It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why The Sudden Influx Of Fake UFO Pics and Videos on ATS?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Oh yeah!

I'm not saying everything out there is fake, most is though, and thanx to all of these fakers and frauds it makes it more difficult when authentic images and videos comes out to believe in it.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622
a reply to: Raggedyman

I second that.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Im putting it down to the moderator Bonez not being around so much because if he was there wouldnt be any fake video's on here.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

To complain about the "fake" images gives credibility to the possibility that there are genuine UFOs (be they alien or domestic)

Yep. Especially after Roswell. The whole country was shaken to its core when sightings started occurring a few years later and even were captured on film.

in Montana in 1950, Utah in '52 and the nation's capital (called the washington "flap").

Like they came back looking for their ship and crew that got shot down in New Mexico and even buzzed the capital..

(imo)

Heres some footage on YouTube. I can attest that the footage you are about to see has been 'whited out' in certain places as to obscure the images of the objects. This is not the footage I remember from decades ago, when I was seeing it on TV. It has been altered to make it almost impossible to see the objects, at all. The footage of the group of objects "flying in a circular pattern" was quite distinguishable, thats what made it so weird back when... some of these objects are flying rings around other objects in the field of view, as the whole group moves together in the same direction. I can no longer make that out. Thank you you assholes, and thanks also for letting us know how real this was, by default of you meddling with it.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   
For there being nothing to UFO's
disinformation agents with hats of white black and grey
sure spend a lot of time dumping mud in the
water. And they want you to throw the
baby out with the bath water. Like Third phase
videos, yes lots of worthless crap, however...
look for a caller/rancher named Jack,about a year ago,
he's the baby amongst dirty bath water
and must live next to an SAIC research
facility or something. Incredible stories and videos.
When some people are presented w strange
phenomena and dont know the best outlet's to share it with
they will go to the biggest site they can find..
That's all I'm going to say.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Yea, real problem is that Newbies don't know that despite ATS intentionally appearing to be a place dedicated to Ufology and paranormal, as well as conspiracy theories and the like, the truth of the matter is that there's a core of "Threadkiller" ATS members dedicated to debunking anything having to do with the UFO phenomenon. So for example, ANY video is debunked as CGI; any photograph is bunk or staged; and any first hand account is the result of drinking and/or drugging.

The result of this of course is that quickly the Newbies realize that this isn't the place to discuss Ufology. And I guess that's o.k. I guess that's part of the "deny ignorance" theme here and "they" (whoever they are) have decided that the topic of UFO's is "ignorance".

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder

A lot of it comes from Secure Team 10 and to be honest I didn't know they were hoaxers until I started reading here. Even the drudge report is linking to articles sourcing Secure Team 10 these days.

That link from Drudge goes to the UK Mirror

Tyler Glockner, who runs conspiracy site Secure Team 10, said: "We definitely see some anomalous objects, we have this very long cigar-shaped UFO. It's unidentified, we don't know what it is.

Every time my boyfriend tries to que one of those up on his youtube app thinking its something i'll be interested in, I consider the intent and the thought process he went through and while I appreciate it, I start screaming NOOOOOOOO and running to touch the power sensor.

-Alee

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
If you're contemplating posting material from these websites or YouTube channels, please be aware that there is a good chance it's FAKE.

Looks legit to me!

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   
A better question might be why fake ufo videos continue to appear at all considering the kind of response that is generally given to channels like secure team 10 and ufology. Money may be a factor, but at this point you have to wonder how profitable it can really be when compared to other ventures in the special effects industry?

Another valid question is why so many ufo videos appear if the entire thing is fake, or at least, misdirected? People like to legitimize themselves by claiming everyone else is too dumb to figure it out, yet in doing so they open themselves to the obvious trap of being fooled not by cgi but by their own prejudices against the very subject they claim interest in. In the same way that hard core comic book fans tend to hate comic book movies, hard core theorists hate conspiracy theories that don't tell them the story they want to be told. It's a subtle and insidious bias used routinely against the very people who would be most likely to believe initial reports of an alien event.

