It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Glimpse Into The Disturbing Worldview Of Stephen Bannon

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

So anyone that brings up mein kampf in a political debate is a Nazi?

You just justified the long liberal list of Nazis just from the Bush era alone. Now we can add todays liberal loons to the list. Thanks. You are doing a great job with your deny ignorance threads.
edit on 6-3-2017 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Bannon scares me much more than Trump. Trump seems reasonable compared to Bannon.

But apparently Bannon has usurped the demented old man and is carrying on with his agenda.

Perhaps "his agenda" was the whole point all along.

Reminds me of "Bush's Brain" a little bit.

Only, in this instance, it's like two separate personalities at war/having a spat inside the mind of Trump.

Which Personality Will Prevail?? (cue the very dark, and cleverly selected Hollywood music)

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: TobyFlenderson
The book is obviously indefensible and Bannon's repeatedly referencing it is the same. For any Bannon supporter, please explain to me in a rational way how this is defensible. For any Bannon detractor, please explain to me why the existence of this book should in any way affect a person's beliefs relative to the refugee crisis?

I haven't read the book but sure.

First off, have you read the book? The fact that you call it "Indefensible" to me would mean that you have at least read the book before making such a bold statement. Or are you basing your opinion off of trigger words like racist?

The book seems to be about the dangers of uncontrolled immigration from third world countries. It is clear that there are problems that have come with that. This author may be exaggerating the dangers, but that is common place in the entertainment business.

I assume that you also are against any movie or book that shows any race, religion or culture in a bad light. Well it seems as if Hollywood is obsessed with attacking christianity, or white people, or men. So I assume you would find anyone citing those movies or that likes them as being indefensible. Or is it ok to make a film where white people look bad, but not immigrants?

So lets take the most recent Purge movie.

Purge night was started by the party in power, the Tea Party-like New Founders of America (NFA), who believe in God and support guns and the military draft. The senator is not surprisingly targeted on purge night by a table of old white men, apparently part of the NFA. A betrayal sends her fleeing with her protector, Leo Barnes (Frank Grillo), who helped save a group of people from purge night in the first movie.

“It’s very politically charged,” Grillo told Entertainment Weekly.

This spectre is what writer/director James DeMonaco envisions would happen if too much patriotism gets unruly because, you know, those July 4th parades always have the edge of barely controlled violence.

Back when the first installment was released DeMonaco told Screenrant that the movie had a specifically anti-conservative political agenda.

“I layered in these New Founding Fathers, this regime that we voted into power at some point, some kind of NRA-thing that took over the country,” he said.

“I did want to say something on class,” he added. “I think that was always the intent, to play at this apathy of the rich. It’s a morality tale.” One might wonder what exactly is DeMonaco's system of morality that trashes his country and religion?

The new trailer also shows images of a Christian church having a violent purging sacrificial ceremony.

“Purge” appropriates the symbols of America to bash not only American ideals but Christianity, the biggest religious demographic in America. Perhaps some of the patriotism being trashed and misrepresented in the film will speak up to critique it.

www.newsbusters.org...

And another article on it (there are lots praising it and for going after white conservative people)

www.forbes.com...

So I assume that you find this movie indefensible, and yet millions of people saw and presumably enjoyed it.

Ask yourself; why would someone find it acceptable to make conservative white people be portrayed as monsters, but find a similar portrayal of immigrants as horrifying?

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   

In no way am I in favor of banning books much less buning them.

Nor am I in favor of silencing anyone's opinion.

Not only do people have fundamental ownership of their thoughts and a right to express them, even in the case of the most toxic ideas, it's best to confront them head on.

Toxic ideas ... the new president seems full of them

Thank you
Toxic rhetoric abounds on most online discussion forums,
it's not just on ats that things slum on down into Trumpfests and Obama bashing
It's a worldwide phenomena

Toxic Trump
edit on 6/3/17 by Damiel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   
The vast hypocrisy of Trump supporters is striking here. The important issue is that Trump thinks the world of this blatant racist who sits at his side in the White House

Just imagine the conniption fits of the Trump supporters if Obama had a Steve Bannon type at his right hand side, maybe let’s say a Louis Farrakhan.
And he was passing judgment on issues that impact white people as Trump has Bannon dealing with issues that impact vast amounts of the non-white minority population and he feels like the author of this book towards them!

Good grief!

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
The important issue is that Trump thinks the world of this blatant racist who sits at his side in the White House

Finally someone articulated the concern! Thank you! Now I will consider the truth in that statement, knowing anti-trumpers use the word racists as a gut reflex. Besides mentioning this book, do you have other examples of his racism? Also do you think DT is racist, or just racist by association?

link   
a reply to: Willtell

Blatant racist? Feels like the author of the book?

link   
It’s not an issue about banning books but keeping a racist like Bannon away from power over peoples lives he hates because of the color of their skin.

How many white people here would want Louis Farrakhan having power over their lives?

