It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

"Republicans slam their own party's Obamacare repeal plans"

page: 1
10
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Wherever you fall inside of our current political spectrum, we can all agree that individuals with health issues shouldn't be charged more and more as time marches forward. Republican party officials are voicing their concerns over the proposed replacement of the Affordable Care Act. I cannot think of a worse tragedy than to rob people with pre-existing conditions of the same coverage that you or I or anyone can receive.

Republican officials are moving forward with their plan to remove the protections the affordable care act gives everyone.
Sen . Rand Paul knows there isn't a good solution. He can simply sit back and predict what he knows will happen if we replace the affordable care act before we really get to see the data on how efficient it is, and what it will become. It's a great platform to run on for leading republicans, otherwise, he would have no opinion on the matter.

According to usatoday.com: "Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., has already made up his mind. "The House bill that's been put forward is 'Obamacare lite.' It won't work, premiums and prices will continue to spiral out of control," Paul said on Fox & Friends Tuesday morning."

www.usatoday.com...

Why should there be an affordable care act anyway? What do you care if a child with a heart condition dies because she is too poor for the same insurance a homeless person receives in Canada for nothing?




edit on 12/16/2012 by thekaliyuga because: spelling!

edit on 12/16/2012 by thekaliyuga because: spelling again...



+8 more 
posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: thekaliyuga

I am glad that at least one party questions and debates what it is planning to do. You don't see that with the Democrats they just 'pass it to see what is in it'.



posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: thekaliyuga

Why should there be an affordable care act anyway? What do you care if a child with a heart condition dies because she is too poor for the same insurance a homeless person receives in Canada for nothing?



Mississippi Medicaid




posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: thekaliyuga




According to usatoday.com: "Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., has already made up his mind. "The House bill that's been put forward is 'Obamacare lite.' It won't work, premiums and prices will continue to spiral out of control," Paul said on Fox & Friends Tuesday morning."


Business as usual for the Republicans. Favor the corporate oligarchy and let the consumers suffer the consequences.

The insurance companies are reaping the benefits from their political payouts in the form of much higher premiums and less coverage.

You wanted a businessman....
edit on 7-3-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   
It really is a terrible plan. It's pretty much the ACA with the addition of making sure the poor can never afford insurance. At least with the ACA we saw more people covered.



posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: thekaliyuga

I am glad that at least one party questions and debates what it is planning to do. You don't see that with the Democrats they just 'pass it to see what is in it'.


Bingo!

Better than hey here is a new and more expensive Healthcare plan! By the way we fired your doctor you have been with for your entire life. Oh and it's a little more expensive with insane deductibles. Sorry you couldn't review it before it was passed, but don't worry its required by law.



posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Think its about time to make a third party in the U.S. : As its hard to tell the difference of these two old dinosaurs anymore



posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
For it to even be remotely successful you need competition in the form of being able to purchase out of state insurance plans. This bill will never make it through Congress.



posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: allprowolfy
Think its about time to make a third party in the U.S. : As its hard to tell the difference of these two old dinosaurs anymore


There is, it's called the Libertarian party....how'd that work out?



posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   


Why should there be an affordable care act anyway? What do you care if a child with a heart condition dies because she is too poor for the same insurance a homeless person receives in Canada for nothing?


Well that's a load of snip.

Medicaid was created specifically for the poor, and FYI it's been expanded since the creation of the ACA.

Second off.

Under the EMTALA.



It requires hospital Emergency Departments that accept payments from Medicare to provide an appropriate medical screening examination (MSE) to individuals seeking treatment for a medical condition, regardless of citizenship, legal status, or ability to pay


en.wikipedia.org...



posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   
And.



According to usatoday.com: "Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., has already made up his mind. "The House bill that's been put forward is 'Obamacare lite.' It won't work, premiums and prices will continue to spiral out of control," Paul said on Fox & Friends Tuesday morning."


Paul is right since the US government is the largest single healthcare provider in the country having over 100 million people taken out of the private sector vis a vis medicare, and medicaid.

The government has the monopoly on it.



posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

And this bill is going to roll back the Medicaid expansion. At the same time it's going to make it pretty much impossible for people kicked off Medicaid to afford insurance.



posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: thekaliyuga

I am glad that at least one party questions and debates what it is planning to do. You don't see that with the Democrats they just 'pass it to see what is in it'.

Exactly.
I will feel a lot more comfortable with a bill that has been debated than one that was written, presented and railroaded through... courtesy of one party.



posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

For it to even be remotely successful you need competition in the form of being able to purchase out of state insurance plans. This bill will never make it through Congress.


underwriters price premiums on claims history and demographics. There already is lots of competition. Competition is squeezing the 15% of the premium that is overhead and profit. The other 85% is pure claims costs that carrier cometition has no impact on

you could make the case this could lead to carriers merging and laying people off, but it will have a very small impact on premiums at the end of the day



posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: syrinx high priest

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

For it to even be remotely successful you need competition in the form of being able to purchase out of state insurance plans. This bill will never make it through Congress.




underwriters price premiums on claims history and demographics. There already is lots of competition. increasing competition is squeezing the 15% of the premium that is overhead and profit. The other 85% is pure claims costs that carrier competition has no impact on

you could make the case this could lead to carriers merging and laying people off, but it will have a very small impact on premiums at the end of the day
edit on 7-3-2017 by syrinx high priest because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

The major insurance companies already compete across state lines. The only thing that such move would accomplish is normalise prices. So in the end it just screws over people from poorer areas while benefiting people from richer areas.



posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: neo96

And this bill is going to roll back the Medicaid expansion. At the same time it's going to make it pretty much impossible for people kicked off Medicaid to afford insurance.


How do you even know what is going to be the final version or are you just making things up? It sounds like they are still discussing the bill and there is dissent and sufficient introspection that may lead to a big improvement.

You automatically being negative when at least we get to see the process and ideas being discussed this time before we end up with a giant pile of gooey words like the ACA.



posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: syrinx high priest

Competition is getting the government the hell out of providing free corporate products to the masses.

Which is what healthcare is. A corporate product.



posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: syrinx high priest

I think part of the issue is the lack of provider networks. While I realize that health care is localized in cost having more provider networks creates more competition.



posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

See above.




top topics



 
10
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join