It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks: CIA 'Stole' Russian Malware, Uses It to ‘Misdirect Attribution’ of Cyber Attacks

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   
post #12 of this thread explains it quite well

defence.pk...-9274948

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Sure they did. Trump isn't crook, it's the CIA planting fake information to get Trump in trouble. He didn't claim Obama was born in Kenya either did he? That was Hillary. Sure it was. Seriously how stupid can people be?

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: damwel
Sure they did. Trump isn't crook, it's the CIA planting fake information to get Trump in trouble. He didn't claim Obama was born in Kenya either did he? That was Hillary. Sure it was. Seriously how stupid can people be?

Stupid enough to believe Hillary only deleted personal emails (I mean she did just wipe it with a cloth right?)...and Benghazi happened because of a YouTube video....and Hillary and Obama didn't have any behind the scenes deals for the Panama trade agreement allowing massive loopholes for large corporations to hide money similar to having Swiss accounts and whatnot.

Still have yet to see any proof of Trump being a crook though...plenty of allegations just no evidence...I have seen all the evidence of what I just listed in the previous paragraph.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   
My theory is this.

1. A mole in CIA hacks DNC using UMBRAGE impersonating as Russia.

2. He sends the hacked emails to Wikileaks. Remember, Wikileaks says the source is not Russia.

3. CIA discovers the fingerprints of the hacker coming from Russia.

4. Russia gets framed.

5. CIA thinks Russia hacked DNC but not RNC to help Trump win and comes up with the report.

6. That same mole leaks this CIA report to NYT and WaPo.

Crazy stuff.
edit on 8-3-2017 by l007sb because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Memory jog - I recall that during the DNC hacks some Tech
websites dug in a bit and found some curious stuff.

A few of them reported that U.S. Intelligence officials
suspected Russia deliberately left its fingerprints
on the DNC hack.

Some U.S. intelligence officials suspect that Russian hackers who broke into Democratic Party computers may have deliberately left digital fingerprints to show Moscow is a "cyberpower" that Washington should respect.

Three officials, all speaking on condition of anonymity, said the breaches of the Democratic National Committee (DNC) were less sophisticated than other cyber intrusions that have been traced to Russian intelligence agencies or criminals.

For example, said one official, the hackers used some Cyrillic characters, worked during Russian government business hours but not on Russian religious or political holidays."Either these guys were incredibly sloppy, in which case it’s not clear that they could have gotten as far as they did without being detected, or they wanted us to know they were Russian,"

www.businessinsider.com...

edit on 8-3-2017 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

This just goes to show that our cyber intelligence community is completely incompetent.

Our cyber infrastructure needs a complete revamping.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

It needs help, for sure.

With that story it would be really telling which
agency was looking, It could be they were investigating
a hack done with their own tools?

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: Diisenchanted

And.....The FBI uses people to pose as vulnerable online children/minors, as well as staged pedos, to catch sexual predators. Does that mean that we can't trust the FBI to catch sex traffickers and predators?

No, this does

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

The problem is that there appear to many possibilities, with Russia being entirely behind the leaks only one of them, yet it's the only one the previous administration focused on and the media ran with, making it appear as if it was the ONLY possibility.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

So does this mean that the lefts entire argument about the Russians hacking the DNC are null and void.

No.

What this means, if true, is that the CIA has the tools to do so, but it is not proof that they did.

Unless clear evidence is presented, it is still possible Russia was behind the hack.

Where's your evidence?

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   

I was going to make this a thread myself but having searched the forums here I noticed this was made a day or so ago.

I have seen multiple links to this being released by wikileaks and that it does seem that this is very plausible. This would be a very obvious play by any government, use stolen malware to install within its own machines. This could then be used in court to issue reason to attack and thus yet again invade another country for means they deemed ok to do so for.

It is getting totally dispicable and disgusting how those at the top are ruining and are going to ruin our lives in the future. We can expect world war 3 again and people will die in huge droves. They will love this carnage and everyone will fight without reason.

The world really is going to sh*t.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Innocent unless proven guilty. The evidence cited by CIA is not proof enough Russia was the one who hacked DNC. It is evidence, but it is not conclusive proof. Short of a hacker caught and confessed, I don't think a definite proof is possible.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Russia is a very high tech country. PAK FA, T-14, Admiral Gorshkov, Borei is testimony of that. I'm sure the FSB also have technology similar to the CIA's UMBRAGE. Not sure at this point if they used it, hacking other countries while disguised as other countries. It sure is a scary thought what this technology can do.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships
Memory jog - I recall that during the DNC hacks some Tech
websites dug in a bit and found some curious stuff.

A few of them reported that U.S. Intelligence officials
suspected Russia deliberately left its fingerprints
on the DNC hack.

Some U.S. intelligence officials suspect that Russian hackers who broke into Democratic Party computers may have deliberately left digital fingerprints to show Moscow is a "cyberpower" that Washington should respect.

Three officials, all speaking on condition of anonymity, said the breaches of the Democratic National Committee (DNC) were less sophisticated than other cyber intrusions that have been traced to Russian intelligence agencies or criminals.

For example, said one official, the hackers used some Cyrillic characters, worked during Russian government business hours but not on Russian religious or political holidays."Either these guys were incredibly sloppy, in which case it’s not clear that they could have gotten as far as they did without being detected, or they wanted us to know they were Russian,"

www.businessinsider.com...

Very important post.

Just a quick recap.

1. To those disliking the OP source, there are plenty of websites reporting on UMBRAGE which is the CIA project that can frame places like Russia for hacks. Go to the wikileaks press release page to learn on it.

2. This shows the CIA has the capability to frame Russia for the hacks. This is especially troubling because the CIA is hard to trust for various reasons, the Obama admin is hard to trust because of things like the IRS targetting, and we know that both of those groups hate Trump which the leaks of things like the Flynn conversation prove.

3. I agree with introvert that by no means does this prove that the Russians didn't hack the DNC. It just shows that it could have been the CIA. So we now have to decide which is more probable.

4. burntheships article here raises serious questions. Why would the Russians intentionally leave evidence that they were the hackers? They would have almost no motive to do that. However, the CIA would have a very big motive to leave foot prints so obvious in a frame of the Russians that it made investigators think they were incredibly sloppy.

5. The fact that we are now not certain that the russians are the hackers is very troubling, because the Russian hack story has been the entire justification for the witch hunt against Trump.

6. We need an investigation. This needs to have people not invilved in the deep state investigating, we can no longer trust the cia to investigate themselves.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I did post 2 other sources on page 6. USA Today and NY Times.

They seemed to be overlooked.

I also just read that Wikileaks has only released 1% of vault 7.

edit on 9-3-2017 by Diisenchanted because: to add

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join