Deciding issues that affects them

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I'd go so far as to say the mentality of assaulting Camp of the Saints is very much attuned with the mentality that assaulted Rushdie's "The Satanic Verses." Both books contain ideologies and rationales which are very inconvenient to the agenda and narratives of the globalist machine. When a book like this pops onto the radar, it's as important to examine who is panning the book as it is to examine who is praising it.

Slate and HuffPo seem to be driving the narrative our OP has latched onto. Conversely, at the time of the book being translated to English and sold in the US (1975), such respected media outlets as the Wall Street Journal and the Library Journal heaped the book with praise and credited it with provoking thought and challenging the way the developed world should view mass migration from the third world.

The book is not racist, as I've already said. The tagline about the "white world" was an ad agency feeding off fears of the day... the book itself is much better described as a vision into the cultural dissonance that occurs when large numbers of third world refugees are allowed into developed world countries. It looks at such inconvenient truths as the presence of migrant attitudes of entitlement, refusal to assimilate, vastly different values, and clashes in cultural norms. These are all issues that are easily seen in action all over Europe right now... just a quick look at the news or a brief read of native Europeans' tales from the front lines about how these migrants are behaving, crimes they're committing, and political pandering that's happening to shield the migrants from righteous criticism and sensible measures of national protectionism demonstrates just how eerily accurate the early part of the novel is to what's being seen today.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

ugh. ug.....
I was busy making other comments about humanity and so forth and so on....

then I saw you had a new thread.

I am going to state right here and right now: when Bannon comes into my radar or head, I feel a clamp upon my heart.

So. Anyway. You know I'm a fan, ante. Rock on.....I have to pass on participation for now

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   

The vast hypocrisy of Trump supporters is striking here. The important issue is that Trump thinks the world of this blatant racist who sits at his side in the White House

Just imagine the conniption fits of the Trump supporters if Obama had a Steve Bannon type at his right hand side, maybe let’s say a Louis Farrakhan.
And he was passing judgment on issues that impact white people as Trump has Bannon dealing with issues that impact vast amounts of the non-white minority population and he feels like the author of this book towards them!

Good grief!

Obama had Eric Holder.

He allowed the black panthers to intimidate people at the polls.

Rep. John Culberson, Texas Republican, confronted the attorney general, demanding to know why the Justice Department refused to prosecute the Black Panthers - especially considering they were caught making the menacing gestures on tape. Mr. Holder shamelessly played the race card. He claimed to take offense at comments by civil rights activist Bartle Bull, who called it the most serious example of voter intimidation he had ever seen at the polls.

“When you compare whatpeople endured in the South in the ‘60s to try to get the right to vote for African-Americans, to compare what people subjected to that with what happened in Philadelphia … to describe it in those terms I think does a great disservice to people who put their lives on the line for my people,” Mr. Holder said.

www.washingtontimes.com...

See that, his people are black people, not the American people.

He claimed that people were too cowardly to have a conversation on race.

Where were you when this racist was Obamas DOJ?

What has Bannon done that is racist again? Mentioned a book that showed the dangers of unchecked immigration?

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

It is similar to The Satanic Verses? Well my goodness, lets get a Fatwa going on Bannon then! I mean, that would be the liberal thing to do, right?

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Well, he had Eric Holder as his AG, who said white people can't be considered victims of hate crime because they've not suffered racism as long as blacks have. Oh, silly me... I'm trying to compare someone's personal words with someone being lambasted because of a 40 year old novel he read and references in an interview. My bad.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

You compare Eric Holder to Bannon….that’s awful judgment.

Holder is a Wall Street flunky boy just like Bannon in that regard but not even remotely can you juxtapose their racial views together and come up with any similarities…like apples and oranges

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   

It isn't exactly similar, but the response and reason for the negative responses are absolutely similar. Rushdie was hated because he dared expose some inconvenient truths about Islam...

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   

You compare Eric Holder to Bannon….that’s awful judgment.

Holder is a Wall Street flunky boy just like Bannon in that regard but not even remotely can you juxtapose their racial views together and come up with any similarities…like apples and oranges

Ok, Burdman and I have posted several of the actual things that Holder did that were racist.

Can you show me, other than quoting this book, what Bannon has done that is racist?

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   

*grabs popcorn and waits for the list of Breitbart article titles written by other people*

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I would say that Bannon and his alt-right association can be compared to the BLM group according to the same logic people here denounce BLM for…

Yet if he isn’t a racist for some strange reason he is thought to be the guy that the KKK types are so proud of.

Look folks people aren’t stupid. Racists nowadays don’t always come in white sheets.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   
The idea that Eric Holder is on a level with Steve Bannon is ridiculous

Its illogical nonsense

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

I would say that Bannon and his alt-right association can be compared to the BLM group according to the same logic people here denounce BLM for…

Yet if he isn’t a racist for some strange reason he is thought to be the guy that the KKK types are so proud of.

Look folks people aren’t stupid. Racists nowadays don’t always come in white sheets.

In other words, you have no evidence.

Same old smear campaigns.

"But I heard some racists like Bannon!"

So what? Plenty of black racists like Obama. Is that proof enough for me to claim Obama is an anti white racist?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join