It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Glimpse Into The Disturbing Worldview Of Stephen Bannon

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+45 more 
posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   

I haven't the time nor inclination to wade through the various left-leaning sources to determine who kicked off interest in the topic this week but something that had been noted by at least one source before has bubbled back up to the surface, with related articles appearing in recent days from Huffington Post, Slate, etc.

I'll start with the quotes referenced by HuffPo:

"It’s been almost a Camp of the Saints-type invasion into Central and then Western and Northern Europe"

Stephen K. Bannon, October, 2015, Breitbart News Daily radio show on Sirius XM, in an interview with then Senator Jeff Sessions.

"the whole thing in Europe is all about immigration, it’s a global issue today, this kind of global Camp of the Saints."

Stephen K. Bannon, January, 2016, Breitbart News Daily radio show on Sirius XM, in an interview with Jason Richwine, canned by the Heritage Foundation over his — let's just call it "controversial" — PhD thesis,  IQ and Immigration Policy, which argued that non-white Latinos are intellectually inferior.

"It’s not a migration. It’s really an invasion. I call it the Camp of the Saints."

Stephen K. Bannon, January, 2016, Breitbart News Daily radio show on Sirius XM, in a discussion with Breitbart's "Rome Bureau Chief" (and defrocked priest), Thomas D. Williams.

"When we first started talking about this a year ago, we called it the Camp of the Saints. ... I mean, this is Camp of the Saints, isn’t it?"

Stephen K. Bannon, April, 2016, Breitbart News Daily radio show on Sirius XM, in another discussion with Thomas D. Williams.

You'll no doubt have noticed that in each quote, I've bolded the phrase — or in this case, titleCamp of the Saints. Camp of the Saints (Le Camp des Saints) is a dystopian, apocalyptic novel written in 1973 by French novelist Jean Raspail. Having some familiarity with the book, I'm surprised that more wasn't made of this earlier. I first became familiar with it while researching John Tanton, the eugenicist (and retired ophthalmologist) behind much of the US's anti-immigration organizations (FAIR, CIS, NumbersUSA, etc). The book was influential to Tanton and his heiress benefactor, Cordelia "Cordy" Scaife May (who had the book published in the US in 1983). Tanton's publishing company, The Social Contract Press, republished the book in 1995 and 2001.

So what's the big deal with book?

Well... to be frank, the book is racist af. I don't drop the R-bomb often but if ever there were an appropriate time, this is it. It's a book whose influence on certain groups (white supremacist nuts) is similar to that of The Turner Diaries. It's drawn comparisons to Mein Kampf. It's a favorite of the real alt-right whose racist hysteria has been trickling down like oozy black nutter-hate-sap into the conservative mainstream as of late.

In a nutshell, it's about an armada of a million wretched, diseased Indians, led by a s#-eating-giant-carrying-a-limbless-mutant-anti-Christ combo which is somewhat reminiscent of Master Blaster from Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome. The invading horde of "kinky-haired, swarthy-skinned, long-despised" third-worlders takeover a cruise ship and set sail for France to get a "piece of the white man's comfort." Along the way of course, this swarm of diseased, starving non-human sodomites are also described as having massive orgies of pedophilia and homosexuality and I assume, some heterosexual intercourse between consenting adults.

In the novel, the stupid libtards are all white-guilty and so they welcome the horde but the super-smart racists know what's up so they try to kill as many as possible only to be blown up by the kill-whitey-backing gubmint. In the end, the Queen of England must marry off her son to a *GASP* Pakistani, another invading horde from China takes over Russia and the Mayor of New York is forced to allow three black families from Queens to move into Gracie Mansion (the official residence of the Mayor) — oh, the horror! (if you're a friggin' insane white supremacist).

You get the point. It's nightmare fuel for asshats like Richard Spencer... and apparently, Stephen Bannon.

At some point, it's no longer going to be enough to blame the bias of the liberal media or out-of-control political correctness for promoting inaccurate views of Stephen Bannon. How many people do you know who would regularly point to a book like The Turner Diaries and argue that their worldviews comported well with it? At what point do the reasonable conclusions people have been drawing become admittedly fair by the Trump faithful?

He might not be strapping on a suicide vest or shooting innocent worshippers in a mosque but make no mistake about it, Bannon is a radical with unhinged extremists views which given his taste in literature, likely extend to genocidal ideations — and his position potentially makes him exponentially more deadly than any mere terrorist.
edit on 2017-3-6 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

+14 more 
posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

You're being hyperbolic here. There are a lot of early paralells to the European mass refugee crisis and the novel. You're focusing on the more extreme elements of the book, but the scenario laid out in the book is absolutely plausible.

