It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hypocrisy Alert: The Left going ape # over "Slaves are Immigrants" comments from Dr. Carson

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stevemagegod

All I am doing is saying Dr. Ben Carsons Logic is correct by pointing out the definition of immigrant.

“That’s what America is about, a land of dreams and opportunity,” Carson said, USA Today reports. “There were other immigrants who came here in the bottom of slave ships, worked even longer, even harder, for less.”

He never defined immigration,he just equated immigrates who came here for opportunity and the slaves forcefully brought here. That is stupid.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I am waiting for the time when people like you start asking for deportation of slave decedents because they did come here through the proper channels LOL

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

a reply to: Stevemagegod

I don't think that people who are captured, shipped as prisoners to a foreign land, refused human rights and forced into labor and the reproduction of forced labor forces, are considered "immigrants". Immigrant are people who voluntarily leave their home, seeking a better life, who are willing to sacrifice for that life. Refugees are people who immigrate because they're fleeing oppression and are in fear for their' and their family's lives.

Sounds like they had it better here than in custody in their own country or say, anywhere in the mid east.

Who? The immigrants, the refugees or the slaves.

Please don't say slaves!

Why?!

Of course it's about slaves.

Or forced immigration.

The lines get blurry.

Refugee would apply too. Fleeing oppression in their home country. lol.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mictain
I am waiting for the time when people like you start asking for deportation of slave decedents because they did come here through the proper channels LOL

Lol you lefties and your Logic. All you gotta do is look at Jim Crow, and rounding up German and Japanese American Born Citizens which was started by you Democrats. So if you wanna talk Human Rights all you have to do is open up a History Book.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

originally posted by: TinySickTears

im detecting a theme with your threads

Yeah I see it too but a little more clearer than you do.
The theme is - the Left is bat sh*t crazy.

AMEN

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

No. Just no. Slaves (negro slaves) were people who were captured and taken away from their homes and family's against their will, beaten, raped and killed if they didn't obey their owners. They were owned like chattel, deprived human rights and taken in bondage to supply forced labor.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Lol you lefties and your Logic. All you gotta do is look at Jim Crow, and rounding up German and Japanese American Born Citizens which was started by you Democrats. So if you wanna talk Human Rights all you have to do is open up a History Book.

The past democrats, yes. The dems nowadays, nope.

Speaking of logic, why not use yours and see what Carson said was stupid? It isn't hard. Again when the left or right speak about immigrants, they are referring to voluntary ones not forcing people to come here, so there is no hypocrisy.
edit on 6-3-2017 by Mictain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mictain

The past democrats, yes. The dems nowadays, nope.

Your right the Democrats these days are far worse. They openly support terrorism

Speaking of logic, why not use yours and see what Carson said was stupid? It isn't hard. Again when the left or right speak about immigrants, they are referring to voluntary ones not forcing people to come here, so there is no hypocrisy.

Neither I nor Carson said Slavery was a good thing. However Both sides are speaking about vagrants/migrants not immigrants. They want to work here not live here permanently they need to ship that cash back home to wherever they came from original.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Oh no!

The History Channel did it too!

Where was the outrage?

"Another group of immigrants who arrived against their will during the colonial period were black slaves from West Africa."
www.history.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   
this thread seems about as dumb as what carson said..
most immigrants that have come, or will come to this country will have the freedom to pursue those dreams of a better life and prosperity... the slaves weren't given that freedom. their experience was a crime against humanity from the beginning of the story to the end most of the time. the europeans would manipulate wars between the tribes both here in the americas and in africa, and make deals with those warring tribes to buy their captives from them and ship them off to be sold in chains. more than likely their dreams were probably more like nightmares with maybe a few happy memories of the time that they were back home among their families and friends. they were immigrants, but they were not willing, free immigrants, and for carson to have seemingly protrayed them as being just your typical immigrants, free to have the same hopes and dreams as those that come here unchained and willingly was just oh so wrong.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Oh no! Not PBS too!

