It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Keystone XL oil pipeline will not use American steel, despite Donald Trump’s pledge

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   
America first right? No, it's really business interests first.

The Keystone XL oil pipeline will not use American steel, seemingly contrary to a Donald Trump election pledge.

The White House has claimed this is due to the language used in a presidential directive, which applies to new pipelines or those under repair.

Sarah Huckabee Sanders, the White House spokeswoman, has said it would be difficult for US steel to be used on the Keystone pipeline as it is already under construction.

As recently as last week, Mr Trump had pledged that the Dakota Access pipeline and Keystone would not be built unless American steel was used.

www.independent.co.uk...

There won't be a wall right across the American border,

We won't see Trump's tax returns, despite him saying he'd do so at the beginning of his campaign,

There's no real plan to stop ISIS. It's been 30 days already. There never was a plan.

The list goes on. It will go on and on for the term of his presidency.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

he lied.
big shock huh?

here come the supporters to the defense

language used in the directive.....interesting

i agree with the other things you said as well

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   
The way I understand it, the pipe that is already in/on the ground is not US steel. All of the new pipe to be put in will be US steel. If this information is correct, should they spend more money to dig up the pipe and replace it with 'Merican pipes?
edit on 7-3-2017 by jtrenthacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   
trump can't even get a canadian company using eminent domain to force ranchers to allow their property to be used so they can get the oil to the koch refineries in the gulf of mexico to be sold overseas to buy american

because the deal was already done

so he's stupid or weak, take your pick

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   
2nd

edit on 7-3-2017 by syrinx high priest because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   

people act like its all Trump's fault for sh** not working out, the guy is definitely trying, all the hate is ridiculous, crying over the POTUS on ATS like you know everything going on in DC.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Sarah Huckabee Sanders, the White House spokeswoman, has said it would be difficult for US steel to be used on the Keystone pipeline as it is already under construction.

Should they dismantle everything already constructed and start over?

Makes sense. Definitely doesn't seem like a fishing expedition for things to whine about.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

The left will bitch about anything.

Go ahead and hire all illegals to run the equipment, then when they want to cry about it you can remind them their destroying families by taking paychecks away from their precious immigrants.
edit on 372017 by Natas0114 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: syrinx high priest
trump can't even get a canadian company using eminent domain to force ranchers to allow their property to be used so they can get the oil to the koch refineries in the gulf of mexico to be sold overseas to buy american

What are you talking about with regards to the eminent domain?
and btw, whats wrong with exporting refined petroleum products?
edit on 7-3-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Trump is smart.

He is nit-picking the opposition half to death.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   

But, but, but...hillary...

LOL

People starting to realize they got hoodwinked by the NWO and now know Trump is part of the regularly scheduled programe. I would laugh even harder if I didn't feel pity for all of you who fell for it.

MAGA

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee

originally posted by: syrinx high priest

What are you talking about with regards to the eminent domain?
and btw, whats wrong with exporting refined petroleum products?

According to the agreement the oil company has the power to claim eminent domain on anyone's land as long as it is going to be used by the pipeline.
They don't have a problem with exporting refined petroleum products they have a problem with Canadian trash sludge crude being pumped by the company with one of the worst spill records all the way across America to be refined.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Lol a whole 30 days in office?
He is doing quite a bit in light of all the obstructionist tactics being used against him. I havent got a complaint.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mikehawk

But, but, but...hillary...

LOL

People starting to realize they got hoodwinked by the NWO and now know Trump is part of the regularly scheduled programe. I would laugh even harder if I didn't feel pity for all of you who fell for it.

MAGA

Yup the Illusion of the left and the right and playing a long game of power and control is very effective on so many levels. The more people are divided along partisan lines the easier it is to push their buttons at the right time and get the desired outcome.
Hillary was probably plan A and Trump is plan B.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   

That's a ridiculous story to use as the foundation of a thread--it doesn't note when the company made the claim about the steel, how it affects new portions of the pipeline directly, etc.

There's not even really a coherent string of paragraphs, just tidbits of info put back-to-back and published on the web.

Do you have any other proof of this claim?

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

From what I understood, the steel for the XL was already bought and shipped. It's sitting in warehouses just awaiting transportation to construct the thing.

Trump made a bad promise here, but the people nitpicking it are even worse. What are they supposed to do, dump all this steel and rebuy it when they already have an inventory? I don't see where being wasteful does anyone any good.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ware2010

Assuming you know whose fault it is...It works the same way.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Much was ordered while obama was president.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   
So to recap, you're mad because the steel already ordered and being used before Trump isn't USA steel. Good to know.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Most things for the pipeline are bought and paid for years ago and yes I know that for a fact. A company in South Bend built the controls for it and they have been sitting in the old Studebaker warehouse waiting to be shipped. Now they are being prepped to be shipped at the end of the month.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join