It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Non-Denial is Really Vague and Doesn't Rule Much Out

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire
Oh my, they really must've stopped teaching civics in school.

Neither of my kids were exposed to civics ... so yeah ... they did.

Remember the NDAA? Probably got by because people have been dumbed down (no student child left behind).
Do ya know what Jury Nullification is? Do ya think people seated on a jury know?

LOL
edit on 632017 by Snarl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

The POTUS IS able to order anything. He is the frikkin' Commander in Chief. Do you know how many Soldiers have taken an OATH to obey his orders?

Order Anything? Anything? Seriously? So, that makes the POTUS a dictator, then. Congress has to obey presidential orders?

What a silly suggestion.

Are, um, FBI, DOJ, soldiers? Are the under the "command" of the commander in chief? Do they take an oath to obey his orders? No. Unlike actual soldiers, who take an oath to follow commands (including that of their Commander in Chief (POTUS)), federal employees do not, they only affirm to uphold the constitution, not to take orders from the President.

Hence checks and balances.

Geez.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
What do you NOT UNDERSTAND about the fact that the POTUS is not able to "order" wire taps?

Why do Liberals keep shouting this lie.

The POTUS IS able to order anything. He is the frikkin' Commander in Chief. Do you know how many Soldiers have taken an OATH to obey his orders? Do you know how many Soldiers serve in the US Intelligence apparatus?

The Soldiers will obey ... and an a-hole like Obozo will order.

The POTUS is able to order anything?

Oh my, they really must've stopped teaching civics in school.

This is elementary level fundamental principles of federal government.

Good grief.

Riight. For example, the President can't order the execution of an American citizen.

Oh wait.

theintercept.com...

Of course you may say "Sure he can kill an American citizen withoput a warrant, but he can't order surveillance on them!" (LOL)

Well apparently he can.

In Chapter 36 of Title 50 of the US Code *War and National Defense", Subchapter 1, Section 1802, we read the following:

(1) Notwithstanding any other law, the President, through the Attorney General, may authorize electronic surveillance without a court order under this subchapter to acquire foreign intelligence information for periods of up to one year if the Attorney General certifies in writing under oath that—

(A) the electronic surveillance is solely directed at—
(i) the acquisition of the contents of communications transmitted by means of communications used exclusively between or among foreign powers, as defined in section 1801(a)(1), (2), or (3) of this title; or
(ii) the acquisition of technical intelligence, other than the spoken communications of individuals, from property or premises under the open and exclusive control of a foreign power, as defined in section 1801(a)(1), (2), or (3) of this title;

(B) there is no substantial likelihood that the surveillance will acquire the contents of any communication to which a United States person is a party; and

(C) the proposed minimization procedures with respect to such surveillance meet the definition of minimization procedures under section 1801(h) of this title; and
if the Attorney General reports such minimization procedures and any changes thereto to the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence and the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence at least thirty days prior to their effective date, unless the Attorney General determines immediate action is required and notifies the committees immediately of such minimization procedures and the reason for their becoming effective immediately.

While (B) seems to contradict the underlying permissive nature of Section 1802 as it involves a United States person, what the Snowden affair has demonstrated all too clearly, is how frequently the NSA and FISA court would make US citizens collateral damage. To be sure, many pointed out the fact that Fox News correspondent James Rosen was notoriously wiretapped in 2013 when the DOJ was investigating government leaks. The Associated Press was also infamously wiretapped in relation to the same investigation.

www.zerohedge.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

ok. chillax. have it your way.

See, the Attorney General himself is compromised right now.

And the suggestion that Obama ordered a "wire tap" is so utterly irrelevant that one MUST suspect there was some guilty conscience reason to even worry about it! If Trump was innocent, why the hell would he give a rip? WHY?

If there is nothing to hide, then why fuss?

Trump is a master at blaming others. First Obama was not born here. Then Obama was a Muslim. Now he ordered surveillance. ALL of that......all of it was proven to be rubbish. Like WMDs in Iraq. And lo and behold, TODAY, now, Iraqis are exempt from the 'travel ban!'
:
:

This latest grasp is to deflect from the fact that several of his aides and staff have had contact with Russian reps.

Do you not see? If you haven't done anything wrong, then what the feck is the problem?

LOL!!!!!!

Sad.

edit on 3/6/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

If you have something to say about obama's statement, feel free. Otherwise, it sounds like you want to discuss something else, which can be done by making your very own thread.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   

"could have" does not mean anything but a speculation

Why are you belaboring this issue?
If there is some problem with Trump's phone line being tapped, then I'm confident the reason why will come out. Just like his aides and 'picks' for these 'cabinet' positions have been found to have contact/relationships with Russia in some form or another.

Let's look a this, though:

See, sweetie, here's the thing.

You can make threads (your thoughts about current events) and other people are free (and encouraged) to read and comment and ignore and criticize your threads.

Trump has been accusing Obama of fukk all for eight years. It's old news, and only points to the actual CHAOS going on in the WH, which he keeps insisting does not exist.

It's hilarious.

Honey. Seriously. Please. Come in, off of the ledge.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   
wow, this thread is devolving not into partisan bickering over "claims," but into complete ignorance about the separation of powers and constitutionally enumerated powers of government.

wow. if people truly believe some of the # they've posted i am genuinely surprised. and scared

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   

By the way, do you have a source we can look at?

In the OP I didn't see a link.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
a reply to: syrinx high priest

It's a statement from his spokesperson. Do you know what spokesperson means?

yes, it means he is not Obama

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Deleted
edit on 6-3-2017 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Sure, here: fortune.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Feeling preachy today, huh?

Why are you belaboring this issue?

Well, you answered that here

You can make threads (your thoughts about current events) and other people are free (and encouraged) to read and comment and ignore and criticize your threads.

If there is some problem with Trump's phone line being tapped, then I'm confident the reason why will come out.

I wish I shared your confidence. Unfortunately it's probably not too politically savvy to bare all the cards, despite being what this country need.

Just like his aides and 'picks' for these 'cabinet' positions have been found to have contact/relationships with Russia in some form or another.

There it is! The attempt to change the subject!

Let's look a this, though:

I love john oliver, he's hilarious, too bad it's basically a brainwashing propaganda tool. people actually watch for more than entertainment, which is scary. Sorry to get off topic here. Back to the point.

Trump has been accusing Obama of fukk all for eight years.

Ok? Not sure what that has to do with obama's statement.

It's old news, and only points to the actual CHAOS going on in the WH, which he keeps insisting does not exist.

If you say so.

Honey. Seriously. Please. Come in, off of the ledge.

I'm nowhere near a ledge, but with how intoxicated you sound I can see why you'd make such a mistaken statement.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: syrinx high priest

Do you know who his spokesperson is, the role he fulfilled in the administration?

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
a reply to: RomeByFire

Well, he is able to order anything. That doesn't mean it's lawful. And likely many would obey. The government isn't filled with the sharpest tools in the shed.

Maybe he just asked nicely?

Remember that Podesta email that said to keep obama's name out of what, hillary's server or something like that?

His people covered for him all the time.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Not only COULD Obama order this , he moved virtually next door to Trump to better keep an eye on him.....Obama is a major egotistical megalomaniac and doesnt care who knows.
Any thoughts on that one ?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join