It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi says no vote until cost of GOP health care bill known

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
Simply repeal Obozo Care.

Why are they NOT doing that.

Why does everything have to be so GD'd complicated!! Aaaarrrgggghhh!!

Lots of reasons. The replacement is not finished. The replacement will remove millions of poor from medicaid. Many Republican Senators and Governors who;s states expanded Medicaid for the poor are saying no. I know New York is definitely saying F off and is trying to make their own universal health care to keep insuring the poor on Medicaid.

There are a TON of reasons.

I would also like the NATIONAL HEALTH CARE bill to be longer than a paper I wrote about the poet Byron in College.
It is just not working.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

That's because most of us work in the real world (aka private sector). We aren't the elites who are smart enough to "get it." Actually, most of us have integrity and the realization that for most things in life, if the problems aren't fixed, life ceases to function in a society.

Imagine telling your boss that you are well aware of the problem, but you have no intention of really fixing it because if you do, then you think there would be no more reason for your job. What do you think he or she would do?

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

At what point do the "poor" cease to be poor?

You understand that the people who are just above the arbitrary cut off will always complain bitterly that they are almost as poor as the last group to make the cut, so why can't they qualify? And the people who claim to care for the purpose of buying votes will always be hot to try to expand such programs to include them.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Insurance is a scam. The whole of the system.

Anyone who 'needs' insurance ... doesn't 'need' insurance ... they need a bailout.

For them to get bailed out .... they need everyone to 'chip in' ... throw away their hard-earned income.

Why are we 'never' told the truth about these things?

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

This is the perfect example of the hypocrites!!!!

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Shocking a Democrat doesnt want to reach across the aisle

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

At what point do the "poor" cease to be poor?

You understand that the people who are just above the arbitrary cut off will always complain bitterly that they are almost as poor as the last group to make the cut, so why can't they qualify? And the people who claim to care for the purpose of buying votes will always be hot to try to expand such programs to include them.

I don't know, but you seem to want to cut an awful lot of people from medicaid and you don;t even know.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   
PEE-LOW-SEE is a turd dressed like a lady, but I agree that the American HealthCare Act is being designed totally azz-backwardly WRONG.

FIRST, the U.S. grants money to each state for building a High-Risk Pool. And, tell health insurance companies to get their Free Market plans ready.

When everything is ready...

SECOND, you tell everyone that U.S.S. Obamacare will be scuttled in 6 months. Begin abandoning ship NOW!

Six Months Later....

ObamaCare is Repealed..gone..no more.

THIS IS SO SIMPLE!! What the hell is wrong with the G.O.P.? You REPLACE and THEN REPEAL!

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   
"The gentle-lady from California will please take her seat."

I glanced at the bill a while ago. It's impossible to understand without having the full text of Obamacare sitting next to it. That's a red flag for me.

It still focuses on insurance, not on health care. Red flag number two. No insurance company has ever healed anyone of anything.

I'm hearing conflicting stories on the extorti... I mean mandate. Red flag number three. If the government wants everyone to have a service, they contract it for everyone and pay for it with a tax. Anything less is a flagrant violation of private property rights.

Too many red flags for me to get excited about it. I agree with Ron Paul: pass a December deadline on Obamacare, and start fresh. That's plenty enough time to come up with a working plan. But rather way,

SHUT UP PELOSI!

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   

I want to know why you think it's everyone else's duty to pay, and when it stops being everyone else's responsibility and becomes a person's own.

Look at how much they are trying to blast Chaffetz for pointing out the obvious -- people who will gladly figure out how to drop hundreds of dollars for the latest smartphone on an annual to biannual basis will turn around and claim they can't pay for even the simplest of health care procedures.

Honestly, as I sit here, I am considered too rich to have even a subsidy for Obamacare, but I have made financial sacrifices in order to pay for the "icky" responsible things. I have a simple flip phone, not a smartphone, and that's only the start. I make those decisions, but it's considered hard-hearted and cruel for someone to point out that it might be a prudent decision for others to make?

So why are you trying to shame me for pointing out that maybe at some point simply raising the level of the entitlement isn't the answer to these problems?

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Isn't this the same Dimocratic party that wanted to pass another bill first so they could know what was in it second?

Another example of Dimocrat hypocrisy.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I used to really dislike Nancy Pelosi.

After a while, I just found her entertaining. Anyone remember Foster Brooks? He was legendary for playing a drunk. If you've never seen him, look up some of his stuff on YouTube. I started to see Nancy Pelosi as a Foster Brooks type character. A comedian pretending to be a clueless career politician. From that perspective, I looked forward to hearing whatever she had to say. It was like comedy gold.

Now I feel sorry for her. It looks like she has dementia and it is rapidly getting worse. It's an ugly way to spend your final years. She will have the best medical care available to keep her body as healthy as possible while her mental faculties degenerate. I think I would rather just die while my mind was intact.

I may have disliked her position on many issues, but I don't think she deserves what the future has in store for her.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 04:37 AM
link   
What a #ing hypocrite.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

The way the bill is right now is not way in hell it could be passed as both democrats and many Republicans don't want it.

I agree.

I will stand with Rand Paul on this

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

In my state is not expansion of Medicaid what the state did is to expand the instate insurance that was already in place, as a state with a big majority of uninsured in the nation due to high poverty level it was going to be a mess expanding Medicaid when the instate covers most of those that didn't fall under Obamacare anyway, and majority were children.

Now children are the ones the benefited the most.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   
They are EXACTLY as good as the last 8 years of Repubs who refused to work with the Dems on virtually anything. Annoying when the shoe is on the other foot, right?

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

If youd rather it be done right, then youre projecting your anger at Pelosi for the wrong reason.
Who cares what she wants, the bill is fubar not because of her...
How many from trumps own party are against it and why, thats where your anger trajectory should be aiming towards...

Fake outrage to circumvent the real problem and to keep the all mighty orange-one looking like the god-like figure he is according to this place.

Great point. I don't really care about Pelosi being a hypocrite (which she is)

I care about health care reform being done right. I have many questions about this new bill, and I would like to know how much it will cost before it passes.

Though your orange and god comments make you sound like a fool.
edit on 8-3-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

A lot of states didn't because their governors and electorates were smart enough to understand that once the Feds stopped picking up the tab for it, the state was going to be solely on the hook for all that.

Most of us feel like we pay high enough taxes already, and if you live in a low cost of living state (most people only see low relative income and think we're all poor), you don't want the higher taxes that will cause because then our low relative incomes WILL matter a whole lot.

We can live quite well relative to the average person in Cali or New York or Illinois on a lower than average for them salary precisely because our states don't do stupid crap like expand medicaid. Even the poorer among us benefit from those decisions in other ways because the cost of living overall stays low ... EVERYTHING else you need to live costs that little bit less.

But start doing stupid stuff like expand the entitlements and all that goes away because all the taxes have to go up to try to pay for it.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

You and me both.

The thing is that I have little to no hope it will ever be fixed. As I mentioned before, there is high interest in it not ever being fixed for political reasons.

The best time to have "fixed" this was before they screwed all of us with it in the first place, and Pelosi was a key part of that. So she can go take a hike. We'll just mark her down as a "NO" to any votes and she can keep her big mouth shut.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   

I agree, we all know that expansion and coverage under the Medicaid means somebody else have to pay for it, very true.

Entitlement programs are only free for those that doesn't have to pay for it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join