It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hypocrisy Alert: The Left going ape # over "Slaves are Immigrants" comments from Dr. Carson

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   
What no response from all of those shouting what a horrible thing this was for Carson to say when we find out Obama said the same thing?

Once again this proves that people are just feigning outrage at things their political opponents say, when in reality they could care less about what was actually said.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: Diisenchanted
a reply to: windword

Funny how you would see it that way now!

Yet when the lefts messiah Obama said the same thing all that were heard were crickets.

The ops statement of hypocrisy was correct. The left is the epitome of hypocrisy!

Certainly, it wasn't easy for those of African heritage who had not come here voluntarily and yet in their own way were immigrants themselves. There was discrimination and hardship and poverty. But, like you, they no doubt found inspiration in all those who had come before them. And they were able to muster faith that, here in America, they might build a better life and give their children something more.
From Obama's big mouth

funny how you left out this part of the same speech by Obama........

From the start, Africans were brought here in chains against their will and then toiled under the whip. They also built America. A century ago, New York City shops displayed those signs, "No Irish Need Apply." Catholics were targeted, their loyalty questioned, so much so that as recently as the 1950s and sixties, when JFK had to run, he had to convince people that his allegiance wasn't primarily to the Pope.

How does that portion chaange the fact that Obama called slaves immigrants.

That was what people were screaming about Carson saying.

Keep in mind, Carson said great things about those slaves, saying they worked HARDER than others.

The fact that you are now trying to justify Obama calling slaves immigrants exactl;y proves the point;

You weren't upset about the comment that slaves were immigrants, you were upset that a REPUBLICAN said it.

Unbelievable hypocrisy.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   
One good thing, we don't strip anyone naked and put them on the block to sell like we did the slaves from Africa. Maybe Carter and Obama should look at their family and remember that history.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Independent here.

Ben Carson is an Idiot. Great Neurosurgeon but when it comes to History he's not playing with a full deck. Only an idiot would talk about slaves and immigration in the same sentence. LOL
edit on 7-3-2017 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
What no response from all of those shouting what a horrible thing this was for Carson to say when we find out Obama said the same thing?

Once again this proves that people are just feigning outrage at things their political opponents say, when in reality they could care less about what was actually said.

No, We're talking about what an idiot Carson is....there's a long list but let's go back to Pyramids were built to store grain.

This isn't a left vs right issue it's a here's your sign moment.

link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

LOL! That's a stark difference in messaging! Obama was addressing inequality and Carson was trying to promote productivity among his ranks! "There's always someone happier than you, who works harder and has less", as the old adage goes!

link   
Wait what? American Indians were immigrants too...

How about we come forward to lets say the mid 1980s to today after the reset to illegal immigration.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

No, We're talking about what an idiot Carson is....there's a long list but let's go back to Pyramids were built to store grain.

Hey as long as you agree it was equally offensive when Obama said that I got no problem with that.

The issue is the media and ATS lit up criticizing Carson for this. Why were they silent when Obama said it?

Thats the real story. Personally, I don't find what either of the men said offensive. Both pointed out in their statements what great people these slaves were for overcoming the worst of circumstances, and thats whats important to me, not the semantics.

But the vitriol hurled to Carson by people that could have cared less that Obama said it proves that they are only interested in attacking their political opponents, and not the issue itself.

These people are hypocrites.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: ColdWisdom

LOL! That's a stark difference in messaging! Obama was addressing inequality and Carson was trying to promote productivity among his ranks! "There's always someone happier than you, who works harder and has less", as the old adage goes!

See everyone, exactly what I was saying.

At first it was offensive that Carson called them immigrants. When pointed out that Obama said bascially the same thing, people pivot and try to justify what Obama said while still attacking Carson.

Thanks for proving my point!

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

But Obama! But Obama!

You tried to compare the two. Obama was talking about inequality, freedom and liberty. Carson was talking about prosperity, productivity and brain power!

The two people, although they're both African American, cannot be compared. Carson is a bumbling idiot, who's completely and utterly unfit for his position!

And boy, it shows! But the Trump Administration doesn't want his appointees to succeed in their offices. He put them there to deconstruct those offices!

edit on 7-3-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

You tried to compare the two. Obama was talking about inequality, freedom and liberty. Carson was talking about prosperity and brain power!

The two people, although they're both African American, cannot be compared. Carson is a bumbling idiot, who's completely and utterly unfit for his position!

And boy, it shows! But the Trump Administration doesn't want his appointees to succeed in their offices. He put them there to deconstruct those offices!

You have no idea how much you are proving my point that this is all about attackling Carson, and not about calling slaves immigrants.

Ready to take a fun trip.

Windword, Come on down and lets see what you have said on this thread!!!

