It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Non-Denial is Really Vague and Doesn't Rule Much Out

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I've been thinking about this a little more and it's really amazing what he said and didn't say.
Here's what his spokesperson said

“A cardinal rule of the Obama Administration was that no White House official ever interfered with any independent investigation led by the Department of Justice,” Lewis said. “As part of that practice, neither President Obama nor any White House official ever ordered surveillance on any U.S. citizen. Any suggestion otherwise is simply false.”

The first line: The key words here are independent and interfered. The Obama administration never interfered with any independent investigation led by the DoJ. This is basically stating the obvious, when the DoJ operated independently, we didn't interfere. We don't know that the DoJ operated independently on the Trum-Russia ties. So the first line may not even apply. Also, what constitutes interference?

2nd line: The key word here is ordered. If we go with legal speak, it means the white house never formally requested the surveillance of US citizens, of which Trump is one. If we go with PR interpretation it means he didn't ask anyone to wiretap Trump.

Third line is self explanatory.

What does this rule out?
If we interpret it as legal speak (from lawyer obama), nothing, it literally rules out nothing. The reason being, that we don't know if it was an independent DoJ investigation, nor what interfered or ordered means. If we interpret it as a PR statement it rules out obama telling the DoJ to wiretap Trump personally.

Even with the most generous of readings, this does not say that the administration didn't target Trump with wire taps through third parties. "We want to see if vlad's buddy calls people in trump tower, bug trump tower." In order for FISA to be used the target has to be a foreigner. The administration or the DoJ legally could not target Trump through FISA warrants.

It also doesn't rule out Obama receiving information from and/or being aware of surveillance being done at Trump tower.

It does not say no US citizens were tapped, just that the Whitehouse didn't order it if they were.

Under even a loose interpretation, Obama could have picked up the phone and called lynch and said: "We need to get some dirt on trump, by any means necessary, tell me what you find."That is not ruled out by his mouthpiece's statement. That is not interfering with an investigation led by the DoJ and that is not ordering a wiretap.
edit on 6-3-2017 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

could have

More speculation!

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

It was an example of what would not be covered by his statement, just pointing out how egregiously empty the statement was.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   

There's nothing wrong with the denial. He's just stating that wire taps are legal matters handled by the DOJ & the FISA courts and that he doesn't and hasn't interfered with those depts. or processes in any way.

I would just imagine that once Russia was suspected in the hacking of the DNC and relaying that info to WikiLeaks in order to influence our election, our DOJ & govt. intelligence agencies probably initiated some kind of surveillance on the Russians. Anything less would be dereliction of duty.

I don't think anyone was spying on Trump or his associates, they just keep turning up because they were talking to the Russians who were being watched.

I don't even believe that Trump or any of his associates were aiding or involved with the Russian effort to sway our election.

However, I do believe that his team was in contact with the Russians to discuss the future of Trump's business dealings with Russian oligarchs.

Now, Trump and his team are all paranoid because they don't know how much of their conversations are recorded, documented, transcribed, etc..

This is truly ironic seeing how Trump has a personal telephone switchboard in his private residence at Mar-a-Lago where he can listen in on any calls made to or from anyone staying at the resort.

In other words, he has tapped the phone lines of all his guest staying at his Mar-a-Lago resort.

If you don't believe me, google it for yourself.

I can't remember the exact quote, but it goes something like this;

"Suspicion is the byproduct of a guilty conscience."

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   
that's not an Obama quote

to the trash bin for this thread

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: syrinx high priest

It's a statement from his spokesperson. Do you know what spokesperson means?

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   

what did the official statement from trump say?

oh yeah

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   

What do you NOT UNDERSTAND about the fact that the POTUS is not able to "order" wire taps?

It isn't even a remote possibility. The Judicial system won't do what he says. It has to be a warrant, signed by a judge.

Trump would very much like to bug certain people's phones, and also be able to shut the media up.

He would like to shut down EVERY SINGLE WEBSITE/channel/show that says bad things about him. He would like to eliminate ANY outlet that mocks him, reports truth about him, draws attention to the corruption swirling around him....

bwahahahahaa!!!!

but, see? HE CAN'T! He is not God!
He is not a King, and can not shut down independent organizations! He also is unable to shut people up just by waving his tiny hand. He doesn't get to influence the Judicial. Except for appointing balloon-head Sessions (who just got poked with a really sharp pin).

lolol!!!

Ack. Someone, please pull me back from my long-anticipated Schadenfreude.......
I am tempted to dive in!!!

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Your reading comprehension is poor, that is, if you even read the OP.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Feel free to start a thread on it.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

It was an example of what would not be covered by his statement, just pointing out how egregiously empty the statement was.

Regardless of what he would've said, the alt-right would've found something to whine about or cry foul about.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

Your reading comprehension is poor, that is, if you read the OP.

lol!! awww. That's so cute

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
What do you NOT UNDERSTAND about the fact that the POTUS is not able to "order" wire taps?

Why do Liberals keep shouting this lie.

The POTUS IS able to order anything. He is the frikkin' Commander in Chief. Do you know how many Soldiers have taken an OATH to obey his orders? Do you know how many Soldiers serve in the US Intelligence apparatus?

The Soldiers will obey ... and an a-hole like Obozo will order.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

The POTUS IS able to order anything. He is the frikkin' Commander in Chief. Do you know how many Soldiers have taken an OATH to obey his orders? Do you know how many Soldiers serve in the US Intelligence apparatus?

oh my.

no, dear.

The President can't order that. And anyway, say he could...what the fark difference would it make?

The conversations are what they are. Is there some problem with hearing them? WHY would Trump need to claim that his phone was bugged? Why is he so defensive and 'pre-emptively' blaming Obama?

What good does that do?

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Why is he so defensive and 'pre-emptively' blaming Obama?

What good does that do?

I figured that out on Saturday. I just chose to keep it to myself is all.

link   
Lol the liberals are in damage control mode watch as the deflect and post more fake articles about russian collusion that was confirmed by clapped that trump has no ties to russians.
However the fisa's exist from obama admin seeking to witetap trump! I have heard the radio today and all of the talking heads are leaving out important details like there are 2 fisa's. Then there is the leaks within the white house which apparently sessions has the names of the leakers.

So lets put this in context for people.
If obama placed people to leak information out this can be considered a form of wiretapping for the press or intelligence agencies. If obama's admin and justic department ordered the wiretap based off a 4chan fan fiction breifing as evidence of russian collusion with trump and russia then they are screwed and so is the judge. Basically the investigation into trumps ties with russia has proved nothing and obama used falsified documents by British intel agents to obtain a wiretap. To add insult to injury they tried to obstruction by placing people in key positions of power. Its over for the left obama, clinton and all the people who helped them. This is soooo big!

link   

originally posted by: Snarl

The POTUS is able to order anything?

Oh my, they really must've stopped teaching civics in school.

This is elementary level fundamental principles of federal government.

Good grief.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   

It's about the only appropriate response. My whole OP addresses this issue. And I authored another thread that went through the mechanics of obtaining the FISA warrant.

But even though you don't understand the OP. or didn't read it, you're still wrong.
LINK

(1) Notwithstanding any other law, the President, through the Attorney General, may authorize electronic surveillance without a court order under this subchapter to acquire foreign intelligence information for periods of up to one year...

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Ill just put this here

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Well, he is able to order anything. That doesn't mean it's lawful. And likely many would obey. The government isn't filled with the sharpest tools in the shed.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join