It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Keystone XL oil pipeline will not use American steel, despite Donald Trump’s pledge

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: D8Tee

originally posted by: syrinx high priest
trump can't even get a canadian company using eminent domain to force ranchers to allow their property to be used so they can get the oil to the koch refineries in the gulf of mexico to be sold overseas to buy american

because the deal was already done

so he's stupid or weak, take your pick

What are you talking about with regards to the eminent domain?
and btw, whats wrong with exporting refined petroleum products?

According to the agreement the oil company has the power to claim eminent domain on anyone's land as long as it is going to be used by the pipeline.
They don't have a problem with exporting refined petroleum products they have a problem with Canadian trash sludge crude being pumped by the company with one of the worst spill records all the way across America to be refined.

You'd rather see oil come from overseas?

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
Most things for the pipeline are bought and paid for years ago and yes I know that for a fact. A company in South Bend built the controls for it and they have been sitting in the old Studebaker warehouse waiting to be shipped. Now they are being prepped to be shipped at the end of the month.

trump should have known that then.

so why make the american steel promise

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: SolAquarius

originally posted by: Mikehawk
a reply to: Southern Guardian

But, but, but...hillary...

LOL

People starting to realize they got hoodwinked by the NWO and now know Trump is part of the regularly scheduled programe. I would laugh even harder if I didn't feel pity for all of you who fell for it.

MAGA

Yup the Illusion of the left and the right and playing a long game of power and control is very effective on so many levels. The more people are divided along partisan lines the easier it is to push their buttons at the right time and get the desired outcome.
Hillary was probably plan A and Trump is plan B.

Remains to be seen. So far y'all can't even agree on whether Trump is part of the secret shadow group that runs the world or is an outsider to them. Week to week it changes as to whether he's in or out of the circle, depending on what's happening.

Pretty entertaining from the sidelines.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: mikell
Most things for the pipeline are bought and paid for years ago and yes I know that for a fact. A company in South Bend built the controls for it and they have been sitting in the old Studebaker warehouse waiting to be shipped. Now they are being prepped to be shipped at the end of the month.

trump should have known that then.

so why make the american steel promise

The administration has no legal authority to force any company to source it's pipeline steel domestically. The EO says "to the maximum extent possible and to the extent permitted by law." The EO is meaningless.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

so in other words he made a promise he really cant keep
got it

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Just remember "If you like your steel you can keep your steel"

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   

got it
The national treatment obligation is enshrined in Article III of GATT 1947 especially its fourth paragraph ("General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade", WTO, 1947 and 1994).

Trump's plan to require U.S. pipelines to be built with U.S. steel is clearly inconsistent with the national treatment obligation set out in Article III:4.

Have to let the lawyers sort it out.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan
"What are they supposed to do, dump all this steel and rebuy it when they already have an inventory?" The answer is no. Perhaps the President should stop lying about it. I agree with another poster, that I think he might be trying, but he lies about this type of stuff too much. He lied the other day about a twenty billion dollar Exxon program where he claimed he is bringing in thousands of jobs. That twenty billion deal was done years ago and parts are already completed and in place. Simply don't take credit for something you didn't have anything to do with. Stop lying. Simple DON'T say we are going to use American steel. That is a lie. No one is forcing him to say that. I can give you tons of examples of him lying about really important things, like for example, wiretapping his offices. Please. And even the Congress, that vile den of thieves, will not pursue an investigation involving voter fraud. They are keenly aware that three million people DID NOT VOTE illegally for Hillary. Pizzagate was a joke, and yet many believed it. Critical thinking my friends, not party loyalty, will go a long way to resolving America's problems. I won't hold my breath.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: PRSpinster

explain? because "non capisco" for this guy. I'm not assuming if that is what your implying.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee

got it
The national treatment obligation is enshrined in Article III of GATT 1947 especially its fourth paragraph ("General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade", WTO, 1947 and 1994).

Trump's plan to require U.S. pipelines to be built with U.S. steel is clearly inconsistent with the national treatment obligation set out in Article III:4.

Have to let the lawyers sort it out.

so lets make it simple
he made a promise he cant keep

its ok to say it

or if that is not the case we can say

he made a promise he is not sure he can keep cause he knows exactly # all about the law/rules/world/things

either way promises will not be kept

but its not his fault.
not his fault he made a promise recently. its the fault of a 1947 tariff.

edit on 7-3-2017 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   

got it

sounding alittle whiny there el capitan

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Yay!!! Yay for you, for pointing out yet another mistake.

This guy is proving hour by hour how inappropriately matched he is with this job.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ware2010

got it

not at all
i would just like to see these trump supporters just admit he makes promises he can not keep or at the very least may not be able to keep.

just would like to see it called as it is

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   

got it

Sounding alittle (sic) desperate there el loco(sic)
edit on 3/7/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

oh yea, he rambles on, an typically says things that shouldn't be said(because they are not plausible).. I support him because he is my President, but I'm also not naive enough to believe everything he says or thinks.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

desperate cause i would like to see trump supporters admit he has made promises he cant keep?
hows that

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   

i am always desperate.. but tends to be for things i shouldn't have ..... wink wink

link   

a reply to: TinySickTears

oh yea, he rambles on, an typically says things that shouldn't be said(because they are not plausible).. I support him because he is my President, but I'm also not naive enough to believe everything he says or thinks.

thank you for answering sort of.....
do you think he has made promises he can not keep?

thanks again

link   
a reply to: ware2010

I support him because he is my President, but I'm also not naive enough to believe everything he says or thinks.

Is that kinda like supporting the five-year-old pilot when you are riding in a plane that is likely to crash?

What would it take for you to realize he needs the boot?

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   

desperate cause i would like to see trump supporters admit he has made promises he cant keep?
hows that

oh, yeah.....please be aware, I want to see that too.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join