It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Song For Eli [YJA2017]

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: PrairieShepherd

Thanks for the journey!

I made it half way through yesterday but RL called me away. So started from the beginning. Nice...

Wondrous how the music of the spheres influence us, no? Lives lived and lost, the echoes of those minutes and breaths creating pleasant tones for the soul.

Well done sir!

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Thanks TEOT! I'm glad you enjoyed it. It was not easy to write, but I'm glad it came out. Yes, it is fascinating how "the music of the spheres" as you put it influence us.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   

This is one of the best I've read yet. The way you write conversation is very natural, it really was a pleasure to read. Although the main premise was dark overall, there was a strong, heart-warming essence to the story which you captured exceptionally well.

Thanks for sharing Prairie, S+F from me.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Pontificating on my interpretation of the deeper message of your story would be quite a conundrum, for sure.

As always, your writing keeps me captivated until the very end. Your Christmas story was my personal favorite with this one a very close second followed by the Shed story (which I follow along regularly!). The Shed Story (that's not it's proper name is it?) deserves a thread of it's very own or pages perhaps brought together by a cover and a spine. A life of it's own?

Anyway, I digress. This is another example of fantastic storytelling and I am enjoying catching up with all of the entries (boy there is a bunch, isn't there?).

Thanks again for the entertaining read! Good luck friend.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 05:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird

Pontificating on my interpretation of the deeper message of your story would be quite a conundrum, for sure.

*standing ovation*

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: jacygirl

originally posted by: TNMockingbird

*standing ovation*

Bahahaha!
Missed your reply, lost in stories.

Great place to be this morning, peering through sleepy eyes LOL
((hugs)) Love ya sista

edit on 11-3-2017 by TNMockingbird because: Gotta make coffee AND give the old eyes a break! STAT! My eyes...my eyes...

edit on 11-3-2017 by TNMockingbird because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   

That was a really good entry mate. Good luck to you!

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: heliopolis

Thanks, helio! I appreciate your kind words. Conversation is something I agonize over, actually! LOL People in real life have referred to me as talking like I'm reading out of an encyclopedia, so I get a little nervous about how I write people talking. It's reassuring to hear it called "natural" in this story.

a reply to: TNMockingbird

You read the whole shootin' match of the thread, didn't you, not just the story?
Jacy & I had a little fun with our banter. She won, of course.

I'm glad you enjoyed this story, Chirp. There are a few aspects of it that are pretty personal, to be honest, so it was not easy to write or post - but I'm glad it's been so well received.

RE: My Shed story - it doesn't have an official title. I have two working titles and have not chosen which one I prefer. The first is "Exile", and the second is "Falling". I'm leaning toward "Falling." I have in fact considered putting the story in its own thread. Or at least, putting the index to all the posts in its own thread. However, it feels to me like the Shedisans have the first claim on it, so to speak, so I'm a bit hesitant to break it out to its own thread.

a reply to: jacygirl
I know, right? I read that and laughed out loud too.

a reply to: Archonic
Thanks, Archonic! I'm glad you came over here to read it - like I mentioned in your thread, I think it's an interesting contrast to your story, which I found most enjoyable to read.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Okay. I'm weeping openly now.

Goodness you wrote that so beautifully!

I have often said it is not the length of ones life that matters nearly so much as the depth.

(I have a sick boy. Not this kind and there is hope but a long road to go...so this touched me deeply. Also, because of his issues we know many families struggling with life and death. This is just perfect.)

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Already flagged starred your post days ago, but i don't always like to state it in thread. I'm humble that way.

btw: Very good entry, it was well written!
edit on 12-3-2017 by Neith because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Neith

Thank you, Neith. I appreciate the kind words!

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   
OK, now that the deadline has passed, here's a shameless bump of my thread.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: PrairieShepherd
OK, now that the deadline has passed, here's a shameless bump of my thread.

The *bump* is so last week...now we're doing *the hustle*.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

LOL - nice. OK, then, shameless *hustle*?

That sounds, um, sort of con-artist-ish.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join