It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harvard constitutional law professor: Trump's wiretap tweets raise his risk of impeachment

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 01:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
a reply to: Profusion
Ok so all of the dems that have called him a racist, said he was like Hitler or worse, said that he would commit genocide or destroy the constitution,

all of those people should be removed from office to once those claims are found untrue.

Actually, despite your hyperbole, such parallels are supported more and more every day of Trump's regime!
Even the Nazis let the kids ride with their moms and dads, until they were 'well cared for' at the camps...

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Im from the uk and aint Obama doing everything that he warned us about trump odd

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Please remember that many of Trump's followers are behaving like Teenyboppers at an Osmonds concert. Donny Rocks. They cannot see that uncritical following of anyone even your spouse is dangerous. Of course should he be impeached the crybabies will then cry foul and blame the lizard people/Nephilim/Obama.

Trump will then blame it on Obama/CIA/FBI/the FAKE News/Obama (again)/ and everyone but himself ,as he seems to be reluctant to accept responsibility for his own actions. And so we th ordinary people much watch our president making a global spectacle of himself.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 04:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
Trump is a lot of things but he isn`t reckless and careless like Hillary is, if he said Obama wiretapped his phones then you can be sure that he has something to back up those claims.

Are you serious? Have you just landed on this here planet? Please look back at the Trump campaign and his time in office? If you have done this then do try looking at it again but OPEN YOUR EYES1

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 04:10 AM
link   

edit on 7-3-2017 by Tiger5 because: double post

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 04:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: SBMcG
The problem with the Harvard prof's thesis is that Trump is 100% correct. The Obama Regime did get a FISA warrant, they did record phone calls at Trump Tower (Mike Flynn), and they also monitored web traffic on a Trump Tower server.

You can't "impeach" a president for being correct.

Even if you could get the GOP majority to consider such a ridiculous thing...

At some point, our leftists are going to have to come to the realization that Bill Clinton's wife lost fair and square.

They never will accept it.. the hardcore leftists that is. They have tried to change the election result by banging on about "majority of the national vote", recounts only in places Trump won, harassing the electoral college, trying to stop the Inauguration, calling for Trump's assassination, having him removed from office on mental health grounds, and now the only thing they have left is impeachment... which will be called for periodically for a different reason.. whether its an EO they don't like or in this case, a tweet accusing their hero Obama. After time, they will be calling for impeachment because they don't like his hair.

Trump is making them react in a way that is shining a light on their complete and utter lunacy.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 04:33 AM
link   
I find it hard to believe that Obama could be implicated in any of these because he is a Lawyer... That profession is well know for having the most guarded/Tail covering and defensive people on the planet.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 04:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: SeekingAlpha
Bingo. The right wingers are just here to troll, but they know deep down that Trump is a burning pile of dung and is the worst president in history.

originally posted by: Bhadhidar

His detractors have claimed that President Obama was a lot of things, none of them nice, but I've never heard one of them claim he was stupid;

Stupid enough to to try to circumvent the FISA court to wiretap an American citizen without a preponderance of probable cause.

A gift for you.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 04:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
Trump tweeted a baseless claim that Obama had his wires tapped. What it shows is how dangerous it is for the President to be listening to extremist right-wing media that is notorious for making entire stories (like this one and the Obama's fake birth certificate conspiracy) up. I traced Trump's sources back to a Breitbart article (and so have many others) that was based on a conservative talk show host. I listened to that original broadcast, and he was ONLY SPECULATING. He basically said "Obama probably had Trump's phone tapped"

We can have an investigation, sure, as long as we can also have an investigation into Trump's Russian ties.

Trump agrees with you. He asked for this investigation to be done alongside the Russian ties investigation.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Its only a matter of time before Trump is impeached.

he has been in office about two months and already there has been more scandal than in Obamas whole two terms lots of accusations of Russian influance, Pence's emails, the travel ban and his moronic tweeting. All he really needs is to start a war and if you look at what he's been doing with China i am sure thats his target.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 05:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

he has been in office about two months and already there has been more scandal than in Obamas whole two terms lots of accusations of Russian influance, Pence's emails, the travel ban and his moronic tweeting. All he really needs is to start a war and if you look at what he's been doing with China i am sure thats his target.

Scandal? You mean propaganda. There is no evidence of any collusion between the Trump campaign and ussia, so there is no scandal, only the product of opposition propaganda. Pence's emails? No laws broken. Travel ban? Do you know how many of Obama's EO's had to be rolled back after challenge? Tweeting?? Lol.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Scandal? You mean propaganda. There is no evidence of any collusion between the Trump campaign and ussia, so there is no scandal, only the product of opposition propaganda. Pence's emails? No laws broken. Travel ban? Do you know how many of Obama's EO's had to be rolled back after challenge? Tweeting?? Lol.

