It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump is Messing with Canada!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: GokuVsSuperman0

Well seems Trump has scared enough people and made things #ty enough that people are illegally pouring over the Canadian border. And now we have to deal with your immigrants and refugees. We have our own immigrants and refugees that we put through a system. Our country has a small population, we can't handle the volume and we're also not used to fiercely guarding our southern border. These people are asylum seekers and we can't necessarily turn them away. My point is Trump just indirectly caused a huge border problem for us that we did not see coming.
Link to canadian border problem:

There's numerous Canadian demagogue types in this site that come to mind, it seems in all the hot button immigration threads they come running in to tell us how we should be following the globalist WIDE OPEN borders model here in the US.

These people from here you claim are flowing over into Canada now, they're people of that kind of thinking.

So you might keep your eyes peeled for when they flame threads about our border issue, screaming how we NEED to keep our border open, and you scold them when they do. Buddy!

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: GokuVsSuperman0

Your's was an excellent rant. I thank you. We don't get to hear how other countries are being affected by US policies so much, as it is rarely reported in the news, and I think this information is being actively suppressed.

Thank goodness you can come here on ATS and actually inform us. I appreciate that.

I cross the Canadian/US border regularly, so this will probably end up directly affecting me and my closest relatives. Instead of pummeling the OP, why not try and understand things from their perspective? They are our closest neighbor and ally, after all.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: antoinemarionette
a reply to: MisterSpock

Why not take responsibility for the sh#tstorm Americans have created?

That would be so much more mature...

American's are not FORCING the canadian government to not enforce immigration laws. They are handling it how they choose too, and they are doing poorly.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   

a reply to: JoshuaCox
30% of Hispanics voted for Trump. He did better than Romney.

Still a 40 point net gain for dems

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   

a reply to: TheBulk
but we're taking your immigrants and refugees over the border.

You mean central america's / middle east's immigrants and refugees.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   

These people are crossing the border in thick snow and -30 temperatures. We can't just tell them to go back into the wilderness, we have laws and sh*t that we have to uphold. For the record I'm conservative, but I'm Canadian so big difference. I always wondered why American politics is filled with so much sensationalism and hyperbole. "sanctuary cities" "free handouts" phrases that don't mean anything other than they are trigger words for conservatives. Democrats have their own meaningless trigger words as well.

Also the problem is VERY much people showing up, because without that we wouldn't be having this conversation now would we. And the liberal government wouldn't have the opportunity to do everything you think liberals do to ruin the world. Lol

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: antoinemarionette

They are our closest neighbor and ally, after all.

Geographically perhaps but in every other way your closest ally is actually Australia, we are the only country who has been beside you in every pointless war youve fought and I think its only been once that we havent voted the same as you in the UN.

Canadas problems are due to Canada, did you see the vid posted at the bottom of the 1st page?
Trudeau actually said that all migrants are welcome and Cananda has actually changed its twitter page pic to a mountie hugging an illegal immigrant while they both smile.

You dont want Illegals in your country, I suggest you speak to Trudeau and whatever idiot proudly advertised Montreal as a sanctuary city where peoples residential status wont be checked prior to them getting handouts

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   

These people are crossing the border in thick snow and -30 temperatures. We can't just tell them to go back into the wilderness, we have laws and sh*t that we have to uphold. For the record I'm conservative, but I'm Canadian so big difference. I always wondered why American politics is filled with so much sensationalism and hyperbole. "sanctuary cities" "free handouts" phrases that don't mean anything other than they are trigger words for conservatives. Democrats have their own meaningless trigger words as well.

Also the problem is VERY much people showing up, because without that we wouldn't be having this conversation now would we. And the liberal government wouldn't have the opportunity to do everything you think liberals do to ruin the world. Lol

I'm pretty sure I never said turn them away, obviously you would help them and get them someplace safe. Then determine their identity and deport them.

Is that happening? Seems the problem is that canada doesn't want to get tough on immigration like the US is wanting too. If canada was just as tough on it, then they wouldn't be the safehaven for people fleeing the tightening restrictions of the US.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   

My wife has a lot of relatives in Canada and they have a reunion every year in the summer.
We go over the border at a small crossing here in Michigan with a 10-12 car ferry. We normally take 2 cars over with my wife driving 1 and me the other. Every year I have gone, I get hassled by the agents on your side about a ticket for driving on a suspended license that I got 25 years ago, I have had a clean driving record since then with not 1 ticket.
My license was suspended back then for not paying the fine for not wearing a seat belt...my stupidity but hey.
The last time I went, I got pissed about them asking about the suspended license again. I said I come over here once a year and you guys stop me for 30-45 minutes every year and ask about the same thing, what gives?...you don't have any record of me coming over here every year?
They told me to pull over and proceeded to tear apart my car with 2 drug sniffing dogs climbing all over it and when they were done tossing everything on the ground, they said "welcome to Canada...have a nice time" and went into the building.
That was 2 years ago and that will be the last time I go over there ever.
So with all due respect to our great neighbors to the north, too fu*king bad.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   

One of the things making it a crisis has been the winter weather. They've been coming across at the coldest point on the border and a couple of them have lost fingers from frostbite.
It's a crisis to the health of the "refugees" fleeing the states. Soon that whole area will flood like it does every year.

