It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Soldier's Commendation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Many of you know that I have a brother fighting in Iraq. Thankfully his tour ends in a few days and he will be back home with his wife in Germany shortly.

Recently he got an award for courage and valor. During his 2 week R&R he called home to read it to us and my sister recorded it. Below is the mp3 file of him reading his award. I thought I would share a little good about a soldier who means so much to me.

The host I am using has a limit on the number of downloads, so I uploaded it to three different locations. If the first one doesn't work try the second. etc...

If none of them work let me know.

s25.yousendit.com...
s5.yousendit.com...
s5.yousendit.com...

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 06:37 AM
link   
It is always good to hear from family overseas. Specially when tour of duty is up and returning to assigned duty. Tell your brother thank you for what he had to do. I did not get a chance to hear the recording, but I do know what it means to see someone get these awards of service. I am a veteran myself during peace time action. The training of all service have tasks to perform as a whole to be effective in war. If your brother in the future has trouble of anykind that came out of the war, make sure you support him and find help with any Veteran organization. These people are veterans themselves and help other veterans. War not only scares the body, it also leaves mental scars as well. Many people laughed at the old timers after WWII going down to locate stores, shop, whatever to talk about war stories as people said. But in reality they were trying to heal with those who were through the same thing. It does not happen overnight, it takes time. Here I go again gabbing. Sorry. Good to hear something positive again, which in turn on this site is few. Just tell him the veterans are behind them and God speed to make it home safely. Thank you for sharing Deeprivergal. I also have family over there.

[edit on 1-2-2005 by PolarBearExpress]

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I got some feedback from some moderators about whether his information would be abused as he states his entire name in the audio. I will upload it again editing out his name. I will u2u you when I post the link.

Thanks for your kind words. I will relay them to my brother.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by deeprivergal
I got some feedback from some moderators about whether his information would be abused as he states his entire name in the audio. I will upload it again editing out his name. I will u2u you when I post the link.

Thanks for your kind words. I will relay them to my brother.

You bet deeprivergal........I will be waiting to hear it.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I don't have an edit option anymore so I'll just add a post here.

I have edited the audio to remove our last name. It sounds kinda funky as I'm not that great with audio editing software. For those that want to hear it, again I uploaded it 3 times so that if the first one expires try the second...etc...

If none of them work, let me know and I will upload it again.

s27.yousendit.com...
s27.yousendit.com...
s27.yousendit.com...

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Glad to hear your bro is getting our of the sandbox, tell him I said Hooah!

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Congrats to your Bro and his award. may he have a safe trip home

[edit on 2/1/05 by FredT]

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Thanks everyone, I will pass along your well wishes next time I talk to him. He has 2 days and a wake up then hes out of there

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 09:48 AM
link   
For those that have been keeping up with my brother in Iraq. He called yesterday from Germany!

He is home, he is safe.

join