It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The youth of our modern day

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 07:19 AM
link   
The medium our youth learns from today, are not books neither school and games that are story driven are fast going out of time, the movies and tv-shows arent that appealing since they arent asking the questions nor giving any answer to;" Who am i? "

The mediums i was raised with, as an art form of expression, are only understandable to us who were born before the "Age of the internet".
The youth of today are lost in the wast amount of information that isnt regulated, nor morally correct.

Most of the Internet embraces a thing of, greed, hate, intolerance, racism, without a moral compass, those people who thrive on pure selfish needs will have a platform to exploit anyone without laws and regulations, nothing becomes bound to modern virtues.

The suicide rate of the youth is at an explosive rate, no meaning and no purpose, no mentors that understands them, the toxic influence of media and fearmongering.. Children who are so afraid that they choose death over living.,

The biggest platform of today in our youth is Youtube, maybe that is where our stories should venture of simple virtues, meaning and purpose..

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

The conforming pressure from the state has reached fruition. Short attention spans, shallow feelings, unquestioning, uncommitted, all programmed into people for generations thru TV.

By the time you're twenty or so you've seen thousands of murders or other criminal acts on TV, been dumbed down by what they call education in schools, been margainlized by society, the lack go gainful employment, the scourge of drugs and alcohol.

I don't blame them for shutting down and refusing to participate.

That could backfire on the overlords...

Maybe the reason they aren't paying attention is they know the state has nothing to offer. Maybe the reason they don't seem to learn is they feel system has nothing to teach them. Maybe they realize that all of us older generations have been seduced away from our reason and aren't to be trusted, because we let this woeful state of affairs come to be on our watch.

Now all they have to do is become hungry enough to pour into the street, unify and revolt. They already have the means of mass communication at hand, in their hands.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   
When I was a youth there was always some old coot grumbling bollocks like "get your hair cut" etc. Our generation turned out OK maybe we lost a few but I daresay that that these kids will turn out OK too.

Sadly will they have jobs? will the be happy? It seems that " the haves" and "the have not" gap is widening and unemployment is increasing. the gig economy is also increasing.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   

The biggest platform of today in our youth is Youtube, maybe that is where our stories should venture of simple virtues, meaning and purpose..

I would very much like to see your youtube videos showing us the way, the light of your meaning and purpose.

Have a link?
edit on 7-3-2017 by olaru12 because: Carla...ty

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   

The mediums i was raised with, as an art form of expression, are only understandable to us who were born before the "Age of the internet". The youth of today are lost in the wast amount of information that isnt regulated, nor morally correct.

A few points...

- Regulated information? What exactly are you proposing with this? Sounds to me like Stasi East Germany

- Morally correct? Based off of WHO'S morals?

As a parent, I thoroughly regulate my children's internet usage. And, I sit down and discuss information that we see on the news with her. Good, and bad.

What I believe I am reading in your words, is that you feel "someone should make a law" to protect the children. This is not the government's role, it is the role of the parents.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I don't think this is true of all of our youth. I think there are some of us out there who are still raising decent humans. I'd like to think my child is one of those.

Don't get me wrong, he loves watching funny videos on youtube and he loves his video games. But he is also very inquisitive and has a pretty deep mind for a twelve-year-old.

Yesterday evening after school, he was on a roll about "The Truth." He went on and on about it and then, he came into the living room and informed me that he needed to borrow some books from me. Then he cleaned out my entire shelf of religious books. Everything from the The Bible, the Kolbrin texts, the Koran, my copy of the Apocrypha and even one of my Wiccan grimoires...he took them all.

When I asked him what he was doing with all of those books, he said he was going to read all of those books until he finds The Truth.

Not all kids are bozos.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: FHomerK

Every Word has roots in something they were intended for, human nature will corrupt it to fit their own needs..

There is a quote from Africa; " It takes a village to raise a kid " If a parent thinks he/she can raise a proper human all alone, well give it a go, but when society demands simple things by a person raised in a mirror reflection of its parent, and the child fails, don't blame the society and ,don't blame the youth, a child will despite your noble thinking, use everything from the age of twelve to fit a simple need and that is sex.

Now you regulate it, with words of wisdom.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Its the content, Youtube started promoting positive content for the bigger YT channels with loads of subscribers, some change to fit the paradigm, and some wont adapt to fit the narrative of being a role model.

Pewdiepie is unfortunately one of those, who, arent adjusting that well, and being the biggest youtuber he should think about quality before quantity. He got Kicked out of Disney and got show cancellations due to a irresponsible video that promoted
;" Kill all Jews " in a Cartman way.

Todays youth has an interest span of 5 seconds> 30 seconds> 180 seconds to fill a narrative of " What is important in life ".
Todays adults wants a story or a tv-serie that fits the profile of when they were youngsters, repetition of moral enforced behavior.

Twitch enforced a censorship on people who uses simple means for selfish reasons..

If i want to tell a story within three minutes for a younger generation, cut out the dialogue, promote the nine valiants in a silent movie.
Make it an art form of expression.

I know it sounds strange, but we are to used to someone filling our pre- programmed narrative, we already know the dialogue in the movies we see, we already know the ending of show before it begins. Why not instead make it into what is important in our society?

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   

If i want to tell a story within three minutes for a younger generation, cut out the dialogue, promote the nine valiants in a silent movie. Make it an art form of expression.

I'd watch that. Did I show you my film that fits that description?

Why not instead make it into what is important in our society?

That's subjective, don't you think. Make what you want and everyone else can go to hell. I live by that motto. Everyone can kiss my aesthetic for all I care.

I use this....

www.celtx.com...
edit on 7-3-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Did I show you my film that fits that description?

The old man and the cow?

hat's subjective, don't you think. Make what you want and everyone else can go to hell. I live by that motto. Everyone can kiss my aesthetic for all I care.

I believe when you are gifted with something, you have the find the message of humanity within your field of expertise.
For some one of the worst things i learned was the monomyth, for others it was the opposite, It was the final key.

You either captivate with stories, or entrap, its the intention in the story that in the end matters.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   

The old man and the cow?

No this one....I didn't write it ....camera

What did you think? Critiques welcome.
edit on 7-3-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I believe that the best story told is that of a gypsytale of freedom no country nor borders to hold...
You can tell this story in different formats of modern tales

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   

It was confusing, i believe telling a story in a silent way like a pictogram, or cave paintings.. The It doesnt matter which age and paradigm you are in, the message is the same..

I saw a scene once, of an elderly man, alone in bed with a photo of his wife next to him on the cupboard, he kissed it and went to bed.. Scene was no more than 5 seconds, but told a lifetime of stories.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Sorry, I'm passing on the kool-aid. But hey, enjoy yourself

new topics

top topics

join