It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The AMERICAN HEALTHCARE ACT is Replacing the Affordable Care Act - aka Obamacare.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Monday, March 6, 2017

Today, House Republicans unveiled the 123 page American HealthCare Act, as a combo repeal-replacement for the 2,000 page Affordable Care Act. It will go through several "adjustments" in committees, and in the Senate, before (hopefully) being sent to President Trump's desk for signature...becoming law of the land.

Here is a pretty good written summary of the American Healthcare Act..and how it differs from ObamaCare.
www.foxnews.com...

To see the actual 122 page bill, visit this U.S. House GOP website.
housegop.leadpages.co...

It's very REFRESHING and RARE, to see legislation from the U.S. Government that REMOVES heavy-handed government intervention into American lives. The Affordable Care Act/ObamaCare, hurt far more people than it helped...by a long-shot. Good riddance!

-CareWeMust

edit on 3/7/2017 by carewemust because: format adjustments

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Be prepared to get flamed by all the Leftists who will say that Trump is taking everyone's medical care away.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Heartless pieces of sht. The only thing I agree with is removing the mandate.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Lol didn't I tell you?
1 post after mine

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Thank you! I was hoping to read through this.

edit on 3/7/2017 by Martin75 because: Oh no, we gonna rock down to Electric Avenue; And then we'll take it higher

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I wonder what they plan to do with Obama's billion dollar website?

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I was diagnosed with Lung Cancer in Feb. 2016... I've been unable to work since then. My FMLA has run out and it is unlikely that I will ever be able to return to work. Luckily, my state has amazing state healthcare that I really hope won't be effected by this nonsense, because I will literally die without it.

During my 1st treatment last year, I was put on 4 rounds of chemo... each round consisted of 3 days of infusion, the 1st day was 1 6 hour drip of Cisplatin and Etoposide plus steroids, anti-nausea drugs and the fluids the chemo had to drip through. Day one of each round was 30,000 dollars... not a typo. Can anyone tell me what a 14,000 dollar tax credit is supposed to do towards that?

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 01:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
I was diagnosed with Lung Cancer in Feb. 2016... I've been unable to work since then. My FMLA has run out and it is unlikely that I will ever be able to return to work. Luckily, my state has amazing state healthcare that I really hope won't be effected by this nonsense, because I will literally die without it.

During my 1st treatment last year, I was put on 4 rounds of chemo... each round consisted of 3 days of infusion, the 1st day was 1 6 hour drip of Cisplatin and Etoposide plus steroids, anti-nausea drugs and the fluids the chemo had to drip through. Day one of each round was 30,000 dollars... not a typo. Can anyone tell me what a 14,000 dollar tax credit is supposed to do towards that?

Are/were you a smoker?

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Yes I was, so yes I did it to myself and deserve my fate... thanks for being a jerk though. You think you have a point but you don't.

What about the millions of people who get cancer that didn't do it to themselves and end up in my situation... like a 10 year old kid maybe.
edit on 3/7/2017 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

(post by Allaroundyou removed for a manners violation)

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Oh and so much for no mandate!

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Yes I was, so yes I did it to myself and deserve my fate... thanks for being a jerk though. You think you have a point but you don't.

What about the millions of people who get cancer that didn't do it to themselves and end up in my situation... like a 10 year old kid maybe.

Just thought I'd ask since you conveniently left that part out of your sob story... for obvious reasons of course.

You did read the part about prohibiting insurers from denying or increasing costs for people with pre-existing conditions didn't you?

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Prior to the affordable healthcare act many people died because they were refused care because they could not afford insurance coverage. It was estimated back in 2009 that the death rates from this were 45,000 - per year.

You know in those old episodes of "Scrubs" where they were always trying to get around the system so that they could keep the patients in the hospital long enough to help them - that is what it was all about.

So Obama (among others) wanted subsidised healthcare where tens of thousands of patients don't die needlessly.

The only ones who had any real disagreement with subsidised health care were the insurance companies and big-money medicine who made money while others died.

Nearly every other first world country has had free or subsidised health care for decades.

But please, feel free to explain how subsidised healthcare is heavy handed for the vast majority of American citizens? The explanation eludes me.

I certainly hope that the new bill remains true to the rights of the American people and not to a few corporates.

edit on 7/3/2017 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 01:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

Be prepared to get flamed by all the Leftists who will say that Trump is taking everyone's medical care away.

The only losers I can see in this will be the people on Medicaid. The cuts begin in 2020, when financially-strapped states have to take over the funding.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Heartless pieces of sht. The only thing I agree with is removing the mandate.

Assuming you read and understand the summary, what part of the American Healthcare Act upsets you the most?

link   
"American" Healthcare? As distinct from the Acts on French or Bolivian Healthcare which Congress might be passing at future dates?

link   

I didn't conveniently leave out anything and personal anecdotes can often make people think versus react. My story has been up on the boards for a while now, I wasn't hiding anything. Can you tell me, what exactly being protected from being denied insurance is going to do when one day of medical care can cost 30,000 dollars? What's the co-pay on that?

Did you see my last post before this one? What do you think about it a 30% surcharge for anyone that went longer than 63 days without healthcare?

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 01:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

Lol didn't I tell you?
1 post after mine

That's to be expected. ObamaCare caused this forum to light up with angry posters too back in 2009-2010.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 01:54 AM
link   

What in the holy hell is wrong with you? How twisted and empty does a person have to be to be to try and twist a political belief into an excuse to be completely devoid of any empathy for a fellow human being? I can only presume from your comment that you believe you have lead a faultless life.

My father and two of his brothers died of Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer. In retrospect they now believe that was the likely cause of my Grandfather's death as well. My father smoked, my uncles did not. Not only did they suffer, their wives, children and friends who loved them suffered as well. It is in my genes and the genes of my children who will hopefully be spared.

If you are capable of compassion, why not show some. If not, what really matters to you in life if not other people?

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 01:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

Just thought I'd ask since you conveniently left that part out of your sob story... for obvious reasons of course.

You did read the part about prohibiting insurers from denying or increasing costs for people with pre-existing conditions didn't you?

Sob story!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join