It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are "ghosts" white and not Black, Yellow, Pink or of any other ethnic colour or origin etc...?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 02:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: gunshooter

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite

originally posted by: destination now
One famous case is the Myrtle Plantation ghost, I believe she is black

So now we have racist paranormal (does not exist for me) observers. So why don's people vision yellow and full on negro, short and tall, dog and cat.

Slow down there mr. snowflake SJW, nobody is being racist here, so quit trying to turn this into something it is not. She was just pointing out observations in a photo. What the hell is the point of your post in the first place. Seems to me you are trying to be an agent provocateur on this thread, and derail it. If you have no choice but to play like a whinny SJW, go somewhere else and play, there is no room for your kind on this thread with that BS, cupcake.

I'm a he... hehehehe

Warmest

lags

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: noonebutme
You guys are being very exclusive and discriminatory.

What about LGBT ghosts?? And Cis ghosts?

Oh, and Furries and Otherkin ghosts.

Which other group of ghosts needs to be included to ensure ghosts are 'pc' ?

Oi, GLM....Ghost lives matter.

Anyway, I always thought ghost were kinda see-thru. What i mean is, what colour is Clingfilm.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 03:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

originally posted by: noonebutme
You guys are being very exclusive and discriminatory.

What about LGBT ghosts?? And Cis ghosts?

Oh, and Furries and Otherkin ghosts.

Which other group of ghosts needs to be included to ensure ghosts are 'pc' ?

Oi, GLM....Ghost lives matter.

Anyway, I always thought ghost were kinda see-thru. What i mean is, what colour is Clingfilm.

You can actually get Black Clingfilm : www.amazon.co.uk...

Just saying

Warmest

Lags

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 03:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep
Here we go....Even ghosts are becoming about race. Lol, when will the insanity end.

This is the paranormal forum and an honest question was asked in this forum... If you don't like it stay within your safe space in the political forums (judging by the amount of your political threads after reading your profile).

No-one invited you here and you didn't really need to respond unless you were looking for an intellectual erection pal.

Have a good day

Warmest

Lags

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 05:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

I think gunshooter was replying to the poster who quoted my pic of the myrtle plantation ghost and called me a racist..I think they called me a racist anyway..couldn't really understand their post..it didn't make a lot of sense.

BTW I totally understand your reasoning behind this OP, but the thread has been de-railed into some sort of race bait thing..no idea why, it seemed like a simple enough question to me, and to answer it, yes, I have come across many different alleged ghost pics of most nationalities and races, they're not all Caucasian as far as I can see.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Why do ghosts wear clothes? You need to understand what ghosts are. There are two cases to consider:
1. spirits who are earth-bound, trapped between this universe and the next world. They project an energy into this universe that includes information about their appearance at the time of death. This information is translated into a visual form that sensitive people detect. So they are seen wearing clothes because these are part of their self-image, which, being earth-bound, they have not yet managed to discard because they are too psychologically attached to this world. You need to understand that what you see psychically is the product of what this type of ghost projects unconsciously into the mind of the observer. When the soul departs from the body at death, it temporarily retains certain subtle energies that embed information about its body. This is the "zelim," or self-image. It is what connects the physical body and the immaterial psyche, or soul. Normally, these energies would soon (within three days) get discarded as part of the natural processes accompanying the transfer of consciousness to the new body inhabited in the afterlife. But the earth-bound soul retains this energy (indeed, he cannot rid himself of it, for it is what traps him), and it is this energy, containing memories of the physical body and its clothing at the time of death, which creates a visual image of what the person looked like when it gets picked up by those sensitive enough to respond to it. That image - transferred to the mind of the observer from the mind of the ghost - will include what the ghost was wearing when it died, although, sometimes, it may be what the dead person would often wear during his life.
2. images seen of people behaving as they did during their lives. What is being observed is not a real, disembodied spirit but a film record, somehow preserved in the environment and constantly being replayed, of events involving people who lived in the past. Sometimes, it is of violent deaths, such as suicide or murder. Othertimes, it can be of things that were done habitually. This applies to cases where what is mistaken as a ghost is always seen doing the same thing in the same locality. It is not surprising, therefore, in such instances that they should be seen wearing clothes. However, those clothes are not what the ghost wore at the time of death. Instead, they are what it wore during its life, moments of which sometimes get glimpsed years later by some one visiting the locality where the ghost lived.
Ghosts wear clothes, therefore, either because they have not passed into their spirit bodies but, being earth-bound, retain certain energies containing memories of their physical appearance that get picked up by sensitive people, or because the ghostly image is not that of a dead person but of a scene from the past when the person was alive.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Lol @ Lag! I see you were serious about going off on this tangent!
There have been some decent answers amongst all the clutter. Wasn't a waste so that's good news.
I had forgotten about that Myrtle ghost. Thanks for bringing that too the table "destination now." GhostHunters had covered that at one point. I know Rick (the muscle guy) personally. He was my roto router guy before they started the show up in Rhode Island. I know if he had it his way, he wouldn't of let the "funny stuff" slip through on the show. It really goes against his integrity on a subject he is very serious about. Sadly that's TV though and got to have the ratings.

