It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White Rhino Killed by Poachers for it's Horn .... in French Zoo !!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

I think a certain amount of blame for this must be leveled at the zoo , how can men break in and shoot an animal 3 times and still have time to chainsaw it's horn off and make good their escape ?

Have to agree with you there, there should have been a 24 hour security detail on that place at least.

I don't think anyone considered poatchers to be this brazen though. I mean really it shows a certain level of desperation and of course greed.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I am not saying Chinese are behind this sick murder but they are the biggest traders in the business:

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   

a reply to: MysticPearl

I don't think it matters where they're from only that they are caught and put in a high security zoo of there own , this isn't about ethnicity it's pure criminality.

Actually it does matter as I've never heard of any French people doing anything like this.

So logic dictates those who did it likely came from parts of the world where this happens. And then, the question would be are the poachers French citizens or......refugees/migrants?

If the latter were true, then French immigration authorities hold blame for this.
edit on 7-3-2017 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   
F##n SCUM..!
what the F### is wrong with humans?
So sad..poor Vince Rest in peace big fellow

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Now that's just sick.

Please tell me, that the legal punishment when this piece of scum is caught is to cut off his nose.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Someone should honestly pretend to be a buyer for tusks and when they meet whoever it is selling them, just shoot them in the head.

Just start killing the poachers. Every single one of them.

I mean who cares?? Nobody would care one bit. In fact most people would be happy about it.

It seems like a perfects acceptable idea to me.

Rhinos and Elephants are endangered. But we are up to our eyeballs in A-hole humans already. It seems logical which ones to get rid of IMO.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

I don't think it matters where they're from only that they are caught and put in a high security zoo of there own , this isn't about ethnicity it's pure criminality.

Actually it does matter as I've never heard of any French people doing anything like this.

So logic dictates those who did it likely came from parts of the world where this happens. And then, the question would be are the poachers French citizens or......refugees/migrants?

If the latter were true, then French immigration authorities hold blame for this.

Yes and this is not something that's easy, either.

At least 1 of them knew what they were doing.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   

I saw this earlier, and I really have no (ATS appropriate) words for the sheer selfish depths that some humans will go...for money. Disgusting.

I don't think it matters where they're from only that they are caught and put

And have their own horns slowly whittled off.
edit on 7-3-2017 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   

And then, the question would be are the poachers French citizens or......refugees/migrants?

Of course you'd try to turn this back on refugees if you could. Equally disgusting as the act itself.

edit on 7-3-2017 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

And then, the question would be are the poachers French citizens or......refugees/migrants?

Of course you'd try to turn this back on refugees if you could. Equally disgusting as the act itself.

Show me a single article showing a French citizen participating in the poaching trade.

This is simply common sense. Your sensitivities matter not.

BTW, you comparing a post questioning where the poachers came from to the act of killing innocent animals for profit, is quite disgusting.
edit on 7-3-2017 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   

I'd bet money on it being a migrant.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee

I'd bet money on it being a migrant.

I admit that was my thought too.
Totally different values.

Though it's worth so much maybe it's a couple of Union Corse types.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 12:54 AM
link   

I wonder if the values are inflated like they do with 'street prices' for drugs? Another thought is the sub-10% rule for selling stolen goods.

In either case, the rhino could have been killed for a couple of thousand Euros and maybe less.

Strikes me how this might also be a new market for organised gangs in the future. Is security at zoos greater than jewellers or stately homes? I don't know. The shrinking rhino population means horn increases in value for the morons who want to pay for it. Quick score for a well-connected gang who can sell higher up the food chain for good profits.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 01:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

Dont they have those gunshot sensors there?...off to read

As far as I can tell only America has those, I imagine there will be a few scattered about areas deemed important enough around London and Paris but on the whole we don't have enough guns in circulation to need them...

E.T.A Shotspotter is used in Chicago, San Francisco, Miami, Boston, in Puerto Rico, Rio de Janeiro, and New York. It was used in Birmingham for a while but it didn't work properly so they dosconnected it. This was all from a 2014 article so a little may have changed since then.
edit on 8/3/17 by djz3ro because: I wanted to add some ShotStopper info...

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Show me a single article showing a French citizen participating in the poaching trade.

BTW, you comparing a post questioning where the poachers came from to the act of killing innocent animals for profit, is quite disgusting.

Rather than refugees this is more likely to have been a planned incursion by agents who would get out of the country with the goods soon after their sickening act was done. This horn was probably stolen to order...

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 01:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

Rather than refugees this is more likely to have been a planned incursion by agents who would get out of the country with the goods soon after their sickening act was done. This horn was probably stolen to order...

How hard is it to get in and out of a country like France? The borders seem to be wide open.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 01:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.

What the F#!@ is wrong with these people? There is no magic or medicine in the Rino horn. Someone needs to find these people and put them in prison with an animal lover named Bubba.

Agreed, but try telling that to the idiots who believe in fairy tales and myths.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 01:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: noonebutme

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.

What the F#!@ is wrong with these people? There is no magic or medicine in the Rino horn. Someone needs to find these people and put them in prison with an animal lover named Bubba.

Agreed, but try telling that to the idiots who believe in fairy tales and myths.

They have no education, of course they are going to believe in myths and fairy tales. Good luck changing that, the only answer is that prison cell with Bubba.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 01:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee
How hard is it to get in and out of a country like France? The borders seem to be wide open.

Very true, another reason I believe this was an in-and-out job as opposed to something carried out by someone residing in the country. This is just my belief/feeling in the matter, the evidence may lead elsewhere.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join