It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost Recon: Wildlands

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Hey all.

This thread is mainly to gather your opinions on the game, Ghost Recon: Wildlands.

Feel free to share your console or PC, and gamer handle.

Briefly, I find the game so far to be quite fun. I purchased a copy last night early release and played for about four hours thusfar.

The graphics are typical for a modern console. Nothing incredible or groundbreaking, but still decent.

I really like the gameplay mechanics. The choice of third or first person firing is great. Also, the ballisitics and realistic feel to weapons, including bullet drop, a huge plus in my book.

Open world play is also a big positive aspect, and while this game is alot like the Division, some major differences include the size of the map (much bigger in Wildlands), vehicles including aircraft and boats in Wildlands, as well as realistic health for enemies (no bullet sponges).

The game also has a leveling system, as well as a breadth of weapons to find, a whole weapons parts system, fully customizeable, as well as a fairly diverse customizeable character appearance.

There are also a lot of paint schemes to mess around with.

I look forward to playing more of this game. Feel free to add me on PS4 too - ChiefofLife

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I did the beta for it and enjoyed it then. Hoping the vehicle control mechanics have tightened up a little as they felt incredibly sloppy to me at the time. Haven't been able to play any so far today but pretty stoked to sit down with it tonight.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

The vehicle handling is still a bit odd but compared to beta i think they may have tweeked it a bit. Particularly cars. Before i was flying off cliffs, now i can drift corners down mountains like Ken Block.
edit on 7-3-2017 by CreationBro because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Watched my nephew play the beta. It looked like a lot of fun to me.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Played the beta for about 20 mins and was laughing at how bad it is, had to turn it off. Story was bad, game mechanics were horrible, graphics sucked I wouldn't spend 5$ on the game.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I've been playing the # out of this game, it's awesome.
The enemy AI is good, there's lots of guns and upgrades for them, the land mass it plays out on it enormous.
I played co-op with a mate of mine for 10 hours yesterday and another 4 today, with more hours clocked up later tonight.
I don't think that people should judge the game based on the Beta or bad reviews of the unfinished game that are online.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Played it for a few hours tonight, so far it's lots of fun but the vehicle controls still need a little tweaking imo, anyone else having issues with the heli controls?

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quantumgamer1776
Played it for a few hours tonight, so far it's lots of fun but the vehicle controls still need a little tweaking imo, anyone else having issues with the heli controls?

omg the heli controls were so incredibly horrible it honestly ruined the game for me,
i could tolerate the poor car controls, i could tolerate the OP AI, i was ok with most the game, not too impressed for its price but ok with it, but once i got in a chopper i was so infuriated how they'd butchered chopper controls i vowed then not to buy it, once the beta was over i was done with it.

such a large open map and you cant reasonably control a chopper. ridiculous.

i love flying choppers in other games like gta, lots of fun. really spoiled it that i couldnt do that in this game.

and i did pilot a chopper around the entire border of the map dodging missiles along the way, i did tweak key mapping to make its controls more intuitive, so i gave it its adaptation chance, still sucked
edit on 8-3-2017 by NobodiesNormal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: CreationBro
I've been keeping an eye on this game since it's showing a year or so back. I played the beta, and fell in love. Got my copy yesterday but haven't had much time to play it. One thing for sure, it's much more fun when playing without the AI teammates. Reminds me of a cross between Division and Farcry 3. I so look forward to many long nights with some headphones and buds killing tangos!
Also, it does have the worst helicopter controls of any game I've every tried to fly one in.

Adding you on my PS4
PSN = RazorOneFour

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: NobodiesNormal

originally posted by: Quantumgamer1776

omg the heli controls were so incredibly horrible it honestly ruined the game for me,
i could tolerate the poor car controls, i could tolerate the OP AI, i was ok with most the game, not too impressed for its price but ok with it, but once i got in a chopper i was so infuriated how they'd butchered chopper controls i vowed then not to buy it, once the beta was over i was done with it.

such a large open map and you cant reasonably control a chopper. ridiculous.

i love flying choppers in other games like gta, lots of fun. really spoiled it that i couldnt do that in this game.

and i did pilot a chopper around the entire border of the map dodging missiles along the way, i did tweak key mapping to make its controls more intuitive, so i gave it its adaptation chance, still sucked
I really don't enjoy games that involve a lot of flying or driving in them. To me, the controls are never quite right... Shrug. Just not my forte.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: CreationBro

I'm loving this game. My wife and have put a lot of time into it! I'm a sniper...provide overwatch for her while she sneaks in and takes bad guys out one by one.

We need to ramp up the difficulty. One shot and dead would be a fun challenge.

The new update has been really nice too...with only one person needing to grab resources. Soooo much better.

top topics

join