It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans release Obamacare replacement bill

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   
If someone without health insurance goes through the windshield of a car, or has a heart attack or other catastrophic accident or sudden illness and is taken to the emergency department, the hospital will have to treat him and eat the expense. Costs will rise for other patients to cover the difference. Unle4ss of course Paul Ryan and Donald Trump decide to just let him stay on the hood of the car and bleed out. Which wouldn't surprise me.

There's that.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Again and again I see we circle around the idea that we must have an insurance industry that covers 100% of the populace...

why?

the poor, absolutely they need some sort of safety net to assist when medical problems occur...

But why can we not remove the insurance industry from the medical world for the rest?

Why does a knee surgery cost 1700 at a cash payment/private insurance hospital... yet 6400 at a medicare/medicaid accepting hospital?

when I arrange to make cash payments to a dentist office the cost is wildly different than if my insurance pays it...

why does any "fix" have to be written by the insurance companies?

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

I do not believe that the insurance companies will lower prices. If anything I think that they are going to take the tax credit and then after a short time, start to raise up prices again. If they lower it, then it means that people may start wanting to use such, and that costs them money, to which they are not wanting to spend.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Reading most of the ATS Healthcare-related posts tells me two things..

1. How much people think they know, is actually wrong.

2. Why it is so easy to make money by advising people on this healthcare/insurance subject.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Big dilemma with medical service costs.

10 Statistics on Hospital Labor Costs as a Percentage of Operating Revenue

Lots of people make good wages.

Now what?

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join