It would make sense really that ghost come from all walks of life. Common sense actually. Might actually make that picture more plausible except after I looked at it closer I do beleive I saw the photo insert lines. They were blended pretty good, but the line is there.

I thought it first he might have been a civil war soldier. Seems like he had a type of uniform on. Was really more like tie and jacket.

I am glad you brought it up though Lag, as it oddly enough showed some folks "true colors!"

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Hey #blackghostsmatter. 😂😂

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Funny thing, is whites should be consider the most "Colourful".

Pink/red when they are living or red when they are burned, brown when tanned, green/yellow when they are sick, and purple/blue when suffocating.

Maybe the idea of ghost being white is when a dead body has no blood pumping through and becomes pale, and probably applies to all the other races as well. I was a security guard for the hospital, and part of the job was to go into the morgue and open up body bags, looking for a specific body for the funeral director to pick and be ready for a funeral, and help lift them and secure them to a stretcher. Most of the body did have a lighter tint to them, but that could because of the freezer.

Not only that, maybe some people should look up a mysterious substance that said to leave the body after death. Supposedly it more apparent and dramatic depending for people who have led a spiritual life or have cultivated something along their life line. Maybe it chi, kundalini, or ectoplasm.

I bet the substance Milky in colour, much like that of Semen, the White Demon, which is probably why ghost are said to be white. In Japan, I think the colour of white is more synonymous with death then black.

edit on 8-3-2017 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-3-2017 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   
What you talking about Willis?!?!?

Ghosts are all kinds of colors...

Forgotten these famous little guys have you?

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Well this should be obvious. Only white people have souls.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe
I once had my own private ghost. I called her Natallie Wood, because that was how she first revealed herself. But after a month or so she showed me what I believe was her true look, and she looked Mexican/Latin.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   
and why they all speak English is also baffling.
seems our UFO friends for the most part are only interested in abducting the white folks too.

i once heard if a race of aliens came to earth they would think the afro American blacks we're the supreme race........until they heard them speak. (joke) but it's a good one. i'm still s'n-word'ing at it.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: peskyhumans
Well this should be obvious. Only white people have souls.

This is the answer OP was looking for...

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I don't get this thread. I always thought that each country on Earth has their own ghost sightings of which the ghosts will be of the colour/ethnicity of the majority in each country?

I love Japanese stuff [see my avatar] and there are quite a few Asian ghosts out there. If you take the whole of SE Asia, there are probably more than caucasian ghosts.
I can also imagine that in Africa, most ghosts seen by black people are black. Apart from when white people see them in South Africa. Again, ghost ethnicity = population ethnicity.

I don't want to be nasty [I really don't] but could it be that OP is American?
I noticed that Americans often think that they are the center of the world and only go by what they see and hear in America [where indeed a great deal of ghosts are caucasian] However they could be Polish or Italian, how would you know the difference?
There is are rich myths and ghost stories all around this world, to ask why they are mostly white, is like a caged bird asking 'why are most birds in a cage?'
Lack of knowledge really.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: gunshooter

From experience.

I have seen many....

If you get within three feet of the figure itself with a dark background makes it easier to see the colors.

Even dark entities wears clothes....just be careful of the static noise....

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   
double post.....sorry
edit on 8-3-2017 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 06:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
a reply to: gunshooter

From experience.

I have seen many....

If you get within three feet of the figure itself with a dark background makes it easier to see the colors.

Even dark entities wears clothes....just be careful of the static noise....

please please please inform me about this static noise, and why to be careful? must know, have heard this before..... without seeing anything....

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: caf1550
a reply to: Antipathy17

Thats pretty closed mind and ignorant of you to say that 45% of Americans are delusional, and idk what percentage of the rest of the world. So just because you "can't" tolerate ghosts anymore like you say doesn't mean they don't or can't exist. Do you have substantial scientific proof that they don't exist, because you and I can't prove whether they exist or not. As for the question to the OP why are ghosts white? I mean there is really no good answer for that, you have plenty of stories from around the world of full body apparitions that appear to be real people that they are mistaken for people actually being there.

We are all in some way delusional. No ignorance involved. It's apart of the human condition.

Prove to me ghosts exist and I'll change my mind. The responsibility isn't on me to prove it. I wont say they absolutely don't exists but from my understanding they don't. I am willing to listen to evidence suggesting otherwise but I'll be scrutinizing it even though open mindedly.
edit on 9-3-2017 by Antipathy17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   

I don't want to be nasty [I really don't] but could it be that OP is American?
I noticed that Americans often think that they are the center of the world and only go by what they see and hear in America [where indeed a great deal of ghosts are caucasian] However they could be Polish or Italian, how would you know the difference?

Nope, I am a well travelled Brit living in France

Warmest

Lags

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join