It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NSA whistleblower: Trump was wiretapped and monitored.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   

N SA Whistleblower Backs Trump Up on Wiretap Claims .

President Donald Trump is "absolutely right" to claim he was wiretapped and monitored, a former NSA official claimed Monday, adding that the administration risks falling victim to further leaks if it continues to run afoul of the intelligence community.

"I think the president is absolutely right. His phone calls, everything he did electronically, was being monitored," Bill Binney, a 36-year veteran of the National Security Agency who resigned in protest from the organization in 2001, told Fox Business on Monday.

Everyone's conversations are being monitored and stored, Binney said.

And theres the key statement in the last sentence: EVERYONE'S communications and being stored and monitored.

As I pointed out in an earlier thread, Wire-tapping warrant psyop. All of our communications are already being recorded, all of our communications are already being illegally monitored and stored.

He goes on to say that Obama may not have ordered the wiretap but thats irrelevant as the FISA courts have become obsolete since the illegal warrant-less spying is done without any court oversight.

edit on 7-3-2017 by gladtobehere because: typo

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

He goes on to say that Obama may not have ordered the wiretap but thats irrelevant

Actually, since that is what Trump's claim is, it is not irrelevant.

What is actually irrelevant is the claim of someone who left the NSA 16 years ago.

edit on 3/7/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   

And theres the key statement in the last sentence: EVERYONE'S communications and being stored and monitored.

Congress could easily pass a law making that illegal. Why don't they?

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Didn't Billy Binney resign from the NSA after 911?

Is he still privy to the info to make such a call?

Binney resigned from the NSA following the tragic events of 9/11 and “became a whistleblower after discovering that elements of a data-monitoring program he had helped develop — nicknamed ThinThread — were being used to spy on Americans,” PBS reported.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Despite saying that he wants to expand the surveillance state, I dont think Trump actually realizes the scope of spying that is being conducted on the American people.

I hope that this will serve as a rude awakening and change his outlook.

Regardless of how many years have passed since he was employed by the NSA, the information is accurate.

a reply to: LesMisanthrope

My title was almost verbatim to language used in the article.

Thank you.

edit on 7-3-2017 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Confirming the suspicion. More confirmation coming.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   

This guy resigned a full 8 years before Obama's inauguration, and was only giving his opinion. No need for sensationalist title.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   
nevermind
edit on 7-3-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   

I agree that Trump is probably quite ignorant about the scope of NSA collection of metadata or what that even means.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   

I agree that Trump is probably quite ignorant about the scope of NSA collection of metadata or what that even means.

If only he sat around all day searching Google his entire life, he might know something about metadata and NSA collections. He's so stupid.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Really.
He doesn't know about Snowden? I had no idea of the depth of his ignorance.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Really.
He doesn't know about Snowden?

He knows about Snowden. Why do you ask?

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

He goes on to say that Obama may not have ordered the wiretap but thats irrelevant

Actually, since that is what Trump's claim is, it is not irrelevant.

What is actually irrelevant is the claim of someone who left the NSA 16 years ago.

The truth bomber strikes again for the kill!

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Really.
He doesn't know about Snowden?

He knows about Snowden. Why do you ask?

Well, you know. The information he stole. About the NSA's widescale gathering of metadata. The stuff the guy in the OP is talking about.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Well, you know. The information he stole. About the NSA's widescale gathering of metadata. The stuff the guy in the OP is talking about.

I've heard tonnes about Snowden. I watched the movie. But I am quite ignorant about the scope of NSA collection of metadata or what that even means, unfortunately. I would probably also use the now seemingly archaic word "wiretapping".

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Here, let's try a different source.

FBI Plan to Pay Ex-Spy for Trump Intel during Campaign Sparks Questions of Obama Admin’s Use of Federal Authorities for Political Gain

Original source

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   

But I am quite ignorant about the scope of NSA collection of metadata or what that even means,

Huh.
Seems an oddly ignorant position for someone as active on ATS as you are. But then, you aren't the leader of our nation.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: loveguy

That seems to be about the Steele "dossier." Not about Obama tapping Trump's phone.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

That seems to be about the Steele "dossier." Not about Obama tapping Trump's phone.

Please read the original post link sourced to a senator in Iowa, it shows how the fbi was working for obamas political gains, and lends insight as to why comey dropped the hillary email case. Politics and law enforcement are two different animals, but not in this [url=http://www.grassley.senate.gov/news/news-releases/fbi-plan-pay-ex-spy-trump-intel-during-campaign-sparks-questions-obama-admin%E2%80%99s]case.[/u rl]

The link isn't broken in my above post like it's trying to be here.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   

it shows how the fbi was working for obamas political gains
No. It is about a letter from Grassley to Comey asking for clarifications about something that had been published in the Washington Post. Something about the Steele "dossier."

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join