It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are "ghosts" white and not Black, Yellow, Pink or of any other ethnic colour or origin etc...?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 01:55 AM
link   
This question comes across due to a pertinent question I heard from a respected member.

Up until now, most so called "ghost" photographs have always been white...

This particular "supposed" ghost picture set me having a good head scratch as the portrayed and as far as I can fathom "photoshopped" entity is black.

I don't mind if this has been debunked but the main question is the following... :

Why are "ghosts" white and not Black, Yellow, Pink or of any other ethnic colour or origin etc...?

Warmest

Lags

Ps. And keep your political ideas and racist slurs out of this please, the MUD PIT exists for that... Thank you
edit on 7-3-2017 by Lagomorphe because: Title fixed

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

Because they don't really exist but people have it impressed upon them that ghosts do and they are white. It's delusion exacerbated by the delusional person perception of media that glorifies the falsity. We all have our beliefs so I judge but not aggressively. I just can't tolerate "ghosts".
edit on 7-3-2017 by Antipathy17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 02:13 AM
link   
My ghosts are black.
An elderly black man and a dog.
They seem to mind their own business.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Huh? That's the first I've heard about ghosts only being White. Ghosts are whatever ethnic group they happen to be in life. From what I've read, the ghost is just a washed out, transparent appearance of the formerly live person or looks the same.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 02:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
My ghosts are black.
An elderly black man and a dog.
They seem to mind their own business.

Is it possible for you to elaborate please Skunk concerning your ghosts? I am interested in knowing more!

Warmest

Lags

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 02:23 AM
link   
You haven't been reading about many ghost stories if you think all ghosts are Caucasian. Hell there's been Japanese ghost stories for hundreds of years, and I've definitely read of black ghosts in America.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe
In traditional ghost legends, ghosts are perceived as belonging to known people- or at least as belonging to the usual population of the area. So they would be whatever colour is appropriate.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Ghostsdeathsmatter hashtag facepalm

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Lol came on looking to make a joke and was shot down in the opening op so ok i will bite maybe because in terms of emf waves white light comprises all colors of the spectrum and black in terms of light is the absence of light. Hence shadow people project no light and ghosts project them selves through light making them white! Now in people it comes to pigmentation of skin and features. But ghost are not made up of human flesh so pigmentation cannot be properly depicted.

8th grade science class yeah

edit on 7-3-2017 by digital01anarchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 02:48 AM
link   
The ghost I know of is black, not white.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 02:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: WhateverYouSay
You haven't been reading about many ghost stories if you think all ghosts are Caucasian. Hell there's been Japanese ghost stories for hundreds of years, and I've definitely read of black ghosts in America.

I understand and respect your post WhateverYouSay.

I have been on this planet for well over half a century now and think that I have read/digested enough information in both paper style and also "internet" style to know and digest this WYS...

What do you know about what I have not been reading... why judge so quickly?

I know and have taken into account about most of what you are saying... BUT... My question still stands and I would like to know what the rest of the community thinks too.

We learn every day... I do and am proud do admit it... try it!

Warmest

Lags

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Light! Tricks off!

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 04:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite
Light! Tricks off!

Hugh????

Are you capable of being more integrate in your opinion please?

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 04:43 AM
link   
One famous case is the Myrtle Plantation ghost, I believe she is black

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 04:56 AM
link   
It would appear that PC culture has also crossed over to the other side and from here on out ghosts will represent all races and comprise of all 90 genders.

Chalk this one up as a win for SJWs everywhere

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 04:58 AM
link   
They bleach after death .
Same as bones out in the sun .

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Black or white particle physics suggests there's nothing really there!
edit on 7-3-2017 by RP2SticksOfDynamite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 05:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite
Light! Tricks off!

Hugh????

Are you capable of being more integrate in your opinion please?
Why use so many opinionated words when a few will do! The volume of what one writes or narrates or the size of the words used does not necessarily provide greater clarity or a better explanation. It's a case of what is sufficient to convey ones view and it isn't any less an opinion because it's succinct!

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 05:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: destination now
One famous case is the Myrtle Plantation ghost, I believe she is black

So now we have racist paranormal (does not exist for me) observers. So why don's people vision yellow and full on negro, short and tall, dog and cat.
edit on 7-3-2017 by RP2SticksOfDynamite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Here we go....Even ghosts are becoming about race. Lol, when will the insanity end.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join