It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just venting repressed joy

page: 1

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I just had good news, but for the moment it is supposed to be secret.
But I am so excited it is driving me crazy, I want to talk about it, and I thought, nobody in my real life reads ATS (or at least nobody knows who I am!)
So it's safe here.

I got offered a really good contract today. I went through schooling to get a specific degree (in International Commerce). At 49 years old, in France, it was a big decision. Because I am in competition with other french people, with no special allowances for my foreigner status (and possible weakness in written or spoken french). Then I was accepted to be an intern in a big company, for two months.

A week after I started, they found out someone is going to leave, and they hired an experienced person to replace her.
Then that person turned out to have some serious problems relating to others, and they called me in today to announce to me that they are going to let her go right away, and have decided to give me the position!

Human ressources had other candidates they wanted to offer, but they did an investigation on me, and interviewed "everyone" (not sure if that was to be heard literally, I doubt it), and were able to prove that I was super competant in all areas of the job and that furthermore, I had integrated the team perfectly. Not one negative criticism was to be found, they said. (if you know the french, this is REALLY amazing!).

So I got the job, and was even able to to negotiate less hours (four days a week) and GREAT pay!

But I need to keep it quiet until after Friday, because the other woman is going to be fired then and she is extremely exciteable- so we want to avoid big dramas in the office.

I feel bad because someone else lost- I would prefer a win-win situation. But I can't deny that I feel so grateful for the show of support and apprecation- it is AWESOME!!!

But don't tell anyone....shhhh...

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   
It wasn't the right position for her, that's all. Eventually she will agree and see it as the company giving her freedom to find the best fit for her.

You take your opportunity and ride that joyous feeling because you deserve it. They complimented you and chose you for a reason!

-Alee

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

Congratulations. It's refreshing seeing good things happen to good people. Your secret is safe with me.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   

congratulations! its a humble feeling knowing someone is full of joy and excitement.

edit on 3/7/2017 by ware2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Congratulations!!

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Hey! With all that's going on in the world, I am glad to see something going really right for someone for a change.

Have a quiet celebration. You deserve it.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I am absolutely delighted for you. Now shhhhhhh

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   

YAY!!

Glad to hear good news here on ATS!

Amazing that so many people who look good on paper wash out at the first sign of stress.

Doing the intern thing probably helped more than the interview!

The hard part is waiting until the end of the week! Glad you got the hours down too! As about Friday...

Squee!!!!

and

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Thanks!

I'm a rather sceptical Capricorn, and didn't really expect anything to come of the internship. This company is hard to get into. When I was in school, one of my teachers was interviewed for this position there, and she did not get it.

Surely, I'll be going through that beginning phase where you make mistakes for a while- I hate that part. But I know it passes and gets better. I'm just going to savor the excitement while it is here.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 02:41 AM
link   
See U2U

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 03:51 AM
link   

But I need to keep it quiet until after Friday, because the other woman is going to be fired then and she is extremely exciteable- so we want to avoid big dramas in the office.

Congratulations on the new opportunity Blues.

By the way, you didn't keep it quiet and I am that other woman...

If you do not send me a million billion Euros before 10:55 (5 minutes after this post) I will get all snotty and kick my kitten and send you the vets bill.

Warmest

Lags

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Good for you! I hope that everything works out.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe

Congratulations on the new opportunity Blues.

By the way, you didn't keep it quiet and I am that other woman...

If you do not send me a million billion Euros before 10:55 (5 minutes after this post) I will get all snotty and kick my kitten and send you the vets bill.

Warmest

Lags

That would really suck. I want to laugh, but I also don't.
Don't scare me that way.
Poor kitties...

new topics

top topics

join