I don't think that people who are captured, shipped as prisoners to a foreign land, refused human rights and forced into labor and the reproduction of forced labor forces, are considered "immigrants". Immigrant are people who voluntarily leave their home, seeking a better life, who are willing to sacrifice for that life. Refugees are people who immigrate because they're fleeing oppression and are in fear for their' and their family's lives.

If Trump and CO have anything to do with it, they will be. They'll be put in (for profit) detention camps and forced to sew, work in agriculture, etc., indefinitely. That's what they're prepping us for, and thus Carson's comment!

It's not that slaves were immigrants, it's now going to be that undocumented immigrants will be slaves, and they will be happy about it! Like the other colored slaves were!

Someone says Ben Carson! The definition of Uncle Tom!

You reply.

Yep! This thread, in all its ignorant glory, is just another example of the deplorables that found refuge and solace in Donald Trump!

I weep for the future of America.

Notice how not one of these posts say anything about the problem being Carson discussing brain power.

Your first post was very clear on what you had a problem with, which was calling slaves immigrants.

Now you make excuses for Obama saying the same thing!

The fact that all of the rest of your posts were about how evil Trump is just goes to further show that you are only interested in attacking Carson and Trump, not being angry at calling slaves immigrants.

Thank you again for proving my point.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   

I don't give a damn about your "trolling" points. I'm talking about Ben Carson's ineptitude. And you're still in election mode, crying "What about Obama/Hillary?!!" crap, instead of addressing the obvious problem of incompetency that's in front of us right now!

Deflect all you want. African slaves, who managed to survive being captured and sardined into the hull of slave ships, only to be sold like cattle in order to supplement the oligarchy's forced labor economic system, only dreamt of freedom and liberty. They didn't dream and foresee their children becoming prosperous members of a civilized society in the country that enslaved them! That image didn't exist! Heaven, life after death. a slave's earned reward through hard work and redemption was their only hope, and it's the same stupid hope that Carson's peddling to his HUD employees today!

edit on 7-3-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Fine. Yet you had the chance to say that you found it offensive when Obama said it too. But you didn't, instead you made excuses for why what he said was said out of goodness as opposed to what Carson said.

I am not going for troll points. I am pointing out that you, the hysterical media, and all those that are silent about Obama saying slaves were immigrants, but jumping on Carson about it are hypocrites.

Its tghe same thing over and over again. Just like when Trump saying Make America Great again was racist, but when we saw Bill Clinton saying that it somehow wasn't.

It just lets the rest of us people know not to take you seriously when you try to be thought police and critique our speech, because the same speech coming from you side will be deemed acceptable by you.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Well done Grambler. Well done.

They didn't even have the cognitive ability to shun Obama as well to save face, they fully could have. Full partisanship.

ah Webster did not feel the need to include in the definition of immigration that it is a willful act regardless of motive, most likely because he considered that obvious; that any person capable of critical thinking would inherently grasp that concept. Perhaps Webster was mistaken. Or maybe not.

This deflection is Golden as well. It is the ******* dictionary, the dictionary has one job. Webster went over 10's of thousands of words but during the word "immigrant" he slacked off. That makes zero sense. Non-native speakers have to learn the language as well who don't just "know" what the definition of words are. That fact makes you look incredibly stupid. But in reality you were just being partisan, I know you are not that dumb.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: jellyrev

I know. I thought some of them would be smart or at least decent enough to call out Obama, but of course they didn't

The scariest thing is I think some of them truly don't get it. They are so partisan that they honestly just assume Obama is a good guy, so if he says slaves are immigrants he meant it in a good way. But Carson is a bad guy, so him sayying it is horrible.

It is honestly frightening to see how far gone some people are.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   

What is scary to me is we may think they are stupid or even mentally disordered at times. Meanwhile they think we are evil. Hence they play by different rules, fighting evil has no rules.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   

What is scary to me is we may think they are stupid or even mentally disordered at times. Meanwhile they think we are evil. Hence they play by different rules, fighting evil has no rules.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Hey as long as you agree it was equally offensive when Obama said that I got no problem with that.

The issue is the media and ATS lit up criticizing Carson for this. Why were they silent when Obama said it?

Thats the real story. Personally, I don't find what either of the men said offensive. Both pointed out in their statements what great people these slaves were for overcoming the worst of circumstances, and thats whats important to me, not the semantics.

But the vitriol hurled to Carson by people that could have cared less that Obama said it proves that they are only interested in attacking their political opponents, and not the issue itself.

These people are hypocrites.

And Carson is Blacker than Obama. Thats the funniest part of the Outrage.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   

I know, right!?

Everyone knows they were built by jewish slaves to store dead kings.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join