"this explains how one-half to two-thirds of the immigrants who came to the American colonies arrived as indentured servants."
"In 1619 the first black Africans came to Virginia. With no slave laws in place, they were initially treated as indentured servants, and given the same opportunities for freedom dues as whites. "

www.pbs.org...

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Let's start with definitions. So that we can a clear starting point to speak.

Slave.

slave
slāv/Submit
nounhistorical
a person who is the legal property of another and is forced to obey them.

Immigrant.

im·mi·grant
ˈiməɡrənt/
noun
a person who comes to live permanently in a foreign country.

If you want to go the route to say that people being forcefully piled onto ships and sold like cattle are immigrants. I guess with olympic levels of mental gymnastics you could call them immigrants.

However I would like to counter your argument with the following. Slaves were not considered people at that time. They were legally considered property.

Property cannot be an immigrant. Property can be moved certainly. But a slave did not have the legal basis to emmigrate.

And btw. Carson must of been on some serious drugs to even utter that remark. WTH was he thinking? I'm seriously facepalming over here.

edit on 6-3-2017 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66
I took the OP as a tongue in cheek type of post about what Ben Carson said and I just re-read it and I stand by this comment.

Ahh, I figured he was trying to be taken seriously, gotcha, will make sure to dismiss all he says as parody from now on.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   

a reply to: burgerbuddy

No. Just no. Slaves (negro slaves) were people who were captured and taken away from their homes and family's against their will, beaten, raped and killed if they didn't obey their owners. They were owned like chattel, deprived human rights and taken in bondage to supply forced labor.

Meh, they were bought from muslims or africans.

They were screwed already.

And they were expensive. Some were abused, sure.

edit on 3 6 2017 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

edit on 3 6 2017 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
Oh no!

The History Channel did it too!

Where was the outrage?

"Another group of immigrants who arrived against their will during the colonial period were black slaves from West Africa."
www.history.com...

And as much as I love the History Channel they are pretty dam Liberal.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   
This was probably linked already but he was right. The lack of education on american history is sad.

Immigrants did come over on the same boats as slaves both literally and figuratively, and they did work harder than slaves. All for a piece of the american dream.

No one is saying slaves were immigrants.

en.m.wikipedia.org...
edit on 6-3-2017 by Templeton because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   
well, except that slavery was legal, illegal "immigrants" are illegal, technically all black people in America today are anchor babies.
when slavery was abolished they all should have been sent back home to Africa.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Slaves are not immigrants. During the time period when they were being brought over to the U.S., they did not have the rights of immigrants, they were not even considered people (but property) and they did not choose to come here.

Calling them immigrants gives the connotation that they came to America for a better life. Seeing as they were free in their home countries and enslaved in America, this doesn't seem like an accurate way to describe them.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
A word to the "liberals" reading this thread:

Don't let this one extremist change your opinion of other Trump supporters on these boards or out there in the real world. I have a feeling this guy might be a troll and just posting political bait to rile people up. Don't let it work, brush it off as an extremist minority.

Thanks.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 12:03 AM
link   
IMMIGRATION CAN BE BECAUSE OF TRAGEDY! Traditionally most immigration is spurred by tragedy, this construct of rights is going to have it's definition changed right infront of our eyes if we can't agree that slaves were immigrants, of the most unfortunate kind granted, but there's this thing called facts, and it would be great if we could agree on them...
YES! Abraham Lincoln himself said USA needs a separate state for slaves and even if it was created it failed because whoa now what's that factman? The freed slaves returned to Africa and now having learnt western values on slavery (omg facts suck) turned the newly founded state into a conglomeration of warlords and their slave army's spurring massive immigration (what is that word that has to with refugees?), OHNO its factscrac (facts crack at the sight of it) and he just pointed out that since these people were not chained to ships it doesn't count as immigration because free will and punkrock...
grow up.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join