It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Hackers Said to Seek Hush Money From Liberal Groups

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Huge story coming out about how Russian hackers are cutting into some Left Wing Democrat groups and demanding payments to keep things hush-hush !!

Reportedly, some groups have been paying up to keep the exposures down and out of sight !!

Another "Russian" set of victims !!

Russian hackers are targeting U.S. progressive groups in a new wave of attacks, scouring the organizations’ emails for embarrassing details and attempting to extract hush money, according to two people familiar with probes being conducted by the FBI and private security firms.

At least a dozen groups have faced extortion attempts since the U.S. presidential election, said the people, who provided broad outlines of the campaign. The ransom demands are accompanied by samples of sensitive data in the hackers’ possession.

In one case, a non-profit group and a prominent liberal donor discussed how to use grant money to cover some costs for anti-Trump protesters. The identities were not disclosed, and it’s unclear if the protesters were paid.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Russian hackers are targeting U.S. progressive groups in a new wave of attacks, scouring the organizations’ emails for embarrassing details and attempting to extract hush money, according to two people familiar with probes being conducted by the FBI and private security firms.

At least a dozen groups have faced extortion attempts since the U.S. presidential election, said the people, who provided broad outlines of the campaign. The ransom demands are accompanied by samples of sensitive data in the hackers’ possession.

Bolding mine

Shouldn't we be cautious about stories that open with "people said?" Reminds me of how Fox news opens so often with "some people say…."

Also, why did the Russians hack or bribe only left wing affiliates and not right through all of this? Makes it seem like there was favoritism to the right maybe?

Now if this pans out to be true, I agree it is wrong and those involved should be punished.
edit on 6-3-2017 by waftist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Huge story coming out about how Russian hackers are cutting into some Left Wing Democrat groups and demanding payments to keep things hush-hush !!

Reportedly, some groups have been paying up to keep the exposures down and out of sight !!

In one case, a non-profit group and a prominent liberal donor discussed how to use grant money to cover some costs for anti-Trump protesters. The identities were not disclosed, and it’s unclear if the protesters were paid.

Lol bloomberg article!
First off why would people who want secrets to be kept go to the fbi who will want access to their computers. Second its a political party who the fbi is supposed to have oversite over lol. Thats like going to the cops as a drug dealer demanding the cops look into other drug dealers demanding hush money or pay to keep quiet. Are people really this stupid?

However lets look at what the article is trying to prove. A: collusion with trump or republican with russian hackers.
B: Russian hackers have hacked the dnc or other left leaning groups.
which their is no proof of and in actuality two muslims men who worked for the dnc just got caught stealing information from the dnc not russian hackers.

Who ever wrote this article is devoid of critical thinking skills! Lol only the slowest left leaning extreme liberals would actually believe this non sense.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: waftist

Bolding mine

Shouldn't we be cautious about stories that open with "people said?" Reminds me of how Fox news opens so often with "some people say…."

Also, why did the Russians hack or bribe only left wing affiliates and not right through all of this? Makes it seem like there was favoritism to the right maybe?

Now if this pans out to be true, I agree it is wrong and those involved should be punished.

that can be said with 99% of the "stories" in the news today...

How many front line stories in the last 6 weeks ended up being an anonymous source, or sources familiar with..

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

So what happened to Russia isn't doing anything???

I thought Russia was our Friends and have no involvement with hacking us??

You guys really need to get your stories straight.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   
fake news

omg that is so awesome, I didn't even have to read the post or think about it!

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Double post or aliens. Not sure.
edit on 362017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   
How can this be?
Surely the Russians didn't hack anyone. You guys have been claiming no evidence since Christ was born. Now how can this be true if they didn't hack anyone?

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
How can this be?
Surely the Russians didn't hack anyone. You guys have been claiming no evidence since Christ was born. Now how can this be true if they didn't hack anyone?

It's all on the "Q-T"

Hush Hush

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Got it.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   
So, they are blaming it on the Russians. As if a Russian hacker is going to say they are Russian.

I think this is just a ploy, some of the members of the group decided they need some money so hacked themselves. That would be my guess.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   
www.thegatewaypundit.com...

Read the article lol then do some more research. The russian didnt hack the dnc lol.

Take it from someone who actually has a degree in information security and not someone who doesn't understand the technical aspects of hacking or data foriesics
edit on 6-3-2017 by digital01anarchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: digital01anarchy

originally posted by: xuenchen

Lol bloomberg article!
First off why would people who want secrets to be kept go to the fbi who will want access to their computers. Second its a political party who the fbi is supposed to have oversite over lol. Thats like going to the cops as a drug dealer demanding the cops look into other drug dealers demanding hush money or pay to keep quiet. Are people really this stupid?

However lets look at what the article is trying to prove. A: collusion with trump or republican with russian hackers.
B: Russian hackers have hacked the dnc or other left leaning groups.
which their is no proof of and in actuality two muslims men who worked for the dnc just got caught stealing information from the dnc not russian hackers.

Who ever wrote this article is devoid of critical thinking skills! Lol only the slowest left leaning extreme liberals would actually believe this non sense.

Those Muslim IT guys worked for the house and senate not the DNC. I believe the DNC emails were given to Assange by Seth Rich whom was later murdered. Assange didn't admit that Seth Rich gave Him the emails because if He turns in a source then no one will ever leak to wikileaks ever again. He might not of admitted it in words but He did offer a 20k reward for anyone whom had info on Seth Rich's murder. I know I might be stretching the conclusion but I believe it's a lot more believable than some shadowy group of Russian hackers that never leave behind clues.

new topics

top topics

join