It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White Rhino Killed by Poachers for it's Horn .... in French Zoo !!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   
It's a sad fact than Rhino and Elephant populations have been decimated over the years by poachers feeding the demand for their prized tusks and horns , but it comes to something when the animals aren't even safe from the vile scum who feed upon them in a European zoo.

Keepers found Vince, a four-year-old white rhino, in his enclosure at Thoiry Zoo on Tuesday morning. One of his horns had been hacked off with a chainsaw, police said. The African rhino's horn commands high prices on the black market, with about 100 killed every month in the wild.
However, this is thought to be the first time poachers have targeted a rhino living in a European zoo.
Vince was shot three times in the head after poachers forced their way into the zoo overnight. They then took the horn - a kilo of which could fetch as much as $60,000 (£49,300).
www.bbc.co.uk...

I think a certain amount of blame for this must be leveled at the zoo , how can men break in and shoot an animal 3 times and still have time to chainsaw it's horn off and make good their escape ?

edit on 7-3-2017 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Poachers are arseholes to begin with but this is a special kind of sicko to sneak in to a zoo to poach. Jesus

I hope they've got surveillance video and can do something about it.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Where were the poachers from?

From what I understand, it's not really something Europeans participate in.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Read about this some hours ago in a german newspaper and couldn´t believe it!
But it seems as that there are enough rich chinese(that use the horn to raise their potency, allegedly) everywhere...

"I think a certain amount of blame for this must be leveled at the zoo , how can men break in and shoot an animal 3 times and still have time to chainsaw it's horn off and make good their escape ?"

Maybe he didn´t have to break in...

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   

News articles should not mention how expensive the horn is worth, could just encourage others. Also, i suspect that the price they have quoted is inaccurate, likely broken down like drug busts, where it's sold by the gram at the street level. Instead they should lean the other way and make it seem not so lucrative.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   
This is so sad. So f'ing sad.

There is just nowhere safe from people who have such a low morale compass.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

I don't think it matters where they're from only that they are caught and put in a high security zoo of there own , this isn't about ethnicity it's pure criminality.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

Where were the poachers from?

From what I understand, it's not really something Europeans participate in.

First i thought, a lil bit racist, no wonder, enough africans in france. But then i remembered that the africans in africa do this mostly because of poverty, and sell that stuff to rich chinese people.
Enough rich chinese in france, too, i guess...

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   

What the F#!@ is wrong with these people? There is no magic or medicine in the Rino horn. Someone needs to find these people and put them in prison with an animal lover named Bubba.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Terrible news!, remembered watching in the news a while back, this rancher had Rhinos and he drilled the horns and put poison in them just in case some poacher got one from him.....

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Not racism pointing out who and from where these animals are from! It's a problem that yelling racist , won't make it go away. This is probably not the work of a bunch of Scotish holligans visiting for a football match. Walks like a duck.......

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Must be immigrants.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   
People are f***ing disgusting, which is why I can't stand them.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   
As long as there is a demand for Rhino horn, these sick bastards will go to any lengths to provide it.

When Zoos can no longer provide a safe haven for these precious creatures, what hope is there?

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Wow, thats sad...herez what I need to read the article for...I cant imagine you can use anything smaller than a h and h .375....416 rigby kind of round in the wild...what did they use at what range for 3 head shots that didnt report lije a cannon. Onky a few handguns have the bluster, .454 .460 .480 and a 50...all loud as hell. Nobody heard? Dont they have those gunshot sensors there?...off to read

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

The article doesnt say what was used...they were interupted in their effort, so the weapons report must of drawn quick response. These kinds of animals cant easily be killed with your run of the mill 9mm etc..not even 3 of them to the head

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Lower then low this is....

people who murder animals should be punished for what it is : murder , and should be put in jail for a good amount of years.

Bah im getting emotional from this , gonna give my cat a good hug

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee

News articles should not mention how expensive the horn is worth, could just encourage others. Also, i suspect that the price they have quoted is inaccurate, likely broken down like drug busts, where it's sold by the gram at the street level. Instead they should lean the other way and make it seem not so lucrative.

Aw shhss $60,000 for one horn?
That can pay for my College Diploma!
But, seriously these days you need $1 million just to even survive that rate of house prices.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   
When these shytes are caught, they need to be covered in dog food and thrown to the hyenas.

Sick, horrible gits.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Jeezus, I would put them against a wall and shoot them..no last cigarette either, f'n scum..going to Asia no doubt.

I like the thrown to the Hyena's idea.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join