Hypocrisy.....

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 06:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Hypocrisy.....

Hypocrisy? You may need to revise your understanding of what that word means as you obviously don't know.

Now, is there any evidence of Russian / Trump campaign collusion? Did Pence break the law? Did Obama have EO's overturned? Are any of Trump's tweets illegal?

You are deluded. The common thread here is that every Republican President gets called a Nazi or a Fascist and the usual smears whenever the left has lost power are common. Reagan was called a fascist, so was Bush (and called Hitler). The lefts crying whenever they lose does not constitute a scandal, it's just crying. Dry your eyes.
edit on 7/3/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Some of his cabinet members have even deeper ties to Russia. I say we have ab revote and we bam trump and hillary from running.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 06:22 AM
link   
That's right folks. Trump made this up too. Lol. Along with his birther stories he tried to tell you Hillary started. You are gonna look like such fools when the truth comes out. Of course you'll deny any truth you hear as the left wing media. Sad lot
edit on Tue March 7th, 2017 by damwel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

I disagree with the assumptions made by those who accuse Obama of this PARTICULAR misdeed.

However, in fairness, the FISA court has all the power of a damp rag. The existence of permanently running mass surveillance systems, means that regardless of the FISA court, the physical fact of all communications being accessible at any time of day, to any individual or group who has access to those systems, means that ALL citizens are being "tapped" on some level, with no probable cause ever suggested or presented which legitimises the action.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: Bhadhidar

I disagree with the assumptions made by those who accuse Obama of this PARTICULAR misdeed.

However, in fairness, the FISA court has all the power of a damp rag. The existence of permanently running mass surveillance systems, means that regardless of the FISA court, the physical fact of all communications being accessible at any time of day, to any individual or group who has access to those systems, means that ALL citizens are being "tapped" on some level, with no probable cause ever suggested or presented which legitimises the action.

This is true - according to NSA whistle blowers - but the more important issue is how and when that information is used.
To spy on someone you have to pick out the relevant data and a President can order the details from the NSA when he wants, without a warrant. It's the act of turning data into intelligence about an individual that is then shared that is spying, not the collection of data itself. That said, I think it abhorrent that the data is collected in the first place.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

On this we find ourselves in perfect agreement.

As to the specific use of the data available to collate a dossier or file on Trump... I think it is worth pointing out, that the intelligence community in developed nations has ALWAYS been of a mind to closely examine leaders, to ensure that their presence in high office does not present a threat to the nation as a whole for some reason, as strange as it may seem. I also think it is very important for those who want answers about this, to seek to identify the actual source of the order to create this collation of information.

There is a tendency, in this post fact age, to say "The Obama administration did x" for the purpose of spin. Adding the name Obama to a thing to set it up in the minds of those who might look without much fondness on Obama, as being as bad as they believe him to be. For example, some Americans were surveyed (with all the normal caveats about the vast majority of surveys being poorly done notwithstanding), with the disturbing result that a third of those surveyed were not aware that the ACA and Obamacare are the same exact thing. The spin works the same when one says "The Obama administration" rather than naming any other specific individual within the administration. Its also worth pointing out that "The Obama administration" is also used as a catch all term for the entire government by some commentators, which is profoundly obfuscatory.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tiger5
I find it hard to believe that Obama could be implicated in any of these because he is a Lawyer... That profession is well know for having the most guarded/Tail covering and defensive people on the planet.

No lawyer ever went to jail?
Them banking on Hillary winning was the key for everyone's ass to be covered.
Trump winning set them all in panic mode.
Don't be so gullible.
edit on 7-3-2017 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

originally posted by: Tiger5

No lawyer ever went to jail?
Them banking on Hillary winning was the key for everyone's ass to be covered.
Trump winning set them all in panic mode.
Don't be so gullible.

This would have happened pre trump winning when EVERYONE thought he was losing.

I think if there was a wire tap, it was from the FBI due to the really shady stuff around the DNC leak..

Like Russian officials having secret metrings with trump officials right in the midst of rampant speculation Russia was helping him win.

Then trumps only change to the GOP party platform was to remove a part saying we would use military force if Russia attacked Ukraine.

I think it is most likely trump and Russia made a deal, so I bet you didn't need a presidential order of us intel to look deeper.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join