Basically, secure team 10s whole purpose is to poison the jury pool for any case made for the existence of ufos. If you don't believe it, no else will and they are counting on that the way any cHess player counts on their pawns to provide distractions.
edit on 7-3-2017 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I don't see that your wordy response has anything to do with what I was laying out in plain sight.

I was talking about SOCIAL ENGINEERING of the public mind.

It seems common on ATS that so many fail to understand the gravity of the situation around the UFOs and the implications of our entire existence and want to minimize it in any fashion that they can muster while avoid all aspects of the issue. End.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: lemonyfr3sh

lemonyfr3sh,

Please abandon that line of thinking! If you have questions, ideas, or even come across stories that you would like checked out and expounded on, then this is THE place to make that happen, THE membership to do it. Its simply the best of its kind anywhere in the internet, so go ahead.

Even if the incident, theory or idea you have had has been hashed out before, that does not mean that the issue could not use a revisit. Furthermore, it is possible that you have thoughts which have not been thought before on these topics. We all came here with different understandings of the world around us, different levels of scientific awareness, different attitudes toward the topics at hand, and we all, at one time or another, had to show the gaps in our knowledge base, if only to make it possible for others to fill them.

Do not be shy or afraid to do so, do not think that you would be wasting anyone's time either. Part of being a member here is being willing to share information and time with people. I know of very few people here who would be unwilling to spend some of their time filling you in, or discussing the topics of the day, if you get into waters you cannot yet swim.

I guess boiled down, what I am trying to say is that on this website, we are all either teaching or learning, sometimes both at once. In that respect, we are all in the same boat! Now... paddle faster, I hear banjos!

Bloody hell, well said mate!!

I fully agree.

As for the UFO fakeries, its been like that on Ats for a long time. Thankfully we have many astute members that can pick a part the b.s.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I have noticed a substantial increase in fake ufo videos in the uk online press in the last few months. It's almost like it's fair game fake news that generates cash for both sides and no one gets hurt.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: richdoe
a reply to: intrptr

I have noticed a substantial increase in fake ufo videos in the uk online press in the last few months. It's almost like it's fair game fake news that generates cash for both sides and no one gets hurt.

Kind of like here?

(quietly backs away)

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: UnderKingsPeak

When some people are presented w strange
phenomena and dont know the best outlet's to share it with
they will go to the biggest site they can find..
That's all I'm going to say.

Ewww, a mystery caller.

'All Im going to say' is I saw something a long time ago, can recall it vividly, explain exactly all the strangeness about it. Nobody has shown any interest in my tale.

I suppose I could call muffin, take them to the spot, describe conditions and events like it was yesterday. Maybe someone else that was there that night already did. Who knows. I never read their story anywhere, either.

Back then you didn't retell such things unless you like being called crazy.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 01:41 AM
link   
As someone also new to ATS, I haven't a clue who the fake sites are. Even googling, you're met with so much contradictory info. Some 'fake' lists insist that site A is definitely filled with hoaxes, but site B is legitimate, then yet another webpage will say something completely different.

I'm left with my head spinning and with no desire to be shredded for being 'gullible' or a shill for a fake site. On many levels, it's completely overwhelming to me. How does someone 'new' to the ufology fold get up to speed with people who have been at it for so many years without dipping down, posting something that may very well be fake, and asking questions about what they posted?

Many of us are not CGI experts, we have zero knowledge of aircraft or the military, and have not read even a fraction of the thousands of UFO books out there. Being totally honest... posting here is kind of scary in a way.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 03:07 AM
link   

So it was like a lot of real ones before? Ah, I see you are new around here, you should scroll and read all the threads before posting fake warnings about posting.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

I understand that you were talking about social engineering. I just happen to think that the desire for more and better, more accurate input, is near ubiquitous, and has been for longer than mankind has been considering the potential for other life in the universe, than our own, since before we even started looking upward, rather than keeping our eyes peeled for things to hunt and gather on the ground.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   

I say people who like to prank others and/or disinformation people.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join