theories" are coming out as the truth. Yet there will still be the faction on here that will try to debunk this to death.

Even the CIA has limits. If the car has no servomechanisms on the steering, no one's going to be able to 'hack' the steering. If the car doesn't have CAN bus, it's unlikely that you can hack anything on it at all.

Some cars have a lot of 'modern conveniences', and the ones with parking assist and the like that actually CAN work the steering, and those are going to be the ones you can do a lot with. But no amount of hackery can do magic.

You scares me sometimes.

Wish you were my uncle or something.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

You're confusing the local citizen police force with the entrenched Deep State.

That's like comparing a firecracker to an atom bomb.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
Would someone please explain how it's possible to hack a car and do anything except turn it off? The brakes and steering are mechanicals, switch off the motor or shift into neutral removes the accelerator.

It depends on the car.

Some cars are heavy into electronics, and as time goes by, it's more that way. My Accord doesn't have a mechanical linkage to the throttle any more, for example, the 'gas pedal' is designed to feel like an old carburetor linkage, but it goes to a pot and that signal is sent to the throttle management computer, which opens and shuts an intake flap and changes the injector settings to match its interpretation of what should be happening for the road situation and the pedal position.

So, for my car, the engine is totally under computer control. Some cars, the transmission setting is somewhat to totally under computer control. The shifter is a 'suggestion', except for the parking pawl. It still FEELS like it's a mechanical linkage, because that's what you're used to feeling. But it's a fake.

Some cars have servos on the steering for auto parking, or for lane assist or the like. To some extent, they can cause steering input when you're not expecting it. And for those cars, typically, the power steering pump is electrically driven and is modulated by the computer to increase road feel. So you have some means of both inputting your own steering AND suddenly making it very hard to turn the wheel on demand. It's not that it's impossible to turn the car with the power steering pump off and the road assist fighting you, but it's surprising and in a pinch, will be tough to deal with.

The traction system gives the computer more or less control, depending on design, over the braking on a per-wheel basis. Which you can use to, as someone posted, steer the car somewhat, or cause a skid as easily as it prevents one.

When you add in a CAN bus in the car linking everything, and pretty much zero in-car validation of command source (there's no security inside the car's systems at all), then you get into a situation where someone could issue commands to all these systems. How do they get in, well, most cars have a really crappy Bluetooth stack (see also: Car Whisperer) that is easy to get into. Luckily, it's pretty short range. Nonetheless, if you get physical access to someone's vehicle even for a few seconds, you can install a module on a CAN bus connector and use it to become the bus master during your particular 'accident'. So, can it be done, yes. But you have to temper that with 'what can this particular car do', because hack all you like, if you don't have a bus or a physical system to control you can't do squat. Some cars yes, some somewhat, others no.
edit on 7-3-2017 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

There are other ways to steer a car other than a steering wheel.

For example, if the car is AWD and has traction control, it can be steered by remotely manipulating the drive wheel.
edit on 7-3-2017 by SBMcG because: Obama is going to SuperMax.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: SBMcG
a reply to: intrptr

You're confusing the local citizen police force with the entrenched Deep State.

That's like comparing a firecracker to an atom bomb.

Police could disable a car remotely and publicly claim it 'ran out of gas' to hide the feature. If there was such a feature installed on cars, qualified mechanic hackers would have located it by now.

There is no kill switch, yet.

Besides which a kill switch is lots different than remotely guiding a speeding car at night into a tree.

In that case, they could have done what the police sometimes do when they pull people over. Shoot first and ask questions later.

The hastings CIA assassination theory is bullocks.
edit on 7-3-2017 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Sure can, any electronic can be manipulated to an open or closed position. Relays are the damnedest things. It receives the required signal and operates as requested. PLC's are 1's and 0's.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

Sure can, any electronic can be manipulated to an open or closed position. Relays are the damnedest things. It receives the required signal and operates as requested. PLC's are 1's and 0's.

Alot more complicated than 1s & 0s nowadays . . . but still the same concept.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Like Beldam said up the page, steering control would need a servo attached to the steering column. Steering is not operated by digital 1's and 0's.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDeLattre89

Alot more complicated than 1s & 0s nowadays . . . but still the same concept.

It's the 1's and 0's that tell something how to behave. How the communications is built to override something exceeds my knowledge.

There are three kinds of circuits, open, closed and short. No exceptions.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join