It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you think that human beings could be on alien worlds, right now?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Raven_Heart

Again, this story fails to pass the tests which ANY further reportage on this topic MUST pass. It offers no proof, nothing which could be objectively considered to be evidence, nothing which has any meat to it what so ever.

It simply offers the imagination fuel, rather than giving the reasoning mind sustenance.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Well i did mention the disastrous effects from a case of the "runs" in a weightless environment.
Surely that does not need further proof to illustrate the potential of an interstellar mess.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Yeah, but I find it interesting nonetheless. Some of these unsubstantiated claims that pop in these forums every now and then really get my mind racing, and that is why I joined ATS in the first place. The Hidden_Hand thread, or the one I linked, among others, give me that "what if?" feeling that I just love, regardless of belief.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Hehehe!

I think the notion of attempting to travel outside the solar system, without having first mastered some form of artificial gravity system in order to ensure tidy movements, would be somewhat impractical. Perhaps those hardy pioneers in the ISS can hack it, but it really will not "fly" for much longer than one of their stays aboard the space station!

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Yes, they are wonderful reads, I am in no way disputing that.

But there is a forum for that. Its called the Short Stories forum!

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   

HAHAHAHAH
My point exactly.
If we cant even manage to successfully use the toilet in space with out the possibility of a mess, how are we supposed to travel to distant galaxy's.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Indeed.

I think that is the problem with a thread which, right from the off, demands suspension of disbelief. First of all, that is something one must reserve for really good entertainment, not sub par theoretical understanding of human spaceflight. Second, it promotes the idea that glossing over annoying details can be handled with the same total lack of attention, as proof and evidence appear to be handled as ideas in the field.

It has to stop. Reality has to be the hand at our shoulders, the guiding force which informs our reasoning. Otherwise, all value in thinking at all will be lost!

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Yes that was a Very interesting thread.I am an abductee and i have somehow managed to retain some memories.Especially a certain few where i wake up with painful injuries,marks+ bruises+needlemarks,bleeding etc. In one of these memories i was watching black human shaped forms come through a strange tunnel -upon arriving at the loading dock type place i was watching from they regained full human appearance.Sorry i cannot remember much more aside from that there was a strange octopus like biomechanical life form with sentience with me on that loading bay place.

I do remember that at the "receiving end" thete was a place much like an earth city.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

Interesting topic. Based on the many ufo reports and disappearances I have come across over the years, I think there IS a possibility this is true, that there may be humans alive on some other world someplace. I recall the Pilot last name of Valentich who had a run in with a ufo in Australia in the late 1970's. In the Melbourne area and was flying and was buzzed by something he said " was not an aircraft". It wasn't long after that he became out of contact with the airport. This disappearance was the subject of the Science Channels "Unexplained Files" from a few years ago. A tape was played of the final few minutes of contact that Valentich had with the airport, and then suddenly there was this really strange mechanical "metallic" sound heard from the cockpit of the plane. This tape was played for a guy who oversaw ufo sightings and it was his opinion it was a possibility that Valentich was abducted.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Love the thread OP. I've told this short story a few times on here before but I really do think their are humans on other planets or at least at one point there was. I believe we originated somewhere else. The main reason why I believe this is purely off of a very vivid dream when I was young. I can't recall the age but it is still very engraved in my brain still to this day. I would have a reoccurring dream and in this dream I would see flying type saucers and I remember seeing other planetary bodies in the skies. I would have this dream all of the time and I just remember feeling homesick after the dream. It was really weird and I have not had this dream since my younger years (talking under 10 years of age, so like 20 + years ago).

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
There was a hacker named Gary McKinnon who hacked into NASA (which is true because he is facing a legal battle over it). He found out that there are U.S. warships in space that are capable of visiting other planets in our solar system.

‘I scanned and looked for documents, I found an Excel spreadsheet which said, ‘Non-terrestrial officers’, states McKinnon. ‘It had ranks and names. It had tabs for ‘material transfer’ between ships. ‘I took that to be, they must have a ships based in space – the names started with U.S.S.’ Gary McKinnon is accused of mounting the biggest ever hack in the history of the United States by breaking into the computers of the Army, Air force, Navy and NASA.

Source

There are also some people who believe the government has an exchange program called "Project Serpo" in which they have sent other humans to live on a planet in the Zeti Reticuli system. Read the sources for further reading!

In 2005, an anonymous source sent a series of emails to a UFO Discussion Group led by former U.S. Government Employee Victor Martinez. These emails detailed the existence of an Exchange Program between the U.S. Government and the Ebens – alien beings from Serpo, a planet from the Zeta Reticuli Star System. The program was thus called Project Serpo.