We aren't equipped to deal with that, but we're dealing. It's the health of the border crossers that some are more worried about.

I think there's been a task force set up to help.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   
One thing I find amusing as a Canadian is reading all of these articles lately about people not getting into the States or being given a hard time etc etc.

Like it's their god given right to be able to travel there.

The US is it's own country, with its own laws, and even though we share a lot in common with them we don't have the freedom to travel across the border with ease, like the member states of the EU. The wife and I were in Windsor a couple weeks ago, were thinking about going across the river to check out the downtown revival of Detroit but ended up not doing it, based on the PITA border cross.

People in the media seem to be playing politics with this issue. This is nothing new. Since 9/11 the border has been an uncomfortable place for most Canadians to deal with. I'm a white dude and was given a once over the last time I went south. So much so that I haven't been back.

The lady in this article will just have to find a spa in Canada to go to (im assuming its that article)

The color of her skin has less to do with this than she likes to think. She just hit a dick agent who didn't feel like letting her in. It happens.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stevenjames15

Watch out bro. The mentally ill Trump supporters are going to start crying about your post. Which is a great one BTW.

A gift for you.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

They told me to pull over and proceeded to tear apart my car with 2 drug sniffing dogs climbing all over it and when they were done tossing everything on the ground, they said "welcome to Canada...have a nice time" and went into the building.

It works both ways. I swear both our countries agents attend the same class on how to be a dick. It really is too bad it's this way.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: deuceawesome

It does keep us vacationing in our own country more, keeping our dollars here, or the Bahamas, Cuba, places that can use the tourism.

(post by GokuVsSuperman0 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit

One of the things making it a crisis has been the winter weather. They've been coming across at the coldest point on the border and a couple of them have lost fingers from frostbite.
It's a crisis to the health of the "refugees" fleeing the states. Soon that whole area will flood like it does every year.

We aren't equipped to deal with that, but we're dealing. It's the health of the border crossers that some are more worried about.

I think there's been a task force set up to help.

The terrible logistics of getting across the border illegally should be a deterrent. If they put their lives on the line that's up to them. They aren't escaping North Korea to get to freedom in China. They should stay where they are and apply through the proper channels that we have.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   

My point is Trump just indirectly caused a huge border problem for us that we did not see coming.
And us making wars in other countries prior to Trump are who's fault ? ...Canada is a vast wilderness for the most part .Time for little t to put on his big boy pants . More people coming to Canada is a Federal stragedy to maintain the population . 1.2 kids per family just wont work and the largest growing demographic is First Nations peoples ...Other then the refugees and immigrants and migrant workers Canada is dying...

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: deuceawesome

originally posted by: RazorV66

It works both ways. I swear both our countries agents attend the same class on how to be a dick. It really is too bad it's this way.

I completely agree with you on that.
My wife's relatives there always said they really don't like coming to the states either for the same reasons.
Didn't mean to sound like an a-hole but I just have a hard time being sympathetic to the OPs story with the experiences I have had.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit
a reply to: deuceawesome

It does keep us vacationing in our own country more, keeping our dollars here, or the Bahamas, Cuba, places that can use the tourism.

Agreed! The irony is overwhelming that it's much easier for us to travel to communist Cuba.

After the last bad experience at the border we have hit the all inclusives and don't tend on going back. That drive to Florida is long.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   

a reply to: IkNOwSTuff
I don't know why all of you think canada is some sort of immigrant and refugee haven for every single person on the planet and that all we do is give "free handouts". None of you morons tell us what these handouts are, only that they are free and that is wrong. Sanctuary cities didn't used to be a thing. It's my understanding that it only means cops don't enforce immigration, because they have better sh*t to do and they are already underfunded.

All of you trump supporters are sh*tting on our immigration policies. We have a merit based system that Trump has praised and wants to emulate. He said so like a week ago, but fck facts right lol

My apologies

It must have been CNN reporting more fake news that Trudeau announced to the world that all refugees are welcome and Montreal announcing itself as a sanctuary city where refugees regardless of their status will be given access to any and all social services they require.

Im not American Im Aussie and Trump also applauded our immigration policy, if Im not mistaken our countries have a very similar approach to legal immigration.

Difference between us now is that we automatically deport Illegals and people know that even if they get here illegally they will have ZERO chance of staying or getting any form of government assistance.
Its worked wonders, I suggest instead of blaming Trump for people crossing the border you look at why your Gov have encouraged this to happen by making the announcements it did

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join