It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All-knowing surveillance system detects gunfire all across America

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Street lamps will help detect gun fire soon. The new tech that will be upgraded into the lamps ans will be able to pin point the gun fire and call for the police.

Are those lamps on your local streets detecting when guns are fired? American cities are being upgraded to pinpoint shooters and help police fight gun violence.

Like something out of the futuristic policing TV show “APB,” new tech can locate the exact position where a gun is fired and report it immediately to law enforcement.

nypost.com...

Ah the military uses a similar tech to catch snipers in war zones. The system is based on the sound of gun fire and pin points the origins.

Militaries use a similar technology to defeat enemy snipers. In war zones, these systems pinpoint the location of a hidden sniper, using the sound of the gunshot.

The ShotSpotter tech uses a similar acoustic approach, but in a system designed to protect civilian neighborhoods. It can also be used to protect locations that can be attractive for terrorists to strike, like power plants and tourist sites such as New York’s Times Square.

It is used to locate gun crime, the sensors work together to calculate the location. It can tell police where the gun fire was and how many shots and number of weapons involved.

ShotSpotter is a system of sensors that work together to calculate the location of gun crime.

Within the area of coverage, the tech can tell police officers where the shot was fired, how many shots, and the number of weapons involved.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Chicago alone will make that system crash with overload!!

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   
There's been an active shot-spotter system in Boston for many years. It's virtually useless. It doesn't really pinpoint anything and has a ton of false-positives. To my knowledge, it has never been used in an attempt to get a search or arrest warrant. The police don't really use it at all. I believe it was installed with the tsunami flow of money to local law enforcement post 911.

However, assuming it is highly accurate, IMO it doesn't fall into an invasion of privacy.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Gun fire is nothing......this is the real super surveillance system that is already in use.....

Anything the a 15 mile radius able to zoom into an area of 6 inches and go back in time weeks to see what happened and who was there....SCARY.
edit on 6-3-2017 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   
This has been tried in several locations ... The tech was not up to the task because of echos off of buildings... I guess now they have gotten the cost down to a point where they can install more sensors...Sensors everywhere being able to detect without echos will no doubt be able to pin point the source much better than in the past... To be honest this is old tech but obviously this system is more refined than what was used before.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

I always figured they had that tech within satellites already. Sure, I saw it on "Behind Enemy Lines"......but still. You'd think there would be some type of very high res imaging tech on satellites, no?
edit on 6-3-2017 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

"All Across America" ?

Riiight.

So what they going to do out here where I live? In the country, on private land where we shoot all the time? Where hunting is done?

Title is just a little bit misleading.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

Imagine the Hubble Space Telescope. Multiply by ten. Add the word stereoscopic to that.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful

"All Across America" ?

Riiight.

So what they going to do out here where I live? In the country, on private land where we shoot all the time? Where hunting is done?

Title is just a little bit misleading.

Out here in the woods, gunfire is so common most people don't even hear it anymore.

Wait. I forgot. It shouldn't be a problem for them, since we don't have street lights.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Lol. Chinese new year and 4th of july will cause mass surveillance overload

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Tech like this sounds great until you realize the truth:

If you are relying on the sound of a gunshot to stop violence, you've already lost.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   
IIRC, one of these systems was said to have alerted the police to the shooting of that DNC IT worker that was murdered but not robbed in Washington DC.
So much for my memory, what was his name?
Seth Rich?

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   
How many cars backfiring are going to taint the gun violence data collected and used to justify tightening the gun control noose, I wonder.

edit on 3-6-2017 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

They talked about muzzled flashes in wacko, now I can't remember if it was from a helicopter or sat.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

You already know if you don't live in the city you don't count.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   

the only muzzle flashes i remember being talked about were the ones from the flir on the helicopter.

edit on 6-3-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Yep you said FLIR and it was a copter. Thanks

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   
lots of expensive high tech technology so that the police can get to the scene of a crime AFTER it happens sooner than they normally would by responding to a 911 call, great and how much is this going to cost?

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: WUNK22

That can't be true. Obama confiscated all Guns in Chicago. How can there still be shootings going on?

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: WUNK22

My neighbor will make it crash alone and he is TSA.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join