Source

Source 2

Source 2 goes into a lot of detail about the project, including multiple sources telling what they know.
edit on 07amTue, 07 Mar 2017 10:12:37 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

Yeah, I remember that story too.

Of course they have ships like that, if people just knew the stuff humanity is capable of doing and the teqs and other physical capabilities some of these people in black-ops can do.

I wish it was science fiction, but it is not.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Depends whether or not star gate(wormhole) technology is a possibility or even a naturally occurring phenomenon.

If so then yes its a possibility, else i really don't see any past, present, or future civilizations crossing the vast distances between the stars in the conventional manner.
edit on 7-3-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Why is that?

I mean, human physicists have already conceptualised propulsion techniques that could feasibly achieve effective FTL (I say effective FTL, because they revolve around the bending of space and time around the craft, rather than actually propelling the craft through "normal" space time at faster than light speed). From what I understand of the theoretical elements of the thing, the only difficulty is powering the effect. Its a BIG honking problem, but so, at one stage, was how to fly from one continent to the other.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   

For colonisation purposes I imagine other means of FTL travel may be perfectly viable but for any kind of empire where we can communicate or share resources between different stars we need a method of travel that somewhat circumvents the time dilation effects associated with the vast distances involved. Wormholes or the Einstein Rosen Bridge seem to tick the box.

I like the Alcubierre drive concept also but it would not solve the communication problem, certainly open up our own backyard regarding colonization of our own star system all the same.

The big problem seems to be the energy requirements not to mention the need for exotic matter which we don't know how to produce or where to get.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I am thinking that quantum entanglement could allow the kind of communication you are referring to, without relying on wormholes or other such things. Both that and the use of the Alcubierre drive are WAAAAY off yet, but they are within much closer reach than some sort of wormhole technology ever is!

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Well its all just speculation really but its nice to imagine.

I think for the Alcubierre drive concept to function without also requiring an infinite amount of energy we need some form of exotic matter, which would probobly also be a requirement regarding sustaining a stable Einstein Rosen Bridge.

I like the idea of quantum entanglement being used for communication purposes kind of reminds me of the Ansible instantaneous or superluminal communication portrayed in Enders game.

Should humanity ever manage to broach the singularity and attain the ability to learn at an exponential rate who's to say what technologies would be within our grasp?

For all we know it may be far simpler to produce a non liner connection between two points in space and time than it is to send ships between the stars warp capable or otherwise.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Well its all just speculation really but its nice to imagine.

Indeed, haha!

I think for the Alcubierre drive concept to function without also requiring an infinite amount of energy we need some form of exotic matter, which would probobly also be a requirement regarding sustaining a stable Einstein Rosen Bridge.

If anything, I think manipulating space time in such a way as to create a stable ERB would be far harder than creating a temporary, localised effect, centered around a craft of some sort. The energy requirements would have to be larger too I think. The reason I say this, is that a small bend in space time, which moves, is far less complicated from an entropy point of view, than a semi-permanent or permanent, relatively large effect. The other thing to consider is that point A will always be moving relative to point B in an ERB, where as a "warp bubble" would move with a craft, thereby being under less strain from the change in relative position in space time between any two parts of the effect, than would an ERBs start and end points.

I like the idea of quantum entanglement being used for communication purposes kind of reminds me of the Ansible instantaneous or superluminal communication portrayed in Enders game.

Heh... I was just going to say that the quantum entanglement trick reminds me of something I read in a Greg Bear novel!

Should humanity ever manage to broach the singularity and attain the ability to learn at an exponential rate who's to say what technologies would be within our grasp?

For all we know it may be far simpler to produce a non liner connection between two points in space and time than it is to send ships between the stars warp capable or otherwise.

Again, something tells me that the energy required to create a stable ERB would be greater than the energy required to power what is essentially a space warping drive of some sort. The size of the effect, the necessity for it to be stable... it seems like it would be more energy sapping than creating instabilities in the structure of space time, and riding them. But what do I know!? I just fix locks for a living

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   

"Again, something tells me that the energy required to create a stable ERB would be greater than the energy required to power what is essentially a space warping drive of some sort. The size of the effect, the necessity for it to be stable..."

If we manage to gain access or somehow harvest the energy associated with the zero point field that may not be as big a problem as we currently imagine and the introduction of exotic matter to the construction of such a device may also somewhat reduce the required amount of energy to produce or sustain such a bridge.

"it seems like it would be more energy sapping than creating instabilities in the structure of space time, and riding them. But what do I know!? I just fix locks for a living"

Seems to me it would be far safer to avoid any distances and travel time altogether. But like you suggest above who knows whats inside(possibly not the correct terminology) that wormhole?

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

It's possible if they have been brought in from Earth by aliens a la Stargate, Star Trek and Farscape.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join