It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why The Sudden Influx Of Fake UFO Pics and Videos on ATS?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Is it just me, or has there been an increase in the number of fake UFO pictures, videos and stories posted on ATS in the last several months? It just seems that a lot of the stuff being posted here on this forum are OBVIOUSLY fake. Many of the posters seem to be newbies to ATS and are either very gullible or LAZY, since they refuse to do any sort of research in determining the legitimacy of their material. I recently read an article that maybe some of you should bookmark for future reference. It discusses and lists known UFO hoaxsters, that are either on the web, or who post FAKE CGI BULLSH$T on YouTube for clickbait. If you're contemplating posting material from these websites or YouTube channels, please be aware that there is a good chance it's FAKE. It would be better to discuss someone's actual UFO sighting, abduction, theory or photo, instead of posting this phony BS. If you're unsure about something being legit, why not spend some time Googling it to see what comes up first?

The volume of fraud in the field of UFOlogy is staggering, primarily from those attempting to profit by exploiting interest in UFOs. This list is provided to help you avoid supporting hoaxers and profiteers.

ufotheater.com...

OK, my rant is finished. I hope no one is offended, but I REALLY thought this should be addressed, because it really does hurt the credibility of ufology.
edit on 3/7/2017 by shawmanfromny because: spelling

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

A lot of it comes from Secure Team 10 and to be honest I didn't know they were hoaxers until I started reading here. Even the drudge report is linking to articles sourcing Secure Team 10 these days.

That link from Drudge goes to the UK Mirror

Tyler Glockner, who runs conspiracy site Secure Team 10, said: "We definitely see some anomalous objects, we have this very long cigar-shaped UFO. It's unidentified, we don't know what it is.

edit on 7-3-2017 by FauxMulder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Um. It has been fake ufo pictures/videos for decades.

Where have you been?

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

DID you mean like the problem that occurs near the schwarzschild radius of a convex mirror in physics?

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 07:19 AM
link   

I think that, oddly enough, this may have something to do with the influx of new members which occurred during the election and subsequent change of administration in the United States.

Such members who were not simply shilling one way or another, and are now done with the site, will now be seeking to discuss more than just the political situations which are arising from the Trump Presidency, and will no doubt be branching into the UFO and Aliens section, along with other forums. Unlike those of us who have been around the block a few times, they will not necessarily know which names to look out for, which sites are well known hoax sites, which authors or pseudonyms are toxic. This is understandable, but it does mean that for those of us who are old hands around the boards, there are going to be some instances where we look at a post and think to ourselves "Dang, I thought we had already covered this nonsense/author/source."

Although it may be frustrating in some respects, it is good to know that interest in these matters continues to grasp the attention of the less experienced out there, and looking back into the mists of time, when I first joined, it was the understanding and patience with which I was first met, when looking into these matters, which was one of the key facets of the membership which lead me to join and stay a member as long as I have.

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Give me a fake UFO thread over a political thread any day .

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I'd prefer a thousand wasted threads on poor ufo stories to the political cesspool ats has become

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
Is it just me, or has there been an increase in the number of fake UFO pictures, videos and stories posted on ATS in the last several months? It just seems that a lot of the stuff being posted here on this forum are OBVIOUSLY fake. Many of the posters seem to be newbies to ATS and are either very gullible or LAZY, since they refuse to do any sort of research in determining the legitimacy of their material. I recently read an article that maybe some of you should bookmark for future reference. It discusses and lists known UFO hoaxsters, that are either on the web, or who post FAKE CGI BULLSH$T on YouTube for clickbait. If you're contemplating posting material from these websites or YouTube channels, please be aware that there is a good chance it's FAKE. It would be better to discuss someone's actual UFO sighting, abduction, theory or photo, instead of posting this phony BS. If you're unsure about something being legit, why not spend some time Googling it to see what comes up first?

Yes!

A good start : Denounce and expose all the hoax channels on Youtube

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Fake is the new Real.... you know like sick is good... confuses the old folk. Oh how i yearn for simpler times.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

As a new member, I appreciate this sentiment.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   
But also as a new member I'm pretty much terrified of posting anything because I figure if it's anything of merit, it's probably already been hashed out before.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   

OK, my rant is finished. I hope no one is offended, but I REALLY thought this should be addressed, because it really does hurt the credibility of ufology.

What credibility? It has been purposefully shattered on purpose.

Like the fad of searching for fake Pokemans, do people still do that? What a useless exercise, a flash in the pan waste of time.

