It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harvard constitutional law professor: Trump's wiretap tweets raise his risk of impeachment

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
Trump is a lot of things but he isn`t reckless and careless like Hillary is, if he said Obama wiretapped his phones then you can be sure that he has something to back up those claims.

Were is the 'something' he said was cast iron proof Obama was not born in Hawaii? Why did he seem to forget that he said that when he acknowledged Obama was indeed born in Hawaii?

Were is the 'something' he said was proof that something in Clintons emails was 'worse than Watergate'? If it was that serious then why hasn't that investigation found anything yet? Trump made it clear he knew what the 'something' was?

How's that report going into the fact that he didn't win the popular vote because - completely and utterly against any evidence - over 3 million votes were cast by dead people and illegal immigrants?

And.............. if I cared about his ramblings I could go on. I'd remove the phrase 'he isn't reckless or careless' until he either stops tweeting before thinking, or actually proves his claims.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
a reply to: Profusion

So this is all based on the fact if the allegation would be impeachable if true, then it must be on the reverse person if false.

Ok so all of the dems that have called him a racist, said he was like Hitler or worse, said that he would commit genocide or destroy the constitution,

all of those people should be removed from office to once those claims are found untrue.
If any of those people were the president? Then absolutely!

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: SBMcG
The problem with the Harvard prof's thesis is that Trump is 100% correct. The Obama Regime did get a FISA warrant, they did record phone calls at Trump Tower (Mike Flynn), and they also monitored web traffic on a Trump Tower server.

You can't "impeach" a president for being correct.

Even if you could get the GOP majority to consider such a ridiculous thing...

At some point, our leftists are going to have to come to the realization that Bill Clinton's wife lost fair and square.

Exactly. Not a crime for being right, but the left sure would like to make it out that way!

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stevemagegod

Democrats hate losing a election they tried to rig in her favor

That is soooo true!

After going to all the trouble of colluding with the DNC to rob Bernie Sanders of the nomination, it must have been a truly bitter pill to swallow for Bill Clinton's wife when she learned -- fairly early on Election Night, that despite all her skulduggery, she had failed again!

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

Were is the 'something' he said was cast iron proof Obama was not born in Hawaii? Why did he seem to forget that he said that when he acknowledged Obama was indeed born in Hawaii?

Did he say that?

Do you have a link or a source to back up that claim?

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion

It looks to me like this situation probably will end up one of two ways: Obama goes to jail or Trump gets impeached.

Want to bet a year wage that nothing happens to either?

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 05:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: SBMcG

originally posted by: uncommitted

Did he say that?

Do you have a link or a source to back up that claim?

I was quoting directly from a speech I saw him give on TV so no, not a direct source although I'll look for the exact wording. It came at the time he also said...

The birther issue brought Mr. Trump attention and vaulted him to the front of Republican primary polls in 2011 as he considered a White House bid. He claimed, without ever offering evidence, that he had hired investigators, and said they “cannot believe what they’re finding.”

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 05:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Its only a matter of time before Trump is impeached.

he has been in office about two months and already there has been more scandal than in Obamas whole two terms lots of accusations of Russian influance, Pence's emails, the travel ban and his moronic tweeting. All he really needs is to start a war and if you look at what he's been doing with China i am sure thats his target.

How can you not see this is all being manufactured by a media that is merely an extension of the Democrat Party? None of this is real and it's not going to go anywhere. You're being misled and you're going to end up very let down.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   

I'm no Harvard Law Professor, but this argument doesn't hold any water. A crime, whether high or low or somewhere in the middle, is a crime if 1. there is a statute saying it's a crime, or 2. it was a common law crime that has been accepted by the courts of the jurisdiction. Falsely and maliciously accusing someone else of a crime is slander (or libel, depending on the the medium) and is a a civil offense. In the case of a public figure, in order to prove slander you must prove that the statement was false, was knowingly false by the speaker, or the speaker was recklessly in disregard of wether or not it was true, and was done with malice aforethought. So it is unlikely that even the civil violation is provable.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: brutus61

originally posted by: darkbake
Trump tweeted a baseless claim that Obama had his wires tapped. What it shows is how dangerous it is for the President to be listening to extremist right-wing media that is notorious for making entire stories (like this one and the Obama's fake birth certificate conspiracy) up. I traced Trump's sources back to a Breitbart article (and so have many others) that was based on a conservative talk show host. I listened to that original broadcast, and he was ONLY SPECULATING. He basically said "Obama probably had Trump's phone tapped"

We can have an investigation, sure, as long as we can also have an investigation into Trump's Russian ties.

Trump agrees with you. He asked for this investigation to be done alongside the Russian ties investigation.

Cool then.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 12:11 AM
link   

I won't even read past your opening post. If a Harvard Professor says something related to Donald Trump... IGNORE IT. They're actually quite DUMB, when it comes to comprehending how the real world operates.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join