It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Glimpse Into The Disturbing Worldview Of Stephen Bannon

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
The idea that Eric Holder is on a level with Steve Bannon is ridiculous

Its illogical nonsense

Right. Holder made it a point to claim black people were HIS people, and he refused to go after black supremacists for intimidating white voters, among many other things.

Bannon has done nothing racist personally at all, but he did cite a book from the 70's and some racists like him.

You are right, Holder actually did racist things, and Bannon hasn't, so it is nonsense to put them on the same level.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   

I would say that Bannon and his alt-right association can be compared to the BLM group according to the same logic people here denounce BLM for…

Yet if he isn’t a racist for some strange reason he is thought to be the guy that the KKK types are so proud of.

Look folks people aren’t stupid. Racists nowadays don’t always come in white sheets.

What a let down! I wanted to read the juicy quotes and go join in on the hate on Facebook. Doing so without proof would be...illogical.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

I would say that Bannon and his alt-right association can be compared to the BLM group according to the same logic people here denounce BLM for…

Yet if he isn’t a racist for some strange reason he is thought to be the guy that the KKK types are so proud of.

Look folks people aren’t stupid. Racists nowadays don’t always come in white sheets.

In other words, you have no evidence.

Same old smear campaigns.

"But I heard some racists like Bannon!"

So what? Plenty of black racists like Obama. Is that proof enough for me to claim Obama is an anti white racist?

I’m not wasting my time quoting numerous credible people who label Bannon an explicit and implicit racist.

You can only get crazies maybe like Alex Jones to say Holder and Obama are racists like Bannon.

Your argument is irrational and ignorant has no basis in reality

Mainstream, serious people of all political stripes that cover the entire political spectrum have accused Bannon of racism, sexism, anti-Semitism, and islamophobia...

Now that in itself isn’t enough for me but I’ve researched his poisonous output myself to agree with the general proposition that Bannon supports and encourages, racism, sexism, anti-Semitism, and Islamophobia.

YOU WILL NOT get a serious person to compare Eric Holder to that!

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I'm not sure you read my entire post.

I did not read the book and I was not "triggered" by the word "racism". I don't believe in trigger words, as I consider myself a somewhat mature adult. The rest of the synopsis written about the book clearly make it indefensible. If it were written during the 1870's I may find it more palatable. It was written in the 1970's.

The book seems to be about the dangers of uncontrolled immigration from third world countries. It is clear that there are problems that have come with that. This author may be exaggerating the dangers, but that is common place in the entertainment business.

I think the second questioned I asked makes it clear that I believe the existence of this book does nothing to diminish the problems associated with this issue. Perhaps my first two sentences triggered you?

I assume that you also are against any movie or book that shows any race, religion or culture in a bad light.

If the work is showing an entire race as somehow bad, yes I am against it. As for religions and culture, not necessarily. It depends on what about that religion or culture is being critiqued. For example, a critique of a religion that believes in blowing up innocent people to me is a valid piece of art. However, by showing one person or even a group of people in a particular race, religion, or culture as bad, I have no problem with it. Extrapolating to an entire race, religion, or culture is dependent on the viewer depending on their mindset.

Much of what Hollywood puts out is putrid. As for the latest release of "Purge", I haven't seen it. If it makes a few white conservatives look bad, really not that offended. How offended were you by movies that routinely show young black men as being members of gangs? Etc., etc.. I'd also caution against what some reviewer reads into a particular piece of art as being somehow meaningful. The quotes you provided about the movie being about uncontrolled patriotism, ie jingoism, don't bother me. I see the dangers of that as much as I do the dangers of uncontrolled immigration.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   
The thing is Bannons right

The invasion in the book and the mass undocumented immigration into Europe do indeed have many parallels.
Acknowledging a problem doesnt make you racist just because the source of the problem is people of a different race or colour.

When he starts calling for the killing of illegal immigrants then Ill say the OPs onto something, until then this is just another sad attempt from morons who will resort to anything to paint Trumps gov in a bad light

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Steve Bannon is an interesting character alright, I've spent a fair bit of time researching his speeches and writings. He's fairly focused on Nationalism and believes that western society is in decline and will eventually be bred out of existence.

I have Mein Kampf and Little Red Book and The Art of War, among other writings that could get me labelled (by insecure low-information folk) as Satan himself.

Knowledge is power.......& speaking of which.......

I see yesterday he's remaining adamant that he has the goods on Obama, who he suggests might be in prison before the end of Trumps 1st term.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   

The idea that Eric Holder is on a level with Steve Bannon is ridiculous

Its illogical nonsense

True, Eric Holder actually ran the Justice Department... Bannon is but an advisor.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   

edit on 6-3-2017 by Templeton because: not nice

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

So what you're saying is that you can't provide examples of Bannon's alleged racism beyond his citation of a novel which is, itself, arguable as to it's racism level? I see...

Now that in itself isn’t enough for me but I’ve researched his poisonous output myself to agree with the general proposition that Bannon supports and encourages, racism, sexism, anti-Semitism, and Islamophobia.

We'd have never guessed you'd done that research, considering a complete lack of evidence coming from you in your odd resistance to providing anything of merit to support your claims.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Your post inspired me...

“You are the books you read, the films you watch, the music you listen to, the people you meet, the dreams you have, and the conversations you engage in. You are what you take from these. You are the sound of the ocean, breath of the fresh air, the brightest light and the darkest corner.