The tons of fake and hoaxed UFO videos keep on coming though, imo to bury the good stuff. Like 911, trying to find the gems is ever more difficult. Burying needles under stacks of needles.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

A lot of it comes from Secure Team 10 and to be honest I didn't know they were hoaxers until I started reading here. Even the drudge report is linking to articles sourcing Secure Team 10 these days.

The fake stream news, borrowing form hoaxed reports... imagine that.

Is Third Phase of the Moon still around? They play games too. But I imagine once a site is exposed they just start a new one and carry on providing BS for everyone to be disenchanted by, effectively destroying further interest on main street.

Hear about that new UFO report?

Yah, that stuff is all faked...

(What new UFO report?)

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: lemonyfr3sh

lemonyfr3sh,

Please abandon that line of thinking! If you have questions, ideas, or even come across stories that you would like checked out and expounded on, then this is THE place to make that happen, THE membership to do it. Its simply the best of its kind anywhere in the internet, so go ahead.

Even if the incident, theory or idea you have had has been hashed out before, that does not mean that the issue could not use a revisit. Furthermore, it is possible that you have thoughts which have not been thought before on these topics. We all came here with different understandings of the world around us, different levels of scientific awareness, different attitudes toward the topics at hand, and we all, at one time or another, had to show the gaps in our knowledge base, if only to make it possible for others to fill them.

Do not be shy or afraid to do so, do not think that you would be wasting anyone's time either. Part of being a member here is being willing to share information and time with people. I know of very few people here who would be unwilling to spend some of their time filling you in, or discussing the topics of the day, if you get into waters you cannot yet swim.

I guess boiled down, what I am trying to say is that on this website, we are all either teaching or learning, sometimes both at once. In that respect, we are all in the same boat! Now... paddle faster, I hear banjos!

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

From a standpoint of the art of "social engineering" the fake UFOs reports have a part to play in the whole affair of the search and acceptance of alien life forms (and not necessarily the discovery of intelligent life form).

To complain about the "fake" images gives credibility to the possibility that there are genuine UFOs (be they alien or domestic). The sought goal is a citizenry that can easily accept once virtually forbidden discussions of intelligent alien life. So the existence, growth and frank knowledge of the fake materials carries the germ of the concept deeper into the human psyche with little harm done in the process. It is a win-win for those that run the programs to train the citizenry along the chosen path. Sure, it is slow. But that brings less shock to the larger masses when the first scientific report is issued by NASA, the ESA or any country that there definitely is life out there.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   
The Wraith... in al alternate timeline one escaped. I swear I saw him at the pub last night. Oo

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Aliensun,

No rational person would discount out of hand any possibility. But rational people will not accept without evidence, the fact of a thing. So naturally, a person of sound mind would be upset by faked video and photographic evidence, specifically because reasoning people like new data. If there is new data, new information, real information, then people want to have it. That has been the case for much longer than there have been clandestine services in government. The first person to discover that they could create fire, the person two whom they taught that capacity, and every person who learned how to make that happen since, had near enough the same reaction to it.

The reason for this is that knowledge being input into a reasoning mind is no different than food being put into a belly, or fuel placed inside a car. Input creates output, and keeps the machine which accepts that input, creates that output, running efficiently.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Hmm arent all videos and pictures posted on ATS with regards to aliens, ufos and even bigfoot - fake.
Probably people who just want to start a popular thread, that's all.

People love to debunk, solve and add opinions on everything, even me.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: BigEyes

Well, the Phoenix Lights event was captured on film, both stills and videotape from what I recall of it. That footage was real, it was captured with the videographers and photographers involved, under the impression that they were seeing something worth recording, something really strange.

That is very different to a situation where someone is deliberately creating a false image, or a video by manipulation of the image, by controlling the content of the image with props or lighting effects, or by other means which are deliberately intended to show, or suggest the presence of something which is not there.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Just wanted to know what the UFO on tha pic is, thought it might be a restaurant or similiar. But the reality is even better:

"Moonbeam
Old-time residents relate the name Moonbeam to pioneers in the area that often saw flashing lights in the skies and what they once called moonbeams falling down near the creeks and lakes surrounding the village. Residents describe the UFOs as flattened domed disks, 15 to 20 feet in diameter, appearing with a roaring noise and coloured from red to orange. For this reason, Moonbeam chose a UFO as their village symbol. The UFO measuring 18 feet in diameter and 9 feet high was built in the early 1900s. Today, Moonbeam has a population of around 1300 residents which during the summer triples because of Remi Lake. Moonbeam is well known for its outdoors adventure and tourist activities."

Link

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join