It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hypocrisy Alert: The Left going ape # over "Slaves are Immigrants" comments from Dr. Carson

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stevemagegod

Why would we do that when you Democrats are already doing that?

oh, you have no idea what you are talking about, make things up with no evidence and have a super narrow view of things.

thanks for clearing that up, I can ignore you now.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66
You really think he was agreeing with Ben Carson's statement?
Because that is not how I took it.

That one time when you said ops wasn't agreeing with Carson and right under your comment, he speaks up on his agreement with Carson.

Sort it out you two...you are dangerously close to independent thought and criticism

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

a reply to: Stevemagegod

I don't think that people who are captured, shipped as prisoners to a foreign land, refused human rights and forced into labor and the reproduction of forced labor forces, are considered "immigrants". Immigrant are people who voluntarily leave their home, seeking a better life, who are willing to sacrifice for that life. Refugees are people who immigrate because they're fleeing oppression and are in fear for their' and their family's lives.

You're missing the point completely.

How 'bout you spell it out for me, like I was a 5th grader?

im·mi·grant ˈiməɡrənt/ noun plural noun: immigrants a person who comes to live permanently in a foreign country.

slave slāv/Submit nounhistorical 1. a person who is the legal property of another and is forced to obey them. synonyms: historicalserf, vassal, thrall; More verb 1. work excessively hard.

A Slave is the legal property of another and were forced to live permanently in America which is another foreign country.

See i spelled it out for you as a 5th grader

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
A word to the "liberals" reading this thread:

Don't let this one extremist change your opinion of other Trump supporters on these boards or out there in the real world. I have a feeling this guy might be a troll and just posting political bait to rile people up. Don't let it work, brush it off as an extremist minority.

I take them all, as individuals not as a group.

I am also not sure if this guy is a troll either.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Don't let this one extremist change your opinion of other Trump supporters on these boards or out there in the real world. I have a feeling this guy might be a troll and just posting political bait to rile people up. Don't let it work, brush it off as an extremist minority.

There are raging nutbags on both sides of the aisle, the far fringe who have lost any and all sense of perspective. this much is known. Go here and you will see the small handful of far fringe right wingnuts..go on tumblr, opposite side of the spectrum. Yeah, its best to ignore them all, but they are also quite fun to poke at and watch the comedy fly.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

That one time when you said ops wasn't agreeing with Carson and right under your comment, he speaks up on his agreement with Carson.

Sort it out you two...you are dangerously close to independent thought and criticism

Agreeing and Pointing out Logic inconsistencies are two different things.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   

You never answered my question. Do you also equate rape to love making since they both technically involve sex?

I am using your own logic.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   

I'm not a liberal or a democrat and actually feel a little sad for the young trump supporters that think by triggering someone they will win converts to their ideology. Trying to play a semantics game totally unprepared and ignorant. I get the feeling it's not a rant or discussion worthy of even the mud pit; Simply a star and flag quest from their friends on ATS. Transparent and really, really sad, believe me, very very very sad. It's a difficult time for high school aged males searching for their identity, even if it is as an internet tough guy. I don't think they fool anyone.
edit on 6-3-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

While I totally agree with what you're saying. The fun aspect of them is becoming less fun all the time. By "them" I mean both sides too.

Extremists are just casing too much trouble in a time when we have enough problems already. Their stupidity is relentless and it's getting in the way of basic normal living now.

I'm all for a little goofing around and not taking things seriously now and then. But it's getting to be a problem. They are becoming like a disease that is infecting everything making the world sick. It's a rot or cancer that needs to be cut out and removed or at the very least reduced in a big way.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

I took the OP as a tongue in cheek type of post about what Ben Carson said and I just re-read it and I stand by this comment.
If the OP wants to run farther down the field with the ball that you guys handed him with all the hand wringing about the slaves, that is his business.
In my opinion, you guys have taken the threads direction to another level.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   

If the Left can say illegals and undocumented are immigrants then you should have no problem with the concept of Slaves are Immigrants as well.

There is no hypocrisy here. Immigrants are people who voluntarily come here, illegal or not and the other is being forced over here.

Like I said, that is like comparing rape to love making, one is voluntary and the other is not. See the difference.
edit on 6-3-2017 by Mictain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   

So posting a trending topic from Facebook is riling people up or do you mean pointing out the Hypocrisy of the left? I live in Real Town so I guess if Logic makes me a Extremist then so be it. Because people being blind to the Hypocrisy of the Left criticizing Dr. Carson for saying Slaves are Immigrants while at the same saying Illegals, and Undocumenteds are immigrants no matter what is beyond me.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mictain

If the Left can say illegals and undocumented are immigrants then you should have no problem with the concept of Slaves are Immigrants as well.

There is no hypocrisy here. Immigrants are people who voluntarily come here, illegal or not and the other is being forced over here.

Nope the definition of immigrant does not include the word voluntarily try again.

im·mi·grant
ˈiməɡrənt/
noun
plural noun: immigrants
a person who comes to live permanently in a foreign country.
edit on 6-3-2017 by Stevemagegod because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Nope the definition of immigrant does not include the word voluntarily try again.

im·mi·grant
ˈiməɡrənt/
noun

You do see what is wrong with Ben Carson's analogy and yours right?

If not, answer my other question..is rape and love making the same?
edit on 6-3-2017 by Mictain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   

im·mi·grant
ˈiməɡrənt/
noun

a person who comes to live

Sounds voluntary to me.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   

See i spelled it out for you as a 5th grader

LOL, Yes you did! Just like a 5th grader who doesn't understand what they're talking about! But, that's not what I asked you. I asked you to explain how the two are alike, like I was the 5th grader.

LOL

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   

im·mi·grant
ˈiməɡrənt/
noun

Also when anyone is talking about immigration, illegal or not, they are talking about voluntary not involuntary and that comes from both sides.

I am certain no one calls anyone forced here, an immigrant and that goes for both left and right. So yeah no hypocrisy .

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   

I don't think that people who are captured, shipped as prisoners to a foreign land, refused human rights and forced into labor and the reproduction of forced labor forces, are considered "immigrants". Immigrant are people who voluntarily leave their home, seeking a better life, who are willing to sacrifice for that life. Refugees are people who immigrate because they're fleeing oppression and are in fear for their' and their family's lives.

Sounds like they had it better here than in custody in their own country or say, anywhere in the mid east.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   

im·mi·grant
ˈiməɡrənt/
noun

If not, answer my other question..is rape and love making the same?

Yes Rape and Love Making are the Same. Both involve Sex.

However:

The only difference is in the Legal Terminology. One constitutes a Crime while the other is consensual with both or multiple parties agreeing to it. If caught in an act of Rape the perp will face a Criminal Trial, and may or may not face prison sentence depending on the verdict.

You do so what is wrong with Ben Carsons analogy and yours right?

All I am doing is saying Dr. Ben Carsons Logic is correct by pointing out the definition of immigrant.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

Sounds like they had it better here than in custody in their own country or say, anywhere in the mid east.

Who? The immigrants, the refugees or the slaves.

Please don't say slaves!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join