+28 more 
posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

You're being hyperbolic here. There are a lot of early paralells to the European mass refugee crisis and the novel. You're focusing on the more extreme elements of the book, but the scenario laid out in the book is absolutely plausible.

And what scenario is that?

"The end of the white world?"

The world was never "white," LOL.

62% of Americans are white

The book seems to be the epitomization of the word "hyperbole."

+20 more 
posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Yeah I just saw this yesterday. Sickening stuff.

Here is my earlier thread on a related Bannon topic.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It keeps getting darker...

edit on 6-3-2017 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Thanks for the thread, I was wondering where all the Bannon hate came from. Besides the usual tea party stuff. I thought he had solid ideas for getting the budget back on track, but never really looked into his other ideals. It's really just Bannon's references to this book that has everyone in arms? If so, shouldn't we openly discuss the book instead of damning it?

From wikipedia:

In 2002 Lionel Shriver described the novel as "both prescient and appalling," certainly "racist" but "written with tremendous verbal energy and passion." Shriver writes that the book "gives bilious voice to an emotion whose expression is increasingly taboo in the West, but that can grow only more virulent when suppressed: the fierce resentment felt by majority populations when that status seems threatened."

If Shriver is correct, we aren't doing anyone any favors by simply burning it.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

And what scenario is that?

"The end of the white world?"

The world was never "white," LOL.

62% of Americans are white

The book seems to be the epitomization of the word "hyperbole."

I think that went over your head, no entiendo?

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I literally fell asleep reading the OP.

If this wasn't the Mud Pit ... I wouldn't have a comment.

+14 more 
posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Oh my, good work! I had no idea this book existed, let alone knowing what it's all about. Thanks for the education!

+12 more 
posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Are you a fan of the book?

+14 more 
posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

You're more of a picture kind of guy, aren't ya? Head on over to Reddit's, The_Donald to quell your boredom!
edit on 6-3-2017 by Swills because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Templeton
Thanks for the thread, I was wondering where all the Bannon hate came from. Besides the usual tea party stuff. I thought he had solid ideas for getting the budget back on track, but never really looked into his other ideals. It's really just Bannon's references to this book that has everyone in arms? If so, shouldn't we openly discuss the book instead of damning it?

From wikipedia:

In 2002 Lionel Shriver described the novel as "both prescient and appalling," certainly "racist" but "written with tremendous verbal energy and passion." Shriver writes that the book "gives bilious voice to an emotion whose expression is increasingly taboo in the West, but that can grow only more virulent when suppressed: the fierce resentment felt by majority populations when that status seems threatened."

If Shriver is correct, we aren't doing anyone any favors by simply burning it.

Who is burning books?

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

If this wasn't the Mud Pit ... I wouldn't have a comment.

OP gets a 0/10.

Not enough mank demes.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

The people that are claiming Bannon is Hitler of course.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Not going to lie as soon as I saw Huff Post and Slate as links I almost clicked back in my browser.There is much more to Bannon than this.

Bannon to me is one of the more interesting pieces of the Trump show. His main influence apparently is the "Fourth Turning" which is an interesting read. Basically the TLDR is that there are four generational cycles that keep repeating. The author gives many examples throughout history to back the claim. Its interesting if nothing else.

"Generation Zero" is a documentary released by him in 2010 (u can watch on Youtube) that basically ties in his fourth turning believes into current times with much made of the 2008 financial meltdown and wall street bailouts. A little overdramatic at times and has terrible music in the background but again will give some insight into the man that is not contaminated by SJW propaganda.

Almost a Ron Paul "audit the fed" sort of vibe to him. I am watching with a lot of interest to see how he interacts with Trumps other Big Bank appointees (drain the swamp yeah right) as this is oil and water in terms of how they view the finances of the USA.

Im intersted to see how it all plays out.

+24 more 
posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

You literally fell asleep reading something that probably took less than five minutes for any reasonable adult to finish?

I take it that extensive length of concentration was too much for you.

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Templeton

Hitler? Nah, he more's like Hitler's right hand man, oh what's his name?

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Templeton

The people that are claiming Bannon is Hitler of course.

Who is saying Bannon is Hitler and why are you listening to them if it triggers you?

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   

"62% of Americans are white"

Yeah sure, until one of the Mexican-Americans defends himself against a black thug, then he's included in the white only part.

+10 more 
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Its still sounds to me like a racist book with typical racist negative stereotypes of non-white peoples and glorifies the innocent white race

link   
Minorities that only wish to raise and serve their own ethnicity have been met with an opposite and equal force. The culmination of threatened and self-imposed, endangered, white dinosaurs.

LOL

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join