It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hypocrisy Alert: The Left going ape # over "Slaves are Immigrants" comments from Dr. Carson

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   
At the time that slaves came over, they were not classified as persons. They were categorized as cargo, animals and/or possessions. Therefore, they didn't meet the legal definition of immigrant at that time as far as I can tell.

What to do with the thousands of women and children who are kidnapped and smuggled into the US every year to meet the demands of the blackmarket sex trade? Did they *sneak over the border* for a better life of cruelly being sold to the highest bidder until they are no longer of use and are killed?

OP, I'm unsure whether you're serious, or a serious troll.

edit on 3/8/2017 by Subrosabelow because: added a couple words

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Subrosabelow

They were still humans no matter how they were categorized, hence, "immigrants in their own way". I used the Obama quote there for you.

Your analogy is flawed as those people would be given a refugee status and cared for if found. They would returned to their own country if they so chose or they could request to stay for fear of their life, which would be pretty easy to prove. Sorry you are in over your head. You came off really badly there...
edit on 9-3-2017 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

Sure, if you want to change the dictation of the word. But I suppose context and connatation are important too.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subrosabelow
At the time that slaves came over, they were not classified as persons. They were categorized as cargo, animals and/or possessions. Therefore, they didn't meet the legal definition of immigrant at that time as far as I can tell.

What to do with the thousands of women and children who are kidnapped and smuggled into the US every year to meet the demands of the blackmarket sex trade? Did they *sneak over the border* for a better life of cruelly being sold to the highest bidder until they are no longer of use and are killed?

OP, I'm unsure whether you're serious, or a serious troll.

Im very serious. If Obama can say Slaves are immigrants and not receive any Backlash why do you think I am trolling? Obama and Carson are both Black the only difference is party alignment so why is carson receiving Backlash? But its okay to say Slaves are immigrants from the 1st Black President. ?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join