It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aircraft not tracked on adbs

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I live in a small town in indiana. Just had a tree top flying military fighter fly over head. It looked like an F-22, but nothing is showing on adbs filtered for military.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Did you try FlightRadar.com ?

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Crumbles

Most fighters over the US don't show up. Either they don't have the transponder upgrades yet, or they don't broadcast. The only time they're really required to is if there's a potential airspace concoction with commercial aircraft, such as when they transit to another area. But then they're usually with a tanker, and the tanker broadcasts.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Well that answers that. It was literally barley over the treattops. The closest base is bunker hill or grissom. Seems weird to be so low when they have 40 miles. It was extremely loud.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Natas0114

Yes. Tried them all. Most are to laggy. Adbs is smooth.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Crumbles

I occasionally pick up an A-10, like today, and caught a group of GR.4s yesterday going in to Nellis, but they're very few and very far between. Tons of T-38s though. Even the Red Flag guys only show the larger aircraft.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Wish there was some way to trace military planes as normally by the time you hear them they're already over the horizon and all you can see is a dot in the distance

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Speaking of unusual military aircraft. A Growler, most likely at least two of them, is coming out of Washington right now. He's popping in and out on my map, but he's heading southeast, towards Idaho.
edit on 3/7/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   

I see quite a few warhogs flying low. I've never checked on the radar though. I just assumed they're so common they would be on.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I use Flightradar24 to watch the local AFB flights. Sometimes they show up sometimes they do not. I did notice something weird though. They seem to keep the flights origination point mixed up so as to not seem consistent. We have a SOC Base here and the flights will say they originated from the local (small) airport or the Main AFB, which clearly- the FlightRadar24 path shows them coming from the SOC base. There is much more going on with this and I might create a thread showing my findings in the near future.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I can tell you the the MC-130's and C-5's / C-17's flying out of Moffett (KNUQ) never have their ADS-B transponders on and the SF Bay Area airspace is pretty crowded

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

I actually catch them sometimes on ADS-B Exchange. I catch all kinds of neat things on that site. A Luftwaffe A400M went to Texas to get some BBQ yesterday apparently.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I've been hooked on the ADS-B Exchange, filtered for military, for a few months now. Some tend to vanish then pop back up later. Had three K35Rs crossing east over Kansas, one turned back west and the other two fell off the exchange only to pop up in Indiana a bit later.

I will note, the last time I saw a B2 fly over I checked the Exchange and....no B2. Who woulda thunk it?

The strangest one was a Dreamliner that was flying over the Great Lakes, flight originated in Beijing and was owned by a high end charter service, can't recall the company name. That was showing with the military filter on, I don't know, diplomats?

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Badgermole42

Chinese military probably. Flying a civilian charter removes the requirement for a military liaison, and the concerns that you're running cameras or recording devices flying over military bases.

It's weird. I haven't ever caught a bomber flying, but I'll catch U-2s over California orbiting around Bakersfield.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   

That would make sense, as far as the Chinese charter. Thank you.

I see a ton of K35R, C17 and C5M. I think I've seen one bomber, a B52 showed up on it but it was on the ground testing.

My absolute favorite one is off the West coast of Africa at 0 lat 0 long, must be a satellite generated baseline for the system; shows an altitude just over 3 million feet and a speed of something like 14,200 but doesn't move on the ground. So 600 miles up would be about right for a navigation satellite if I recall correctly.
edit on 7-3-2017 by Badgermole42 because: On account I gots my east and west all messed up and didn wanna look all stoopid n stuff.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Badgermole42

Yeah, I saw a Spanish Military one today that showed over 3.7M feet. I had one yesterday, a Voyager tanker taking a group of GR.4s to Nellis. He was over New Mexico, showing on the ground, at 385 knots average speed. I'm pretty sure he wasn't rolling down I-40 at 400 mph though.

Caught three E-4B flights in the last three or four days. One came out of the Georgia area back to Offutt, then another out of the same area, to DC, and out of DC today.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Yep, saw an E4 recently. AF2, all the way from Newfoundland down to DC when Pence came back from Europe last week.

I think the first day I was watching it a T-6 was ground tested in the Dallas area, it was throwing out some 90,000 to 130,000 foot altitudes.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I think they've been drinking in California tonight.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

I actually catch them sometimes on ADS-B Exchange. I catch all kinds of neat things on that site. A Luftwaffe A400M went to Texas to get some BBQ yesterday apparently.

Cool, Ill check that one out. The usual apps I have on my bike never show any of the military stuff.....

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   

I love ADS-B Exchange. I filter it for military aircraft and ignore everything else. It catches all kinds of neat stuff. Watched two Rivet Joints and Constant Phoenix out of the Hall the other night.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join