You are a collective of every experience you have had in your life. You are every single second of every day. So drown yourself in a sea of knowledge and existence. Let the words run through your veins and the colors fill your mind until there is nothing left to do but explode, There are no wrong answers . Inspiration is everything. Sit back, relax, and take it all in.” ~Jac Vanek

Quote link

So on the basis of this quote, yes people are a mosaic of what they are exposed to and experience.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

This book, and his referencing of it several times, explains the real intent behind the campaign promise of a "muslim ban."

Bannon sees the influx of Islamic people into the United States as, not only a potential terrorist threat (though the data is totally against 1st generation Muslims being radicalized upon entry, it is the second generation - 16 years or more later - that become radicalized after growing up in our country) but as a CULTURAL THREAT to Christianity.

For Bannon, the Travel Ban is part of an ideological fight against an "expansionistic Islam."

That is part of what is behind all of this...

Veteran's Today - Bannon is preparing Trump for a Holy War

Bannon, let’s not forget, is the author of a film script called The Islamic States of America, which argued that Islamists were taking over the US with help from mainstream media outlets, American Jews, FBI and the White House.

(There's a LOT in that article...)

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: solargeddon

That's racist!

It's not of course but if enough people say it and with enough conviction then you will absorb it as part of the experience, right?

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Well, being I am not at all familiar with the book I can't honestly say whether or not it's racist but I do know Bannon is a racist so if he continues to use this book to push his racist agenda then I must make the assumption he too is taking the books most extreme racists views and applying it to today's immigration struggles.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

Acknowledging a problem doesnt make you racist just because the source of the problem is people of a different race or colour.

Can you explain why they are a problem?

Are we not all born of this earth, surely there should be free movement to all, at the very least I don't think we can call it a problem.

This is where there is a problem, to believe people must only remain in certain parts of the earth because of red tape and selfishness on the part of those who began their lives on the part of the earth others wish to move to.

I see the thinking behind this as being the problem.

Capitalism and a money driven man made state of mind is the problem.

People wishing to move from where there is less to where there is more is just common sense, if there was more sharing, perhaps people would remain where they were born, that certainly was the conclusion of one right wing think tank.

Yet, I'll state again, we the people of earth all live here, I see no problem with people living where they want to.
edit on 042017MondaypmMon, 06 Mar 2017 18:56:04 -06006America/Chicago62017 by solargeddon because: Whoopsy forgot to quote

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Is this another one of those "literally Hitler!" threads?

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: solargeddon

Even the native americans should have opened their homes to the settlers such as they did?

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: solargeddon

Are we not all born of this earth, surely there should be free movement to all, at the very least I don't think we can call it a problem.

This is where there is a problem, to believe people must only remain in certain parts of the earth because of red tape and selfishness on the part of those who began their lives on the part of the earth others wish to move to.

People wishing to move from where there is less to where there is more is just common sense, if there was more sharing, perhaps people would remain where they were born, that certainly was the conclusion of one right wing think tank.

Yet, I'll state again, we the people of earth all live here, I see no problem with people living where they want to.

Look I actually agree with you

I think if we all pulled together, stopped pointless wars and shared the planets resources wed all be living in a utopia within a generation.

What your talking about should be the end goal, and ironically if there were no wars and equal distribution of resources then we probably wouldnt have any needing or wanting to move countries but sadly thats not the reality, as it stands having an open border policy and letting anyone in isnt just stupid its suicidal.

You are not living in reality if you think illegal immigrants will automatically accept and adapt to western liberal ideals.

Look at whats happened everywhere these invaders have become a majority, not just women but everyone scared to go outside, women told to cover up to be safe, crime increases, riots. This isnt me exaggerating and if anything im understating the problem.

Im no racist and have the same ideals as you do but sadly alot of work needs to be done before we can implement them

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: TobyFlenderson

So in other words, you have not read the book, but you know it is indefensible because of what others have said.

Sorry, that doesn't cut it.

Are you sure that this book paints all immigrants in a bad light? There are no good immigrants in it? How do you know if you haven't read the book. The fact that you find this book indefensible despite having read it, and yet find movies that depict white people or conservatives ok proves you have a double standard.

Further more, a mentality like yours is what is leading to all of the violence and rioting we see against conservative speakers.

The rioters sound exactly like you when questioned. They just say the speakers that they are rioting against are indefensible. They are asked what exactly they said that is so bad, and they have never actually listened to the speakers, they just have heard how evil they are from other people. This is what you are doing.

And so they justify there violence based on the fact they know these people are indefensible despite haven't ever listened to them.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: solargeddon

You are entitled to your opinion, but this dream of a borderless world is garbage.

So no borders then. No houses, no doors, no private property. What happens when two billion people move to the US and destroy all of its resources. Well I guess they just move on to the next place, right?

But be what you preach, give up your possessions. Why are you entitled to them. You clearly are privl;edged because you have internet access, so you have more to give. Do not preach unto others what you are unwilling to do.

Why are certain cultures a problem? Because they throw gays off of roofs. They believe in honor killings. They don't think gang rape is that serious. They kill people for apostasy. They practice female genitial mutilation.

I suppose that is all capitalisms fault though, right.

You seem like a decent person, but your utopian vision will not only not happen, but it leads to many real world problems in an attempt to enact it.

Ask yourself this; does it trouble you in the least that the greediest more walthy people in the world share your borderless world vison? Now why would they want that?

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join