It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Glimpse Into The Disturbing Worldview Of Stephen Bannon

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

I see it all over Facebook from my California friends. I don't listen to them, thus the lack of knowledge on why they hate Bannon. What makes you think I'm triggered? I can't call the "RACIST, XENOPHOBIC, FASCIST" labeling tactics for what it is?

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: Templeton

Hitler? Nah, he more's like Hitler's right hand man, oh what's his name?

Martin Bormann

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Templeton

I see it all over Facebook from my California friends. I don't listen to them, thus the lack of knowledge on why they hate Bannon. What makes you think I'm triggered? I can't call the "RACIST, XENOPHOBIC, FASCIST" labeling tactics for what it is?

You can label things however you like!

First you said people are burning this book.

Then secondly said people are comparing Bannon to Hitler (I wonder if you hold the same precedence to the alt-right calling everyone that's not a brown-noser a Nazi).

Then you thirdly say you can't label things how you like.

Have fun on your crusade of spreading lies! Busted.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   

What are you smoking?

Burning books means to not allow dissenting ideas from reaching people. Just like the current tactic of preventing speakers with dissenting views from being heard. I'm sorry for not being literal enough for you to understand the sentiment.
edit on 6-3-2017 by Templeton because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Even his name sounds like a villain from Batman or something.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

I wonder if you hold the same precedence to the alt-right calling everyone that's not a brown-noser a Nazi).

Im not sure Ive heard "nazi" tossed around by the "alt right" nearly as much as the...whatever this guy is

edit on 6-3-2017 by deuceawesome because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Ok I get it. I see the libtard star fest going around supporting each other in ignorance. You are all such morally superior people that are the first to admonish a racist book and show to the world that you are indeed NOT racist and would never read such filth! I am truly humbled.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Honetsly I think the OP is hyperbolic. Sure there are those that think this book is racist. Academic types. You knowm the ones beating the snot out of conservative people that try to speak on campus.

I have never heard of the book, but is wikipedia page says people like William Buckley enjoyed it. I don't consider him a purveyor of racism.

And if we are goin to start judging people based on books or things like films that they like or quote, there may be some harsh times ahead for liberals.

How many movies paint conservative white people as evil? Should I denounce anyone who mentions the movie Red State as an anti white bigot?

Or was the movie Red State an artists exaggeration of a problem that he saw? Yet we can't give this author the sme benefit of the doubt?

If Bannon mentioning this book makes him a disturbing person, I shutter to think what the books and movies I like make me and everyone else.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   

It was 1973, their ad agency sensationalized the ads for the book with jargon similar to what was used in most books and movies of the era. If you doubt that, check out "Something Wierd" on Google and watch the oddness. My God, 73 was still in the midst of the "Reefer Madness" generation that believed weed would turn kids into sex machines, murderers, and Satan worshippers... why? Advertising.

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Templeton

Ok I get it. I see the libtard star fest going around supporting each other in ignorance. You are all such morally superior people that are the first to admonish a racist book and show to the world that you are indeed NOT racist and would never read such filth! I am truly humbled.

Keep on calling me a liberal, you and all of alt-right on ATS assume that anyone who doesn't think just like you is a liberal!

I voted for Ron Paul bahahahah.

Again - who is burning books? Which books? Where at? Do you have a citation?

ETA:

You are all such morally superior people

Who, besides from yourself, has made such a claim?

Nice projection.

edit on 6-3-2017 by RomeByFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Can't say that I read the book but from your sources of Bannon quotes, he only references the book when speaking of the mass exodus of refugees into Europe.
Come up with some quotes from him saying we should "kill all the refugees" and I will say he is a racist, blood thirsty wannabe killer.
Until then, from reading your condensed version of the book, the analogy seems right on the money.
So...what we have here is a guy who read a book at some point in his life and sees the parallels from the point in the book to when the refugees flooded Europe. Nothing more.
I can probably come up with hundreds, if not thousands of people that would see that same parallel.
You better come up with something better than this my friend.
edit on 6-3-2017 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-3-2017 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   

If Shriver is correct, we aren't doing anyone any favors by simply burning it.

In no way am I in favor of banning books much less buning them. Nor am I in favor of silencing anyone's opinion. Not only do people have fundamental ownership of their thoughts and a right to express them, even in the case of the most toxic ideas, it's best to confront them head on.

What I'm really driving at in the OP is that we can infer something about Bannon's worldview from his apparent fascination with this book. Taken with other bits and pieces from statements he's made, interviews he's given, the direction he's taken Breitbart, campaign rhetoric from President Trump after he joined, etc — a picture emerges that I personally find troubling.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   

You really need things spelled out for you huh. I don't believe you didnt vote HRC for a second.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Bannon scares me much more than Trump. Trump seems reasonable compared to Bannon.

But apparently Bannon has usurped the demented old man and is carrying on with his agenda.

www.truthexaminer.com...

edit on 6-3-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Are you a fan of the book?

I've read the book and I recognize the similarities. The OP honestly took the most extreme examples from the book, examples of ideologies and behaviors the majority of the book's characters even found repulsive, and ran with it.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I haven't read the book, but going off the links you provided, it seems he was only comparing the immigration problem in Europe to this book. Which in many ways is pretty accurate. Nowhere did I get the sense he was advocating for some idealogy.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

If Shriver is correct, we aren't doing anyone any favors by simply burning it.

In no way am I in favor of banning books much less buning them. Nor am I in favor of silencing anyone's opinion. Not only do people have fundamental ownership of their thoughts and a right to express them, even in the case of the most toxic ideas, it's best to confront them head on.

What I'm really driving at in the OP is that we can infer something about Bannon's worldview from his apparent fascination with this book. Taken with other bits and pieces from statements he's made, interviews he's given, the direction he's taken Breitbart, campaign rhetoric from President Trump after he joined, etc — a picture emerges that I personally find troubling.

Fair enough, I'm honestly trying to understand the concern. I don't think one racist leader can make the whole country racist. Especially when we just voted for Obama. So the fear is that Bannon will foster a xenophobic culture and maybe even commit genocide?

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

"The Camp of the Saints," huh? Goshdarngolly! How did I miss that one?!

Gotta get me some good solid eugenicist fiction now!

Thanks SO MUCH for the heads up!

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   
The book is obviously indefensible and Bannon's repeatedly referencing it is the same. For any Bannon supporter, please explain to me in a rational way how this is defensible. For any Bannon detractor, please explain to me why the existence of this book should in any way affect a person's beliefs relative to the refugee crisis?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join