It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hypocrisy Alert: The Left going ape # over "Slaves are Immigrants" comments from Dr. Carson

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: Stevemagegod

Slaves didn't hop the boarder. They were dragged over it.

Jesus, what is wrong with you???

They went and bought the slaves and brought them here against their will. They weren't coming here on their own and once here wished they could go back but were forced to stay.

Pretty much the opposite of any type of immigration.

Everyone is aware of the story of the slaves.
What is wrong with you?
Where did the OP say it?...he didn't say it, Ben Carson said it.
Leftist PC Police patrol, you guys are too much.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Well maybe because he is comparing voluntary immigration with involuntary servitude.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Calling slavery immigration is like calling Rape Love making.

I guess some people don't understand the difference between something being consensual and forced.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   
this makes no sense at all, and at the same time explains a lot, lol

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Does the OP also think rape is love making, after all they both involve sex, so they must be the same.

No offense, just using his own logic.
edit on 6-3-2017 by Mictain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Jesus, are you serious? Illegal immigrants aren't slaves. They weren't forced against their will to work in America.

You conservatives never fail to make yourselves look really stupid.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stevemagegod
im·mi·grant
ˈiməɡrənt/
noun
plural noun: immigrants
a person who comes to live permanently in a foreign country.

SLAVES WERE IMMIGRANTS

Definition of bring:

bring
1. to carry, convey, conduct, or cause (someone or something) to come with, to, or toward the speaker:

Slaves didn't come, they were brought. significant difference.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Jesus, are you serious? Illegal immigrants aren't slaves. They weren't forced against their will to work in America.

If Trump and CO have anything to do with it, they will be. They'll be put in (for profit) detention camps and forced to sew, work in agriculture, etc., indefinitely. That's what they're prepping us for, and thus Carson's comment!

It's not that slaves were immigrants, it's now going to be that undocumented immigrants will be slaves, and they will be happy about it! Like the other colored slaves were!

edit on 6-3-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66
What is wrong with you?

I guess you missed...reading the ops

If the Left can say illegals and undocumented are immigrants then you should have no problem with the concept of Slaves are Immigrants as well.

PC Police..sure buddy.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

originally posted by: Swills

If Trump and CO have anything to do with it, they will be. They'll be put in (for profit) detention camps and forced to sew, work in agriculture, etc., indefinitely. That's what they're prepping us for, and thus Carson's comment!

It's not that slaves were immigrants, it's now going to be that undocumented immigrants will be slave, and they will be happy about it! Like the other colored slaves were!

Cool story!
CNN tell you that story?
Derangement runs deep here in Leftist La La land

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: RazorV66
What is wrong with you?

I guess you missed...reading the ops

If the Left can say illegals and undocumented are immigrants then you should have no problem with the concept of Slaves are Immigrants as well.

PC Police..sure buddy.

I think you missed the boat on this one.
You really think he was agreeing with Ben Carson's statement?
Because that is not how I took it.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

im·mi·grant
ˈiməɡrənt/
noun
plural noun: immigrants
a person who comes to live permanently in a foreign country.

SLAVES WERE IMMIGRANTS

Definition of bring:

bring
1. to carry, convey, conduct, or cause (someone or something) to come with, to, or toward the speaker:

Slaves didn't come, they were brought. significant difference.

I see you changed the definition then gave me that definitions definition to fit your point of view. Typically of the left but ill humor you anyways. Slaves had to live permanently in a foreign country. And that foreign country was America. Hence they are immigrants no matter how you slice the pie with your Leftist Logic.
edit on 6-3-2017 by Stevemagegod because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Adolescent conservatives trying to sound clever is so cute.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   

I see you changed the definition then gave me that definitions definition to fit your point of view. Typically of the left but ill humor you anyways. Slaves had to live permanently in a foreign country. And that foreign country was America. Hence they are immigrants no matter how you slice the pie with your Leftist Logic.

so the republican plan now is to go to mexico, kidnap people, and make them come here?
edit on 6-3-2017 by syrinx high priest because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Man i love you guys and your notions of whats Politically Correct.

You guys crack me up.

Who exactly are you talking to here? I don't think anyone on these boards was a part of this story in any way, so what's with the generalizing and stereotyping?

You're an extremist and I have a feeling more people with your extreme views will continue popping up everywhere and that's not a good thing. If you're a legitimate poster and not some troll then you seriously need to get some help.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   

I see you changed the definition then gave me that definitions definition to fit your point of view. Typically of the left but ill humor you anyways. Slaves had to live permanently in a foreign country. And that foreign country was America.

immigrant

a person who migrates to another country, usually for permanent residence.

immigrant

a person who comes to a country to take up permanent residence

COMES/MIGRATES are voluntary whereas slaves were brought against their will.

So I ask you the same question, is rape the same as love making because both involve sex, so using your logic, they are.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

Why do you think that's a stretch? Right now we have non-sanctuary cities that are holding undocumented immigrants, who were incarcerated for crimes and have served their time. But, because ICE is backed up with case loads, these prisoners languish indefinitely in prison, waiting for ICE to remember they exist, and call their name. Sanctuary cities are typically releasing these prisoners, once they've served their time, if ICE fails to pick them up in a timely manner.

Trump is going to need places to hold all the undocumented immigrants he's arresting, courts are jammed and local and state prisons are full!

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: syrinx high priest

so the republican plan now is to go to mexico, kidnap people, and make them come here?

Why would we do that when you Democrats are already doing that?

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   

You do know what the issue is, right?

He is comparing voluntary immigration to slaves being brought over against their will.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   
A word to the "liberals" reading this thread:

Don't let this one extremist change your opinion of other Trump supporters on these boards or out there in the real world. I have a feeling this guy might be a troll and just posting political bait to rile people up. Don't let it work, brush it off as an extremist minority.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join